CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

New season hype boysss. Wish MLG could get a tournament, but I'm just happy we have at least one LAN. Rostermania should be coming to a close soon. Can't wait to see where everyone ends up. 

Not sure if serious (prize pool thing, not pitchforking thing). 

Dead serious.

This is the same case as when you guys announced the Summer Season with ESPN (AND when you upped the money with a second announcement)

343/ESL keeps flaunting big numbers ($225,000 and $100,000 for EU) but can't provide any context. Is this for playoffs? Pro League payouts? a combination of the two? What's the distribution for Finals?

We wanted to know this for the entirety of Summer Season and literally never learned it outside of players and organizations leaking it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So tilted at today's news. 343 has no idea how much this fall format will affect the am scene negatively. Zero consideration for those not in mid/high school. smfh I love halo and competing but this is so unrealistic for people to keep up with. Weekly important tourneys, fuck, only west coast events, fuck. Thanks 343 for making it impossible to juggle a job/college while competing. sorry for the rant, but /tilted

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dead serious.

This is the same case as when you guys announced the Summer Season with ESPN (AND when you upped the money with a second announcement)

343/ESL keeps flaunting big numbers ($225,000 and $100,000 for EU) but can't provide any context. Is this for playoffs? Pro League payouts? a combination of the two? What's the distribution for Finals?

We wanted to know this for the entirety of Summer Season and literally never learned it outside of players and organizations leaking it.

What did they end up leaking? Cause I was never able to find any information. 

So tilted at today's news. 343 has no idea how much this fall format will affect the am scene negatively. Zero consideration for those not in mid/high school. smfh I love halo and competing but this is so unrealistic for people to keep up with. Weekly important tourneys, fuck, only west coast events, fuck. Thanks 343 for making it impossible to juggle a job/college while competing. sorry for the rant, but /tilted

I say us Michiganders just take @@Brutus car to Las Vegas

b3abb81f588975f2ec2cf1c7492ba526.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm 6'4" and fully f*ckin tatted and if 343 doesn't work with MLG this season, I will smack the f*ck out chu boi

I like this meme.

In no way is this statement meant to be derogatory - it is completely generalized and directed to no TO's, in particular, whatsoever

The issue with things like that (from a parent company standpoint) is the lack of quality control possible. During the H2A cycle we had some poorly executed tournaments. Regardless of the name of the TO, the HCS brand (and therefore 343i and MS) is attached and the focal point of those failures to the masses. 

I completely understand the quality control issue. My concern though, is that our current set-up with weekly tournaments will make these grassroots tournaments un-attend-able for anyone making a serious run in the Challenger league. There has to be a way to work these tournaments into the schedule in some fashion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most of us will have to start our march from the midwest/east coast though. 

I have to start mine from Prague.... It's gonna be a LONG journey

What did they end up leaking? Cause I was never able to find any information. 

I'd have to go digging to find it (lol). Off the top of my head I have no clue what the total prize pool was for Summer Finals.

I get what you're saying but that makes the whole situation even more bizarre. MLG is the GOLD standard when it comes to open events and no one even comes close.

Of course. Agreed. 100%

I feel like the gentleman I was responding to was implying that there would be a separate smaller TO looking to host an event in STL and was wondering if it could (or why it couldn't be) attached to the HCS Fall Season. It also could have been a total hypothetical situation

Are HCS events in California because it is cheaper for ESL staff to travel and what not? or just lack of ESL sanctioned venues in other parts of the US?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dead serious.

Ahh, distribution. Sorry, you said prize pool and thought that was listed in the announcement and was mentioned here. Promise those details will be announced for this season :)

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd have to go digging to find it (lol). Off the top of my head I have no clue what the total prize pool was for Summer Finals.

Damnit, someone claims to have gotten information, ask for said information, told they don't know the information haha. 

Ahh, distribution. Sorry, you said prize pool and thought that was listed in the announcement and was mentioned here. Promise those details will be announced for this season :)

I did say prize pool. What prize pool is it? Finals or Weekly Pro League? 

You can't just say prize pool in an announcement when you have two sources of money. Distribution can come later, obviously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are HCS events in California because it is cheaper for ESL staff to travel and what not? or just lack of ESL sanctioned venues in other parts of the US?

I don't believe either of the Open events have any ESL affiliation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did say prize pool. What prize pool is it? Finals or Weekly Pro League? 

You can't just say prize pool in an announcement when you have two sources of money. Distribution can come later, obviously.

Those numbers are the total prize pool for each region for this season. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What if 343 is just really insecure about the possibility of MLG making changes to maps and gametypes? Maybe they have some god complex over Halo and feel that no one should decide competitive settings besides them?

if-you-didn-amp-039-t-watch-xfiles-read-

• Upvote (+1) 5

He's wanting to know what the specifics are. Such as what does each place win at the end of the season and what are the payouts for 1-4 at finals.

Alright, that should be clarified, in my opinion. That's what you guys said last season and without releasing the exact numbers for Finals it led to mass confusion.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if 343 is just really insecure about the possibility of MLG making changes to maps and gametypes? Maybe they have some god complex over Halo and feel that no one should decide competitive settings besides them?

They wouldn't change settings. That has nothing to do with it.