CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't understand why the community gets the blame so much. I've seen many people on Waypoint complain (I think LTN and Greenskull were as well) about how the community is being so negative.

Well, of course we will be when we realize that 343i isn't listening. There have been hundreds of posts on Waypoint and TB outlining why radar shouldn't be in competitive, why sprint doesn't belong, why MLG should handle the HCS, balancing of weapons, and everything I've missed, and what do we get? We've been ignored since Reach, 343i is lucky we haven't just left and are still supporting their game. THEY should be THANKING us that their game has a following big enough for the fan base to stick around after 3 HUGE disappointments.

We either get silence, or someone telling everyone to shut up and be grateful, or we're being too toxic.

We give criticism, but when that gets ignored, we blow up. Of course 343i/some members of the community have to spin it around and act like WE are the problem. Everyone is tired of being ignored.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/user/2475-deez/  - Last active September 21

http://teambeyond.net/forum/user/10038-sal1ent/ - Last active October 6

http://teambeyond.net/forum/user/342-bravo/ - Last active SEPTEMBER 2 2015 :mj:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/user/10841-frankie/ - Last active SEPTEMBER 8

I don't get it. Josh Holmes at least seems to show up from time-to-time, but he never posts. Transparency is what we want 343i, if we have a discussion and you guys actually take our feedback into consideration, people wouldn't be upset.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone have a link to the bracket? I see people typing "!bracket" in the twitch chat but nothing.  

I want you to understand this point because for whatever reason you are overlooking this, probably because it does not fit in with your narrative of "lets all be friends and hug and Halo is amazing and everything is wonderful just give feedback guys", but we have given constructive, well written, professional feedback, on these forums, for years. We quit giving them in an official capacity because none of the feedback we were providing was being implemented. At a certain point, taking personal time and effort writing a 20 paragraph feedback post every event that is falling upon deaf or stubborn ears, ultimately ends up becoming a waste of time. It seems like the only time minor changes are made is when the Pros and community collectively rage on the forums and on twitter, or when pros directly call out 343 for claiming that pros were on board with something. It should never reach that boiling point.

People are sick of holding the HCS's hand, the "We are new and evolving" excuse has all but expired at this point. The community wants Halo to be on the big stage where it belongs, which is where you see the frustration building up as the HCS decision making is moving in the opposite direction (for the most part).

This has been the big sticking point for me, and a major reason for me abandoning Halo altogether. It's difficult to play a game that has real potential, but is ruined by AR-spraying crouch fests. Myself, among more respected and articulate individuals have given essay-long feedback posts since the MLG forum days...all to no avail. 

This post I made back in January is a good reference.

My point is that we have gone through a plethora of 343 surrogates who post on these forums for a few months, "take feedback," and then proceed to disappear to never be heard from again. Why wouldn't we be upset as a community? It seems like everytime the community and 343 reach an understanding 343 throws it back in our faces with very questionable choices; the LAN being in California being the most recent and prime example.

If 343 wants positive feedback they should start by positively responding to our feedback and implementing it. I'm willing to put money down that if 343 acted on half of the changes @@TheSimms posted most of our 'criticisms' would be moot.

I don't understand why the community gets the blame so much. I've seen many people on Waypoint complain (I think LTN and Greenskull were as well) about how the community is being so negative.

It is a cop-out designed to avoid taking responsibility & recognizing bad decision making. 

Same thing applies for anyone involved in the HCS who reads a bad post out of hundreds of legit posts, and proceeds to classify the entire community as "Toxic" based on one post by one person on a site that generates thousands and thousands of posts every month. This is not a new concept or anything either.

Simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Greenskull is a representation of shill he gets free products and probably money too to make videos about Halo, he has too or he isn't getting his $$$

Now that Halo has become a corporate venture for MS, it's safe to say their focus groups and the "greater community" have taken priority when it comes to gameplay decisions.

The question is how can we get the competitive Halo community's opinion to matter on competitive Halo again? It seems to me that pros have to become more vocal (note: not jackasses) when it comes to their criticism by posting it in larger communities such as reddit. Make 343 unable to ignore it. I really don't think our "commoner" opinions matter in any significant capacity.

-Reminder that we were rolling with Breakout until Snakebite was able to catch Holmes in an awkward moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dRIDKHr.png

huh?

I typed literraly the exact same thing and didn't get banned lol. Probably a misclick on someones end.

I typed literraly the exact same thing and didn't get banned lol. Probably a misclick on someones end.

Nah, since it doesn't say <message deleted> in his screenshot, it means he was timed out for a previous message, and tried to send that one while he was banned.

• Upvote (+1) 4