CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

hey hey hey we are number 1 seed right now actually

My apologies sir. I was going by pro league. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

man NV should be worried about having to play E6 the way they are looking right now on LAN.

edit- to clarify, trash talk in itself isn't the problem here see Last Face's post.

Liquid 3-0'd Amateur Hour so fast. We had to move MW/Carnage to stage or give you a 40 min break. Based on feedback we're trying to minimize the breaks while showing the best matches possible. Trying to find that balance.

Definitely appreciate your constant feedback as well responding to the criticism. You're doing a much better job today man keep up the hard work!

Kinda sums him up  :simms:

NEbtvOE.jpg

To be fair plenty of sports have this format. Major League Soccer has home and away until the final, College World Series (M and F) probably some more

• Downvote (-1) 1

man NV should be worried about having to play E6 the way they are looking right now on LAN.

Not really IIRC that was nV's first match of the day and they generally seem to play a lot better after "warmups" should still be a close series though.

Definitely appreciate your constant feedback as well responding to the criticism. You're doing a much better job today man keep up the hard work!

To be fair plenty of sports have this format. Major League Soccer has home and away until the final, College World Series (M and F) probably some more

Home and away isn't really double Elim, more changing from a '2 game series' to a single match.

There are just so many things wrong with your post, but the main point I would like to drive home is this:

If 343/ESL/HCS are looking for more "positive" reactions and feedback from the Halo eSports community, they need to begin making more "positive" decisions that actually benefit the community. 

Do a good job and the good feedback will naturally fall into place. Do a bad job and negative feedback will naturally fall into place. 

Two West Halo Coast Open Events, the first of which has 20something teams and not super great viewership, when we could (and had the option apparently) to be on a bigger stage with bigger operators, is probably going to generate a lot of negative feedback. If we had 1 central event + 1 Midwest event at the MLG Arena with Finals in Las Vegas, I am willing to bet that the reaction would have been the polar opposite of what you are seeing since the west coast open event announcements.

Remember back when you were competing / giving Halo 5 a real shot? I remember you publicly calling out ESL/HCS on crappy rules, settings, not being able to join cups, etc.  And now that all of the sudden you are a contractor or employee for the same company you were complaining about - anyone doing similar things is toxic and the community is now a considered to be a part of a "cesspool". I like you man, but give me a break on that nonsense.

Example: 

I want you to understand this point because for whatever reason you are overlooking this, probably because it does not fit in with your narrative of "lets all be friends and hug and Halo is amazing and everything is wonderful", but we have given constructive, well written, professional feedback, on these forums, for years. We quit giving them in an official capacity because none of the feedback we were providing was being implemented. At a certain point, taking personal time and effort writing a 20 paragraph feedback post every event that is falling upon deaf or stubborn ears, ultimately ends up becoming a waste of time.

People are sick of holding the HCS's hand, the "We are new and evolving" excuse has all but expired at this point. The community wants Halo to be on the big stage where it belongs, which is where you see the frustration building up as the HCS decision making is moving in the opposite direction (for the most part).

This needs to be on more than one page.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not really IIRC that was nV's first match of the day and they generally seem to play a lot better after "warmups" should still be a close series though.

E6 was in the same scenario against the top AM team and only dropped one game. i'm just saying, they better not sleep on E6.

Home and away isn't really double Elim, more changing from a '2 game series' to a single match.

thats why i specified MLS has home/away instead of saying double elim

thats why i specified MLS has home/away instead of saying double elim

Then it's not a relevant point tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been posting about exactly that! I'm not attacking Adam or MLG (other than I think that calling this stuff out publicly makes it harder for them to get back into the bidding process if they have indeed been stonewalled). I'm simply saying we as a community should not just to conclusions without the full story and instead of throwing blame we should seek suggestions for a plan to fix things we can get behind.

Have players been paid out for the Papa Johns Invitational tournament you hosted? Lets start there with fixing things.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

man I hope the stream puts some more matches of MW, these guys are hype to watch

Edit:

Thanks to everyone who checked out my periscope stream of the nV vs MW game. Final count was 1305 viewers which is insane considering I just installed the app as game 3 was ending.

Thanks for periscoping the match man. Was the most hype ive been this weekend lol 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Have players been paid out for the Papa Johns Invitational tournament you hosted? Lets start there with fixing things.

A very fair question. To my knowledge, everyone has been yes and I have been following up with team owners and players directly to ensure they have been. As you can see from my wording though, I'm not 100% in the affirmative there yet.

The turnaround time on paying these players was obviously, ridiculously slow and completely unacceptable. In the future, I would probably organize such a tournament through a 3rd party organization instead of doing it through Twitch directly. Due to the various legal and financial complexities of being owned by Amazon, I think it would be much more expedient for everyone involved in the future if we were just writing one check to a 3rd party who was then responsible for distributing payments as opposed to handling those ourselves. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can we please not have this argument again. I was hoping it died with Cooper

• Upvote (+1) 5

A very fair question. To my knowledge, everyone has been yes and I have been following up with team owners and players directly to ensure they have been. As you can see from my wording though, I'm not 100% in the affirmative there yet.

The turnaround time on paying these players was obviously, ridiculously slow and completely unacceptable. In the future, I would probably organize such a tournament through a 3rd party organization instead of doing it through Twitch directly. Due to the various legal and financial complexities of being owned by Amazon, I think it would be much more expedient for everyone involved in the future if we were just writing one check to a 3rd party who was then responsible for distributing payments as opposed to handling those ourselves. 

Good to hear. 

Thats the best way to go, our partnership with ASTRO works similarly to what you described in payments.

• Upvote (+1) 2