CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can we leave all the save halo post till after the event? Can we just get back to the matches?

I don't like vetoes at live events fwiw

The community can only truly make minor improvements for Halo. The community doesn't make TO decision, production decisions, prize pool decisions, partnership decisions, gameplay/gametype decisions, marketing decisions.

Personally, I don't think Halo will get to where I'd like it until it is Marketed better and it makes a move to PC, with a free competitive style multiplayer of some sort. That is the landscape of eSports and you have to embrace it.

The question is rhetorical. 

Are you mad at me for joining the discussion and offering my input on how we might take action? What is the issue here? I'm very confused.

you are condescending to us when you don't know anything about anything

the only reason why you are relevant in this community is because you sign towey + co's checks

feel free to continue contributing your very valuable and informed "input" 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Maybe the best thing for us is to 343 kill Halo and then another company reboots or works with the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be honest with you, I'm not sure why you think what you're suggesting is different from the general consensus here.

We'd like to focus on the future too. I think one of the ways we can most effectively work to improve things is to continue to pressure 343 to be more open to competitive settings and to be more open to working with one of the premier TOs on the continent and reviving one of the biggest parts of Halo's history.

And yeah, it sucks that we only have one side of the 343-MLG story... but it's not like anything is stopping 343 from commenting.

I would be more on board of pushing 343i to work with MLG if I were presented with a complete plan that I felt good in getting behind. Right now, we have the history of MLG doing wonders for Halo in the past, but certainly the esports climate has changed drastically since then and MLG's plans for approaching this game would change accordingly. As a result, I'd like to see someone offer a plan first, and then the community backing that plan instead of just throwing allegiances completely to one side based on personal sentiment (which granted, MLG has certainly earned with the Halo community). Could MLG have that plan? Absolutely, but as a fan and someone running a team, I'd like to see and be able to provide feedback on it first.

Well yea, you only have one side of the 343-MLG story because one party decided to go and air their behind door conversations. I personally don't feel it's okay to do so and I don't think that 343i should start going out and publicly listing all the reasons they chose not to work with MLG. What message does that then send to other TOs who might seek to work with them?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

For those that don't know, I don't think I've seen Infinty actually mad within the 3 or so years I've known him.

Same here. Well, he gets a little mad when I run past everything during Strikes on Destiny but never that mad.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There are so many things that (apparently) don't make any sense to the public regarding many things from core gameplay to event decisions and much more.

I think it's easy to understand why people get angry when they don't get any sort of answer for so many questions...

Well, these are the kind of answers we need to make constructive criticism possible on the forums:

Liquid 3-0'd Amateur Hour so fast. We had to move MW/Carnage to stage or give you a 40 min break. Based on feedback we're trying to minimize the breaks while showing the best matches possible. Trying to find that balance.

Thank you @@Phade

• Upvote (+1) 3

you are condescending to us when you don't know anything about anything

the only reason why you are relevant in this community is because you sign towey + co's checks

feel free to continue contributing your very valuable and informed "input" 

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I am here, trying to contribute to the discussion but you are just making personal attacks against me. I know we can be more constructive than this. Also, I think it's a bit silly to say that because my perception of things don't align with yours that I "don't know anything."

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I would be more on board of pushing 343i to work with MLG if I were presented with a complete plan that I felt good in getting behind. Right now, we have the history of MLG doing wonders for Halo in the past, but certainly the esports climate has changed drastically since then and MLG's plans for approaching this game would change accordingly. As a result, I'd like to see someone offer a plan first, and then the community backing that plan instead of just throwing allegiances completely to one side based on personal sentiment (which granted, MLG has certainly earned with the Halo community). Could MLG have that plan? Absolutely, but as a fan and someone running a team, I'd like to see and be able to provide feedback on it first.

Well yea, you only have one side of the 343-MLG story because one party decided to go and air their behind door conversations. I personally don't feel it's okay to do so and I don't think that 343i should start going out and publicly listing all the reasons they chose not to work with MLG. What message does that then send to other TOs who might seek to work with them?

I don't think MLG should have to present /us/ with a plan to earn our support, I just think it's reasonable to expect 343 to at least hear out their proposals. I agree that it's not great to be airing dirty laundry out in public but if 343 really is stonewalling MLG and Adam, it's not like they're left with many options aside from giving up on Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a concept in business called "United Front" -- and if you go against that, you're very likely to get fired.

You have to publicly support what your company puts out, not just for the sake of the company, but for the sake of yourself as well.

Gonna quote Frank Fields (formerly RiotMirhi) from his blog talking about Riot and LCS death penalties:

There was another prominent game designer, though I can't recall who at the moment, so I can't link you a source, who talked about how the United Front was also for the safety of those who disagree.

When a new feature comes along or gets changed, there are those who support it, and those who do not.  This can be true of those within the company, and those outside of the company.  If someone publicly supports a stance that is NOT aligned with that of the company, the groups outside the company may band against that person -- and, although it's extremely pathetic that this happens, as often as people send death threats or DOX these days, it puts yourself at risk to publicly take a stance that does not align with your company's.  I wish I had the full context that the other person had written about this, because it was quite enlightening.

But to answer your question about "Why do they become shills?"

Because they have to.

But it's important for you to understand, as someone only able to see the company and employee's front-facing communications, that no matter how much they publicly support a feature, it does not reflect their actual opinionsthat they may be expressing to their bosses, executives, or even same-level colleagues.

i wasn't being serious but thanks for being informative.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I am here, trying to contribute to the discussion but you are just making personal attacks against me. I know we can be more constructive than this.

you don't know anything about anything when it comes to competitive halo

feel better?

stop trying to be a victim

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

the community doesn't need to do anything

a decent amount of people watch the pro league DESPITE spectator mode (good production)

centralized LANs get 60+ teams to sign up bare minimum 

the only reason why we have a 20 team 5k viewership championship sunday LAN is because of bad decision making by 343

hopefully they learn from this going forward

it doesn't have anything to do with "halo isn't popular blah blah" 

people just cant remember shit that happened 2 weeks ago, let alone 2 months ago

• Upvote (+1) 4

you don't know anything about anything when it comes to competitive halo

feel better?

stop trying to be a victim

all these big names come in here just to play victim. It's sad.

Same here. Well, he gets a little mad when I run past everything during Strikes on Destiny but never that mad.

I never invested too much into what he says after I randomly tuned into Heytred's warzone stream and found myself being analyzed as poster and compared to Cooper.

I do however agree with a lot of the feedback posts though. More feedback should be given in that manner.

edit: @@Lazer @@808heartbreaks regarding and older Halo league. I'll spare the long answer but it's just not realistic. We are at a point where I think we can get a few CE events organized a year, but thats the most I can do. I don't think anyone can afford to run a league or open events. I've reached out to Adam numerous times and haven't heard anything back. Not even to run a league but just looking for some advice or answers. I also used to respond to the MLG guys tweets when they'd tease these throwback events but didn't hear anything back. The Beach LAN is my focus though for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2