CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've been at work all day and only been reading the posts on here, but assuming the production quality is as low as everyone complaining is saying it is, I'm glad it's not on the Halo channel and there aren't very many people seeing it and deciding not to bother watching Halo anymore. 

Yea, I can see that point of view. But if MS / 343 / HCS staff isn't confident in the product then I have no idea why they would send it out to them. Just all around weird situation at this point + the MLG drama.

• Upvote (+1) 4

LOL 4500 viewers, hahaha a League match gets more viewers than that... Like i said, Optic buying CLG will not HELP Halo grow... No one cares about Halo in the CoD community... 

Sorry for the double post, tried to edit this in the above one. Have you thought about the idea that maybe Hecz picked up the roster because he wanted a successful team? I know he would love the scene to grow because that would mean more success/money for his players and also more success and money for the organization, but I am sure his first priority was a team that is successful and not the joke of the league/pro scene.

Yea, I can see that point of view. But if MS / 343 / HCS staff isn't confident in the product then I have no idea why they would send it out to them. Just all around weird situation at this point + the MLG drama.

Agree completely, but the fact that it has been sent out to them now makes sense to not stream it on the Halo channel. Obviously it should have gone to someone else, and maybe only had one open LAN in the middle of the season with the two prize pools combined.

I'm guessing nV is next? They didn't mention who is up unless I missed it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope @@UGCevents is taking notes on what not to do and hopefully they can request to get on the Halo channel for there event.

Oh they are :) and only sanction events will stream on halo UGC is not sanctioned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we should continue to let the narrative continue that 'MLG dropped Halo'? Got it. We didn't choose to stop supporting Halo, we were pushed into a corner with decisions that were made. That goes back to Halo 4. Do you want the truth or do you want a scapegoat, happy to go back to being quiet ('professional), so you guys can blame us for any subsequent downfalls.

You overestimate the impact of the current halo community. Theres no narrative that warrants these responses from you unless your personal feelings are hurt. Unless youve resigned any potential future with 343 then i would just stop sharing in such an emotional way. How are your responses helping Halo currently? Because from what ive seen its having the opposite effect. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Aside from the production issues (which aren't horrific in my opinion, just not what I'd hoped for), I think the biggest issue is that the stakes aren't very high. Most pro teams aren't there, some teams are cobbled together, there's not much money, and (as far as I know) the placings mean nothing. I think that the real fun in this event will be watching the AM teams fight for the top and seeing how they stack up, so I don't expect viewership to get too high until that starts happening. For me it makes sense people aren't into the pro matches. Because of the outcome of the event, they feel like they have less weight and importance than scrims.

You overestimate the impact of the current halo community. 

This statement is correct, and actually just supports what @ is saying. 

A game that pays little to no attention to its community is where?  

NOWHERE

• Upvote (+1) 3

You overestimate the impact of the current halo community. Theres no narrative that warrants these responses from you unless your personal feelings are hurt. Unless youve resigned any potential future with 343 then i would just stop sharing in such an emotional way. How are your responses helping Halo currently? Because from what ive seen its having the opposite effect. 

his last comment is way off base as I believe the majority of the community can wrap their head around why there wasn't a huge competitive H4 scene.

That being said, everything else is warranted. Our comp scene is subpar. MLG could make it better. MLG is being blacklisted. Why wouldn't MLG make this public knowledge?

Aside from the production issues (which aren't horrific in my opinion, just not what I'd hoped for), I think the biggest issue is that the stakes aren't very high. Most pro teams aren't there, some teams are cobbled together, there's not much money, and (as far as I know) the placings mean nothing. I think that the real fun in this event will be watching the AM teams fight for the top and seeing how they stack up, so I don't expect viewership to get too high until that starts happening. For me it makes sense people aren't into the pro matches. Because of the outcome of the event, they feel like they have less weight and importance than scrims.

Exactly. The only real incentive to show up was so they could practice on a closed network. 

These slowed down game clips are starting to make me miss the McDonald's Forge vid.

Make it stop.

How we went from 2.5 million prizing to struggling for get 2.5k viewers should be studied.

The answer is in your post. A 2.5 million dollar prize pool would make professional basket weaving exciting to watch. Not as many people would want to watch professional basket weaving without that kind of price pool, though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I wish there was a way to keep up with the progress of teams in the open bracket considering the event is essentially for them with the pros being a showcase and only half of the pro teams showing up.

However, we can't even get a list of teams at the event, much less a bracket.  :mj:

ETA: ^^^^ can't find anything either. Checking for twitter updates now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish there was a way to keep up with the progress of teams in the open bracket considering the event is essentially for them with the pros being a showcase and only half of the pro teams showing up.

However, we can't even get a list of teams at the event, much less a bracket.  :mj:

ETA: ^^^^ can't find anything either. Checking for twitter updates now.

As I said earlier, I'd be willing to pay to have a feed of open matches, even without commentary and restricted to 1 POV with spectator mode on. 

I think @@CoachMayyne might be better for this.

On the request on CyReN

Alright, here are the AGL Lan events back in 2013 for viewership when I use to tweet them out. I would never have thought I would have to post these again in 2016 but the lack of viewership for he first ever Halo 5 LAN event is depressing to say the least after a 2.5M event 7 months ago with 100K peak viewership. Here we go (a lot of tweets below)

AGL NJ Jan 2013-2.2k

AGL CHi and NJ --> 

AGL5-6.4K peak viewership

UMG Halo 6.5k --> 

AGL7- 6.7K Peak viewership

AGL8-8.3K Peak viewership  Most ever for any AGL eventà

AGL9- under 2K viewership with 17 teams signed up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah why are we watching what is essentially the seeding bracket for Sunday when there's an elimination bracket going on off stream?

• Upvote (+1) 3