CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

too drunk to figure out who nbwt and ucbr are

Bubu is NBWT, which is short for NBBWT, which is short for No Barber But We Tapen, the team name he uses when playing 4v4 tourneys with his friends.

Ola is UCBR, but no idea what that stands for.

Bubu Dubu's whole ffa run was just nothing but clutch plays. So glad he won, he has to be one of the nicest pros ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That must of been last bullet fired. Well played Bubu Dubu, be a big motivator for the 4vs4s that.

I stayed up until half 5 in the fucking morning for a FFA tourney. My life is a mess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Bubu won?

Inb4 Cratos considers that his win because #e6fam

:kappa:

E6 rigged to win :kappa:

So Bubu won?

Inb4 Cratos considers that his win because #e6fam

:kappa:

Also, Huke would've won if he had stayed with e6

Because Cratos. 

Bubu is NBWT, which is short for NBBWT, which is short for No Barber But We Tapen, the team name he uses when playing 4v4 tourneys with his friends.

Ola is UCBR, but no idea what that stands for.

yoU Can't BR, obviously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ugh, that feeling when you type up an essay of a post just for the forums to give you some error to prove you're not a bot and it to be lost. Worst part being I had it copied in notepad to continue from earlier since I had to do something but decided to close it w/o saving since I was done and about to post it.

Feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ugh, that feeling when you type up an essay of a post just for the forums to give you some error to prove you're not a bot and it to be lost. Worst part being I had it copied in notepad to continue from earlier since I had to do something but decided to close it w/o saving since I was done and about to post it.

Feelsbadman

Go to post it again, look at the bottom left corner of the post window.

Click the part at the bottom left that says something like this:

ef7617d5dc7717087cb799f5ce12835f.png

Restore the post.

Enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1.5k-2k viewership for a halo lan is unacceptable

it's a direct reflection of the quality of the stream and the amount of overall planning that went into this event

"no one" even knew what channel is was being broadcast on..........

might be a little premature.  I agree that 1.5-2k viewers is extremely low for an Official HCS LAN, but it was the FFA.  I'd expect the viewership numbers to increase when the 4v4 starts and teams like OpTic/nV play.  If we're only getting ~2k viewers during OpTic/nV games, then we can sound the alarm cause we'd have some fucking problems.

There isn't even an emote appropriate to describe the horror of there being FFA on Stasis.

EleGiggle

Then you, the pros, need to start taking more initiative in fixing this game, by being loud and organized. Obviously an outright boycott is overkill right now but simple protests by the biggest names in the community (you) will get people's attention. These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there in 30 seconds, they're probably bad but the idea behind them is to protest (and I'm sure others can come up with better ones):

- I don't know if pros have a consensus on radar but if they do then doing shit like putting tape over the bottom left corner of your screens so it's covered at LANs that are less important like this one or UGC or Vegas. Or just crouching the whole game.

- Or if you want to get the aiming fixed then playing LAN games without firing your weapon (only melee etc.).

- If pros unanimously want a certain gametype out, actually play that game (aka don't veto) and then just be AFK the whole game. 

That kind of shit. It's loud, it's clear.

(And yes, it's a respectful protest too. No one's swearing, no one's telling 343 to suck a dick, it indicates unanimity and passion for improving the game.) 

little tidbit for people who think this kills the competitive scene: 343 isn't just going to up and leave esports. Imagine if people said "exposing 343's lies regarding breakout will just make them want to stop doing HCS." Snakebite would've never come forward and we'd still be playing breakout. That's exactly what protesting is about. And they're DEFINITELY not going to leave when they're under the spotlight. 

Or we can just go back to collectively shitposting on TB while watching a stream with 2k viewers and no hope for the future

pretty sure every point you made from this post would break some rule of HCS, more specifically would probably be considered a "player misconduct" offense, which falls under the category of a Penalty, which comes with the consequence of the loss of a veto and 5% prize money reduction.  It would be extremely selfish of us to expect a pro team to protest in a way that could get them permanently fined by HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hoping the real tourney is going to be fun to watch.

BTW it's definitely gonna be weird watching the games without no facecam.

Is it?

Personally I think they're over rated. Maybe it's just because it's been so long that we've had decent player camera placement but I just think it's a waste of screen space.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Face cams add something to the production values, it looks much more professional when done correctly. Last night was a shambles IMO, No gamertags, seasons passing in between games and that caster who can't let anybody say 5 words before he butts in, all made for an impossible watch. We all need to remember that even though we should support the scene, it should actually be FUN to be involved in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A bit of positivity: today's commentating by T2 and SS has been really really good. SS is waaaay better than he was during S1.

Also "cranny" lol

It was good to see strongside casting again and balancing enthusiasm with not completely losing it
  • Upvote (+1) 2