CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's about time we start making some real decisions and progress because I can feel my blood pressure rising from constant failures on things that should be obvious.

Then you, the pros, need to start taking more initiative in fixing this game, by being loud and organized. Obviously an outright boycott is overkill right now but simple protests by the biggest names in the community (you) will get people's attention. These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there in 30 seconds, they're probably bad but the idea behind them is to protest (and I'm sure others can come up with better ones):

- I don't know if pros have a consensus on radar but if they do then doing shit like putting tape over the bottom left corner of your screens so it's covered at LANs that are less important like this one or UGC or Vegas. Or just crouching the whole game.

- Or if you want to get the aiming fixed then playing LAN games without firing your weapon (only melee etc.).

- If pros unanimously want a certain gametype out, actually play that game (aka don't veto) and then just be AFK the whole game. 

That kind of shit. It's loud, it's clear.

(And yes, it's a respectful protest too. No one's swearing, no one's telling 343 to suck a dick, it indicates unanimity and passion for improving the game.) 

little tidbit for people who think this kills the competitive scene: 343 isn't just going to up and leave esports. Imagine if people said "exposing 343's lies regarding breakout will just make them want to stop doing HCS." Snakebite would've never come forward and we'd still be playing breakout. That's exactly what protesting is about. And they're DEFINITELY not going to leave when they're under the spotlight. 

Or we can just go back to collectively shitposting on TB while watching a stream with 2k viewers and no hope for the future

• Upvote (+1) 3

If sleeping on a floor is the worst thing I have to do, I consider it a successful LAN event.

P.S. Fuck every person who puts hotel AC down to minus five hundred degrees at night and doesn't have the common courtesy to throw down one of seven blankets

The level of toxicity may have increased but so has the amount of gold posts.

I will forever love this thread.

Shout out to the real ones!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then you, the pros, need to start taking more initiative in fixing this game, by being loud and organized. Obviously an outright boycott is overkill right now but simple protests by the biggest names in the community (you) will get people's attention. These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there in 30 seconds, they're probably bad but the idea behind them is to protest (and I'm sure others can come up with better ones):

- I don't know if pros have a consensus on radar but if they do then doing shit like putting tape over the bottom left corner of your screens so it's covered at LANs that are less important like this one or UGC or Vegas. Or just crouching the whole game.

- Or if you want to get the aiming fixed then playing LAN games without firing your weapon (only melee etc.).

- If pros unanimously want a certain gametype out, actually play that game (aka don't veto) and then just be AFK the whole game.

That kind of shit. It's loud, it's clear.

(And yes, it's a respectful protest too. No one's swearing, no one's telling 343 to suck a dick, it indicates unanimity and passion for improving the game.)

little tidbit for people who think this kills the competitive scene: 343 isn't just going to up and leave esports. Imagine if people said "exposing 343's lies regarding breakout will just make them want to stop doing HCS." Snakebite would've never come forward and we'd still be playing breakout. That's exactly what protesting is about. And they're DEFINITELY not going to leave when they're under the spotlight.

Or we can just go back to collectively shitposting on TB while watching a stream with 2k viewers and no hope for the future

we already don't play stasis lol, hopefully that one works out for us.

We have spoke up a lot more than you guys seem to think, straight to 343 as well. The whole league and events situation needs figured out ASAP because without that we have nothing. Idk man just thinking about this is mentally draining.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i wonder if che was actually fired (they didnt renew his contract or they said they werent going to)

because that would show 343 is serious about making changes going forward

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't want open events anymore, I just want MLG events.  :mj:

oh this just pissed me off! haha i want mlg events too but it wasnt too long ago we were begging for open lan events!!

Reading the past 15 pages has been infuriating. Everything from people acting like they know what it takes to run a business, to bashing an open lan. I think a lot of the frustration will subside once sat and sun 4s roll around but it just sucks to see that with some people on here,they will never be happy with anything. (not saying people shouldn't lobby for more, just sucks we cant appreciate a LAN, no matter the location or the viewership). I mean just being able to see the players reticle actually hitting shots on their opponents body is super refreshing. I want to make sure i get this point across clearly: i know things can be improved and settings/production/location etc. could all be better. 

inb4 im called a 343/ESl/EsportsArena "shill"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I mean, you just said the reticule hitting is refreshing for you as a viewer. That's just says what state we are in.

I get it, we bitch like no other. A lot of this stuff is really basic and easy to fix. Hope it works out in the future, but time isn't something we have anymore with Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

oh this just pissed me off! haha i want mlg events too but it wasnt too long ago we were begging for open lan events!!

Reading the past 15 pages has been infuriating. Everything from people acting like they know what it takes to run a business, to bashing an open lan. I think a lot of the frustration will subside once sat and sun 4s roll around but it just sucks to see that with some people on here,they will never be happy with anything. (not saying people shouldn't lobby for more, just sucks we cant appreciate a LAN, no matter the location or the viewership). I mean just being able to see the players reticle actually hitting shots on their opponents body is super refreshing. I want to make sure i get this point across clearly: i know things can be improved and settings/production/location etc. could all be better.

The fact that you think we should be praising 343 for the bare minimum shows the state this game is in. The fact that "just being able to see the players reticle actually hitting shots on their opponents body is super refreshing" is being used as an actual positive is mindblowing. Seeing accurate real time gameplay is like a damn miracle. This is just depressing.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Look it's not ESA's fault, it could be better but this is what they have and I'm still glad they are putting on an open LAN for us. But it's just the timing of knowing MLG wanted to be there and 343 seemingly going out of their way to use any organizer that isn't them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MLG would make this LAN 100x better than what we are getting right now. Even if they had the location being ESA. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's hard to praise ESA when they show the same 5 replay clips over and over again for 20 minutes every hour

when the stream was an hour late

when there are no player cams or crowd noise mics

i was expecting a lot more from a company that has their own dedicated venue 

• Upvote (+1) 4

omg u guys wanted open lans now u complain about open lans this is why 343 wont remove radar ffs

you think they would if they actually listened to the community 

The fact that you think we should be praising 343 for the bare minimum shows the state this game is in. The fact that "just being able to see the players reticle actually hitting shots on their opponents body is super refreshing" is being used as an actual positive is mindblowing. Seeing accurate real time gameplay is like a damn miracle. This is just depressing.

i am not saying 343 should be praised. ALL I AM SAYING IS WE ARE WATCHING AN OPEN LAN AND I AM PERSONALLY HAPPY THAT I AM WATCHING AN OPEN LAN. 

My biggest gripe with the pro league is the reticle lag/delay whatever. So seeing "accurate real time gameplay" makes me happy. How is that depressing? I get it that should be the norm, but currently it is not. I feel like i have to stress this again to make sure people understand that i in no way shape or form think what we have now is "good". It can be improved and can absolutely be a lot better. But FOR ME, watching this event so far has made me happy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Huke and King Nick(?) through in their bracket, Str8 Sick out with Rayne, Daffs and Mocha according to bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i am not saying 343 should be praised. ALL I AM SAYING IS WE ARE WATCHING AN OPEN LAN AND I AM PERSONALLY HAPPY THAT I AM WATCHING AN OPEN LAN.

My biggest gripe with the pro league is the reticle lag/delay whatever. So seeing "accurate real time gameplay" makes me happy. How is that depressing? I get it that should be the norm, but currently it is not. I feel like i have to stress this again to make sure people understand that i in no way shape or form think what we have now is "good". It can be improved and can absolutely be a lot better. But FOR ME, watching this event so far has made me happy.

Hey, I'm not personally attacking you or your opinion on the tourney. I'm just saying that the fact that an accurate reticle is a HUGE plus shows how bad this game is being managed lol. Believe me I understand, the reticle making accurate will allow me to actually watch the damn tourney.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Finals is set with Pistola, Huke, Suspector, Bubu Dubu, Monster, and King Nick.