CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there a reason why they're watching everybody except for the winning player?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The guy was so ahead they wanted to watch players that are fighting for Top 4 (at least I hope that's their reason).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see why you guys would like this to be on /halo. And there are valid arguments being made. 

But has anyone stopped to think that it is also good for esports Arena to be able to run ads on their channel to recoup some money on their investment into this project or  gaining new followers for their channel so their future shows are more successful? 

IG Atlanta was streamed to /halo. 

Yeah, after we raged for it to happen. Should have been day 1. I dont care about any Tournament Organizers growth on their social media channels. 

Regardless, we are back to square one.

Yeah they didn't show Rayne much at all when he won handily, and then stopped showing Snip3down when he got way out ahead in Game 2. There's a balance to be found between showing the guys who are at the brink of qualifying and have all the pressure on them versus showing the guy making all the nice plays, and it seemed they went heavy on the latter that series. Earlier they were showing Str8 SicK and Ace just dominate the whole game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see why you guys would like this to be on /halo. And there are valid arguments being made. 

But has anyone stopped to think that it is also good for esports Arena to be able to run ads on their channel to recoup some money on their investment into this project or  gaining new followers for their channel so their future shows are more successful? 

At least Halo is hosting it. If Xbox/Halo/HCS/ESL could tweet it out/FB that'd be nice. Real Sport will be tomorrow ;) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least Halo is hosting it. If Xbox/Halo/HCS/ESL could tweet it out/FB that'd be nice. Real Sport will be tomorrow ;)

We'll be promoting it tomorrow. 

You could let them run it on /halo and serve ads and give them 100% of revenue generated. They would gain supporters (in theory) from the exposure of the /halo followers

Can you be in charge again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No offence to them, but I want Halo growth, not esports arena growth.

It is a virtuous cycle. 

Am I the only one that looks at that and thinks hmm how'd that 2 year old find a way to write his name on there?  :simms: Cratos literally looks scribbled on

Cratos' signature looks no worse than Frosty, Royal 2, or el Town's

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could let them run it on /halo and serve ads and give them 100% of revenue generated. They would gain supporters (in theory) from the exposure of the /halo followers

You could. But it might not be that simple to work that out. Been there. 

It is a virtuous cycle. 

MLG should be saying that to you  :simms:

You could. But it might not be that simple to work that out. Been there.

Yup, agreed. Is halo hosting the channel? That would be helpful (not ideal but helpful)

I'm confused, isn't /halo currently hosting esportsarena? is there a viewership difference between hosting another broadcast versus running it solo?

Yup, agreed. Is halo hosting the channel? That would be helpful (not ideal but helpful)

They are hosting the channel, but like you said it is not ideal. 

I find it irritating that we have to solve the same problem we thought we solved during HCS MCC.

1.5k-2k viewership for a halo lan is unacceptable

it's a direct reflection of the quality of the stream and the amount of overall planning that went into this event

"no one" even knew what channel is was being broadcast on..........

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what, 300 dollars in ad revenue over the next few days? And literally dozens deciding to follow to watch tournaments in other games.

Throw them $500 bucks, call it even, and put it on the Halo channel.