CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll wrap most of these images until spoilers but just a remind of how awful these skins look in-game due to how low-res they are.

OpTic

vwIuNyu.jpg

HIPXo2V.jpg

Evil Geniuses

qxlMoqO.jpg

YnBUtVd.jpg

CLG 

HjtEbIx.jpg

vx1hQ40.jpg

EnVy

wD4Mgt6.jpg

MZ2h59K.jpg

All I see is glare.

You know what the worst part is? When I played on 4s/2a with half of the default deadzones (thinking my fine adjustments would improve), my FUCKING AIM SLOWED DOWN. I could be going crazy though.... silly me for hoping that 343 would have the bright idea to make Halo 5 aim just like, oh I don't know, the other Halo games? What do I know, anyways? I'd like someone who considers themselves able to be extremely objective to test this out a bit and see what they think.

Easiest way that I can think of to objectively test it is to have someone with an arduino kit make up a rig that makes a servo push the control stick to a given position for a certain period of time and then let back up to neutral. Make sure the reticule is always starting at the same place by only having one spawn on the map, and take screenshots of where the reticule ends up so it's easy to compare. If I had any of the equipment myself, I'd do it. I wish we had been complaining about the heavy aiming back in March or April, because testing this could have potential counted for two of my final engineering projects :mj:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If he streamed for 10 hours a day to an audience and then spends the rest of the day living life. By your definition, he isn't a content creator.

A painter paints for 8 hrs a then lives life, he is a content creator?

So because after Ninja is done streaming his 10 hr day but doesn't edit it for a youtube vid for a few hrs after, he now isn't a content creator.

Just seems silly to put down someone's hard work for petty reasons.

hes an entertainer more than a content creator

hes an entertainer more than a content creator

Entertainment is content creation  :thinking: . To say he is an entertainer to an audience but isn't a content creator is an impossibility which is what I was getting at. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Phade firing through the holster, into his foot. Twice in two days! He's on fire!

@@Saucey He was saying Ninja isn't a content creator. Quality wasn't the subject.  ;)

Yeah, Ninja is for sure a content creator. His content is "Live" content, and he makes a living from it. Pretty cool imo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, Ninja is for sure a content creator. His content is "Live" content, and he makes a living from it. Pretty cool imo.

Exactly. I was just addressing this:

I don't agree with you calling him a content creator. 

4ms delay on the monitors Phade just said on stream

I applaud Esports Arena for finding a monitor that best simulates online play on H5's servers. You have to have consistency between practice and competition conditions.

• Upvote (+1) 6

HCS pro league fall 2016 teams, seeds and what defines content creator discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HCS pro league fall 2016 teams, seeds and what defines content creator discussion.

Inb4 someone gets salty and calls you unoriginal.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I applaud Esports Arena for finding a monitor that best simulates online play on H5's servers. You have to have consistency between practice and competition conditions.

#immersion

• Upvote (+1) 1

#immersion

there isn't a 100% direct connection between mind and suit in the Halo universe. Latency is a feature, not a bug.

This event gives me AGL vibes, there I said it.

It doesn't really feel like an HCS event that's for sure. Slow mode replays for filler. no schedule on the screen etc.

Could be different tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are we talking about Ninja being a content creator or not? Is this FFA tournament that boring?

Not as much the tournaments boring, but the skill gap for these rounds are kinda obvious.

And Ninjas a content creator.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This event gives me AGL vibes, there I said it.

Needs more "How to do a kickflip" videos, #Brazilian, Ring girls, Skydiving. The good ol' days.  :kappa:

i was worried they were gonna do this for the event. Makes absolutely no sense, we aren't trying to promote and grow esportsarena. This is an HCS event, stream it on the damn halo channel. It helps nobody involved and yea is only the FFA right now but it's 100% going to have way less viewers than if it was on the halo stream. Seems completely obvious to me. Basically we are just moon walking backwards.

I really hate telling people how to do their jobs. No way of doing it without sounding like a condescending asshole, nobody wants to hear about what they are doing wrong. 

I try not to care sometimes, but it really seems like if we are not constantly up in arms about the most minuscule, easy fixes, they either are never rectified or we revert back to old bad habits like this. We have literally been fighting for this crazy movement of "STREAM OFFICIAL HCS EVENTS ON TWITCH.TV/HALO" since the Iron Gaming days, and yet here we are... back at square one.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not as much the tournaments boring, but the skill gap for these rounds are kinda obvious.

I just put the FFA on again and it had a guy on Statis crouching with rockets :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just put the FFA on again and it had a guy on Statis crouching with rockets :wutface:

See thats skill, at least they can get rockets in FFA :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Entertainment is content creation  :thinking: . To say he is an entertainer to an audience but isn't a content creator is an impossibility which is what I was getting at. 

Nah, it's possible. Just look at the Fine Bros.  :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 2