CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's been known for huge legit donations. Good on him for supporting content creators.

I don't agree with you calling him a content creator. He's an entertainer. He doesn't make his own emotes or overlays, he doesn't make unique YouTube content like @@Clicked or other Youtubers etc. Those are content creators.

I can't even put up with 30 seconds of those volume spikes and screeches from Ninja in his stream never mind paying him 10k for it. Fair play to him though, i don't have to get it to respect it.

Dude, how does Ace and T2 still remember a tournament goose nearly 10 years later? No one forgets a goose, guess aPG will never be free of his.  Haunting him forever   :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't agree with you calling him a content creator. He's an entertainer. He doesn't make his own emotes or overlays, he doesn't make unique YouTube content like @@Clicked or other Youtubers etc. Those are content creators.

Streaming is in and of itself, content creation tho  :simms: . We consume it. Clips are made of it. VODs are made of it. Entertainment is had from it. It's just a different type than what you mentioned.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really hope this is a troll...

If not... 

:mj:

If I heard right I think mainstage monitors are BenQ RL2455HM

Every person saying this has been majorly fucking with my head. I spent a few hours playing Warzone Assault last night trying game out on my usual 3s/4a or 4s/2a with 0 deadzones as well as setting my deadzones to default with some higher sensitivities.

It fucking steams me to say this, but I think you guys are onto something. I'll say that I didn't feel as comfortable in close quarters with the deadzones at default, since you technically "can't" react as quickly, but I definitely think the reticle was lighter. To make sure, I tested 4s/2a with 0%/0% as well as default to get as objective a look as possible. I have no idea why that would be the case, but I really think you may be right.

You know what the worst part is? When I played on 4s/2a with half of the default deadzones (thinking my fine adjustments would improve), my FUCKING AIM SLOWED DOWN. I could be going crazy though.... silly me for hoping that 343 would have the bright idea to make Halo 5 aim just like, oh I don't know, the other Halo games? What do I know, anyways? I'd like someone who considers themselves able to be extremely objective to test this out a bit and see what they think.

I think a few of us caught onto this around the same time. It was a few updates back when people started reporting aiming issues and i noticed my shot instantly turned trash and i was surviving in a lot more mid-long range battles that I know I should have died in. I tried everything. Long sticks on the elite (I used to play with fps freeks) turning vibe on and off, all kinds of different senses/accels, testing 3 different controllers. I was actually getting embarrassed multiple times a day, and seemed to be "that" teammate going solo a lot. My aim is better at 6/5 with deadzones than it was on 3,3 with 0%. 

Just a general theory I have but I think deadzones became an adjustable thing during whichever update but they didn't do anything and somewhere along the way it started to work. Deadzones really should be a thing with a controller regardless of if you have slow turn or not. 

Sidenote: i am finally winning close range pistol battles again. It seems like i couldn't hit a single shot in them for months. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Streaming is in and of itself, content creation tho  :simms: . We consume it. Clips are made of it. VODs are made of it. Entertainment is had from it. It's just a different type than what you mentioned.

If you wanna be pedantic and semantic about it sure.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Ninja is imho maybe the most important Halo content creator we have (well except for 343 obviously).

Content creation:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_creation

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is the latest with Eco?

Has he been dropped?

Nobody knows. Hot rumor is he left for LOL to reunite World's Liquid

• Upvote (+1) 2

that doesn't make any sense man

his content is his stream

• Upvote (+1) 4

Technically its all content, but there is for sure "lazy" content and "high quality" content. 

Example: 

Streaming yourself playing Halo 5 matchmaking and then uploading the whole cast to your channel via twitch auto upload = lazy (in my opinion)

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you wanna be pedantic and semantic about it sure.

njTipxu.jpg

Television is content. Youtube is content. Snapchat is content. Vine is content. Twitch..guess what...is content. Your ignorance won't deny the amount of content Ninja has put out. 

@@Saucey He was saying Ninja isn't a content creator. Quality wasn't the subject.  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

njTipxu.jpg

Television is content. Youtube is content. Snapchat is content. Vine is content. Twitch..guess what...is content. Your ignorance won't deny the amount of content Ninja has put out. 

@@Saucey He was saying Ninja isn't a content creator. Quality wasn't the subject.  ;)

I assumed people could infer what I was trying to get across. My bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just because you don't agree with the type of content doesn't mean his isn't a content creator. It's just insulting.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

njTipxu.jpg

Intellectual content is a thing too.  He can entertain people with his comedic wit. The HCS podcast is content and all it is is a group of dudes talking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If he streamed for 10 hours a day to an audience and then spends the rest of the day living life. By your definition, he isn't a content creator.

A painter paints for 8 hrs a then lives life, he is a content creator?

So because after Ninja is done streaming his 10 hr day but doesn't edit it for a youtube vid for a few hrs after, he now isn't a content creator.

Just seems silly to put down someone's hard work for petty reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 3

inb4 this argument spirals out of control.

On the one side, you have those who argue that anything that is composed of matter is content.

On the other, you have those who argue that they are markedly made DIScontent from Ninja's content, and thus he isn't a content creator, but a discontent creator. 

• Upvote (+1) 1