CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

watching ninja's stream, i was experiencing the same shit servers/lag that he was. everyone just ate bullets and didnt drop . so frustrating 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Context? LMAO you are a ridiculous. You're doing exactly what i said you were doing even when trying to prove otherwise. Eveyone on this forum is the same, I can't wait to see these forums die off once halo is truly dead and see everyone trying to spin and rationalize. you'll all regret not pushing harder. you will all regret not boycotting anything 343 produced. Ban me now so i don't post again cause clearly this forum is deluding itself into oblivion.

Are the mods gonna fulfill his request?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Context? LMAO you are a ridiculous. You're doing exactly what i said you were doing even when trying to prove otherwise. Eveyone on this forum is the same, I can't wait to see these forums die off once halo is truly dead and see everyone trying to spin and rationalize. you'll all regret not pushing harder. you will all regret not boycotting anything 343 produced. Ban me now so i don't post again cause clearly this forum is deluding itself into oblivion.

War, huh, yeah, what is it good for?

• Upvote (+1) 4

watching ninja's stream, i was experiencing the same shit servers/lag that he was. everyone just ate bullets and didnt drop . so frustrating 

yup had to take a few day break I was tilting way too hard. They have been garbage lately.

Love my Halo but damn cant wait for new CoD remake to come out. I will def be making the switch  :kappa:

And then you have Ninja who COULD grind games 12 hours a day if he wanted, but chooses not to.

grinding 12 hours a day would do nothing but burn him out

I can't necessarily blame them though. I don't think they're doing it right, but I don't think it's some conspiracy to do everything to spite us. Halo is unique because it has a lot of different communities to please. Competitive multiplayer, casual-competitive multiplayer, casual-casual multiplayer, campaign, warzone, forge, etc. Certainly they could go a long way by listening to the community on some issues, but it can't be too easy to make all of those sectors of the game work out best for everyone.

It isnt difficult to please all the communities simultaneously, Social Slayer, Team Objective, BTB, Warzone, and Team Competitive(or whatever the hell they want to call it.) Radar in everything but TC, no radar in TC. Problem solved, masses appeased. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

vu7Anec.gif

Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 6

Fair enough you hate all of 343's halo games, but wishing it would die along with this forum is a bit much surely?  Just walk away if you hate it so much and let others that still enjoy it or at least care enough to try into the future do their thing.  Why torture yourself? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I watched most of the EG vs LG scrim last night. The servers were dreadful to say the least so I'm surprised both teams wanted to play the series out after game 2. Regardless of server issues, I predicted EG to be uncomfortable for their next few scrims simply because Victory is underrated when it comes to fitting in with any team he is on, not necessarily his skills as a Halo 5 player. Stellur joining EG is a huge adjustment for the twins more so than Ninja and they seriously need to grind the game together before the next Pro League matches, whether it be MM or scrims.

Turning my attention to Ninja for a bit. Has he fallen out of love with Halo? I'd say yes. Has he lost his hunger to compete? I think he partially has. He's a streamer first(a successful one), a professional Halo player second. Most of his viewers and subscribers come from H1z1, a game that he enjoys to play a lot more than Halo. He seems more fed up with the state of Halo to the point that he is done giving the game and the developers a pass for all the questionable decisions that have been made. At this point, he is still competing in Halo because of 3 reasons, 1. He is a part of a Pro League team meaning he is guaranteed money, 2. He is a part of a salaried org. that is big enough to give him some exposure, 3. The potential for more money in the Season Finals if they place top 4. What do all these reasons have in common? More money to support himself and his girlfriend. RoyBox are in a similar position as well, why would they retire when there is still money to be made with EG and the Pro League? If I were Ninja, I would take a gamble on myself and just become a full-time streamer and retire from Halo. Halo has become a job to him and not a fun one.

Being in the Pro League should be enough motivation for AM players to strive to compete. The main issue is how heavily online focused the Pro League is currently and how 343 has handled the Open tournaments this season. Not having MLG involved with Halo is a joke, having only west coast events is a joke, and the prize pool for these events are a joke. How is Halo supposed to be taken seriously with all of these set backs?

One last thing, 343 fix your damn servers, please and thank you!

• Upvote (+1) 2

It isnt difficult to please all the communities simultaneously, Social Slayer, Team Objective, BTB, Warzone, and Team Competitive(or whatever the hell they want to call it.) Radar in everything but TC, no radar in TC. Problem solved, masses appeased.

I don't think it's quite that easy to make everyone happy. I mean, r/halo hates us because they think the game was built for competitive play, whereas we (not everyone and not myself, just collectively) look down on them because we think it was built for casuals. Removing radar should ABSOLUTELY happen (I'm not arguing that it shouldn't), but you'll still get a fair amount of people that would otherwise play Team Arena quitting because its "too hard". But aside from balancing things, my point was more that implementing all of those different communities' preferences into the game and doing them WELL can't be an easy task. It takes a lot of time and a lot of money. It's part of the reason we've been getting an incomplete game at launch.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I watched most of the EG vs LG scrim last night. The servers were dreadful to say the least so I'm surprised both teams wanted to play the series out after game 2. Regardless of server issues, I predicted EG to be uncomfortable for their next few scrims simply because Victory is underrated when it comes to fitting in with any team he is on, not necessarily his skills as a Halo 5 player. Stellur joining EG is a huge adjustment for the twins more so than Ninja and they seriously need to grind the game together before the next Pro League matches, whether it be MM or scrims.

Turning my attention to Ninja for a bit. Has he fallen out of love with Halo? I'd say yes. Has he lost his hunger to compete? I think he partially has. He's a streamer first(a successful one), a professional Halo player second. Most of his viewers and subscribers come from H1z1, a game that he enjoys to play a lot more than Halo. He seems more fed up with the state of Halo to the point that he is done giving the game and the developers a pass for all the questionable decisions that have been made. At this point, he is still competing in Halo because of 3 reasons, 1. He is a part of a Pro League team meaning he is guaranteed money, 2. He is a part of a salaried org. that is big enough to give him some exposure, 3. The potential for more money in the Season Finals if they place top 4. What do all these reasons have in common? More money to support himself and his girlfriend. RoyBox are in a similar position as well, why would they retire when there is still money to be made with EG and the Pro League? If I were Ninja, I would take a gamble on myself and just become a full-time streamer and retire from Halo. At this point, Halo has become a job to him.

Being in the Pro League should be enough motivation for AM players to strive to compete. The main issue is how heavily online focused the Pro League is currently and how 343 has handled the Open tournaments this season. Not having MLG involved with Halo is a joke, having only west coast events is a joke, and the prize pool for these events are a joke. How is Halo supposed to be taken seriously with all of these set backs?

One last thing, 343 fix your damn servers, please and thank you!

Mostly good points. However, disagree with you saying he has lost his drive to compete. 

I can honestly see Ninja moving towards being a PC streamer (H1Z1) and possibly not even competing in Halo anymore. He made some rather telling comments in his stream the other night that basically there is no money in console streaming. He was also upset that he has been streaming for so long and can never get more than a couple thousand viewers. I think in his mind he feels like he has reached his peak and feels that streaming a console game (a "dying" one at that) has mostly contributed to this. Couple that with the fact that he loves playing with Summit so much and I think that is all a recipe for him moving towards PC streaming/competing.

This is all speculation of course.

i think you need to seek some help dude, no joke

you committed suicide on twitter (do you want me to share what happened?) and you're committing suicide here 

i hope you get your IRL issues sorted out

self destructive mindsets are not uncommon. i've always been like that, but i do find it funny that over the last 2 years or so a lot of people have changed their tune because 343 have dangled some shiny keys in front of them, even when the games problems as well as management is no different.it's cool to go after my irl stuff i honestly don't mind thats just the nature of online, but unless you guys really use the power this forum could probably have, 343 won't go in the direction you want. you've got a lot of big names popping by, and all you do is just cosy up instead of direct questioning. polite constructive criticism does not work. it will never work. this forum and its admins have a lot of potential and they're not utilizing it. just enabling the marketing experts and corporate shills to destroy halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

self destructive mindsets are not uncommon. i've always been like that, but i do find it funny that over the last 2 years or so a lot of people have changed their tune because 343 have dangled some shiny keys in front of them, even when the games problems as well as management is no different.it's cool to go after my irl stuff i honestly don't mind thats just the nature of online, but unless you guys really use the power this forum could probably have, 343 won't go in the direction you want. you've got a lot of big names popping by, and all you do is just cosy up instead of direct questioning. polite constructive criticism does not work. it will never work. this forum and its admins have a lot of potential and they're not utilizing it. just enabling the marketing experts and corporate shills to destroy halo.

Have you seen my posts?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Have you seen my posts?

have you seen the reaction your posts get? most people in here were calling for you to be banned lol

It's like they are trying to make me hate the Pro League and EG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Either the servers are better tonight, I am getting a major placebo effect, or this is legit because this seems to have made a huge difference. 

Thanks for the tip.  My aim has felt incredible every single game since resetting the deadzones.

Glad to help. I don't remember my aim feeling any different right when deadzones became a changeable option. It just seemed like the "cool" thing to do when it was first available. But now going from default to 0 feels incredibly different. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think you need to seek some help dude, no joke

you committed suicide on twitter (do you want me to share what happened?) and you're committing suicide here 

i hope you get your IRL issues sorted out

How does one commit suicide on Twitter?

Have you seen my posts?

cursed lemon is probably one of the few people on here honest and intelligent enough to say what needs to be said and this forum wouldn't shut up about him being too negative so he self imposed an exile mostly from this discussion

• Downvote (-1) 2

Mostly good points. However, disagree with you saying he has lost his drive to compete. 

I said partially he lost his drive to compete, not entirely. He would have been in favor of going to OC even if it wasn't going to benefit the EG org. itself if his drive to compete were still strong. Just look at Commonly's last post. Ninja is still a competitor, but he is losing his love for Halo competitively which I don't blame him.

So a long time ago there was a rumor that HCS tourneys would be played on H5 on PC, can anyone at OC confirm or deny this?