CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

adam stahppp. every new post of yours i read makes me more and more sad.

6.gif

i really REALLY would loooove to hear from 343 about all this. It seriously pains me to think we could have been back with MLG for awhile. I hope the reason we are not is justified because i couldnt imagine all the growth/feels/etc we could had being denied because of something petty.

343i/M$ doesnt have the courage to make a statement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really sucks, because everyone at TB is killing it with their online tourneys. Maybe if 343 is so pigheaded not to include MLG, then TB should be given the pro league?

We are always here to help Halo eSports.

I would love to run a challenger league personally, we basically already have been running one for 2 years with ASTRO.

FWIW - I, genuinely, believe that TB should be given a shot at running the Challenger League. They have the staff and infrastructure in place. If they are successful then there's no reason why they shouldn't be considered to run the HCS Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Is it only nV, E6 and Optic goin to OC?

What happened to LG, EG and shit?

I believe Optic/nV/E6/Liquid are attending.  

LOL doesn't have a set fourth or even an org (ace and renegade are competing though), Shooter left ALG so they backed out, and I'm not sure about EG/LG.  Hopefully it's not just because the prize pool isn't large enough.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe Optic/nV/E6/Liquid are attending.  

LOL doesn't have a set fourth or even an org (ace and renegade are competing though), Shooter left ALG so they backed out, and I'm not sure about EG/LG.  Hopefully it's not just because the prize pool isn't large enough.  

Im pretty sure E6 and LG are not going and it has to be cause of the prize pool no offense but it probably cost more to get to the event than what they could possibly win.

Shout out to Ryanoob and Onset for streaming Day 2 of the EU Pro League every week. The community is really lucky to have both of them, especially because they do this just because they love it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not sure what 343 could possibly want more in terms of feedback than some hard truth from a tournament organizer

They want to be told they're doing an excellent job, given atta boys and high fives and that they're the best developers ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not many people know this, but we had a huge Beyond live event for the MCC Launch mapped out. $50,000 prize pool, multiple sponsors, a few of which are massive companies in gaming were on board. MCC came out and was a disaster, nobody wanted to be involved obviously after that.

We were planning a Beyond Halo 5 LAN live tournament, but after gamers for giving 2016, the business side of my brain can't justify throwing that much money at an event if it's a coin toss that the game will operate correctly. Also paired with the fact you need some super classified VIP dedicated server at your event to ensure a decent experience, and I've heard sometimes even THAT doesn't work correctly.

I just cant comprehend this whole push for "grassroots" when the titles being provided don't work like we need them to work. It's like trying to build a house on a foundation of quicksand. Give the community a solid foundation to stand on and we can build it.

How about we just go back to the OG xbox/360 game/s?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@ - What happened to the MLG apparel in the store?  After reading your open and honest posts about MLG, I would like to upgrade my 8 year old hoodie and shirt.

MLG 4 LYFE

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel you, so many untold stories.

After MLG Dallas when we sold out the open bracket last minute, we found out a deal was signed with Virgin. We were told by someone over there that 'there are more people other than MLG in the picture now'

Going into MCC we were asked to pitch something 'in the clouds, go huge'. So we did. The next thing we got back was a cease and desist for MCC for all live events and Gamebattles in addition to seeing some of our pitched elements ripped out for other vendors. We were also asked to operate a launch event at the Barracks in LA (picked out by someone who will not be named) for $100,000 total budget (inclusive of prize money, player travel, etc)...we did a site survey and the venue didn't have electrical, internet, or bathrooms...so we said no, it was not feasible (save this point for later).

Going into Halo 5, we were told that due to us not running the aforementioned event and also due to us not supporting Halo MCC (which we were not allowed to do) we would not be given a chance for HCS for Halo 5. 

Nothing makes sense. I just want Halo to be awesome. 

The more you post the more I hate 343. 

And I'm normally on their side.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't mean to sound crass but i hope che was the person responsible for a majority of these missteps 

since ya know... he's gone now

kevin franklin and che down, only like 300+ to go.

#progress

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i don't mean to sound crass but i hope che was the person responsible for a majority of these missteps 

since ya know... he's gone now

A little crass, but also 100% agreed, so im fine with it

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's personal then 343 are babies and need to grow up. 

Remember the hype last summer when we all saw the MLG logo with World Championship? Why would 343 NOT want the community to be in that sate always? 

MLG IS Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone truly wonder if 343/MS are truly interested in fostering Halo as an eSport?  They just used the HWC as a large ad campaign.  Almost a year on with H5 and they are now pushing their next exclusive.  Don't be surprised if they let Gears die as they push the next exclusive in 2017.  It feels very much like a short term plan for the game for them instead of long term.  Why would they care?  Hell, as someone posted earlier, the game can be had new for $20.  The sales are gone.  Time to move on.

Think about H3, I had friends that were buying 360's two years after H3 came out that were getting a copy of it to play.  I couldn't convince my nephew to play H5, let alone buy it.  Now, with BF1 and TF2 coming, I will most likely be moving away from H5 too.  Doesn't seem to be the support or enthusiasm from the devs or the players.

EDIT:  I should add that I really hope that Halo continues as an eSport.  I am nowhere near even a decent player in Halo, but I do enjoy watching the scrims, matches and tourneys.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

What time zone are the times for TB Tournaments?

Quick shout out to TB and everyone that puts these amazing tournaments together.  We appreciate you guys and love you for it.

With all this talk about MLG,  ESL and so forth, let's just take a second to pay respect to TB for keeping a HUGE portion of the Halo community alive.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What time zone are the times for TB Tournaments?

Quick shout out to TB and everyone that puts these amazing tournaments together.  We appreciate you guys and love you for it.

With all this talk about MLG,  ESL and so forth, let's just take a second to pay respect to TB for keeping a HUGE portion of the Halo community alive.

Tournaments are all in EST timezone in our announcements. 

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate that. I know this may sound corny, but we dont really get much "love" publicly (not that it matters), it is just nice to hear some good things now and then!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone truly wonder if 343/MS are truly interested in fostering Halo as an eSport?  They just used the HWC as a large ad campaign.  Almost a year on with H5 and they are now pushing their next exclusive.  Don't be surprised if they let Gears die as they push the next exclusive in 2017.  It feels very much like a short term plan for the game for them instead of long term.  Why would they care?  Hell, as someone posted earlier, the game can be had new for $20.  The sales are gone.  Time to move on.

micro transactions tho

skins tho

req trading would be hype

• Upvote (+1) 3

FWIW - I, genuinely, believe that TB should be given a shot at running the Challenger League. They have the staff and infrastructure in place. If they are successful then there's no reason why they shouldn't be considered to run the HCS Pro League.

I appreciate this.

I would love for Beyond to be involved in an official capacity in the HCS program. I think we can do some great things if we had the HCS/Beyond/ASTRO all working together to move Halo eSports forward. We have had great success and incredible turnout on our tournament platform we launched side by side with Halo 5, and have the resources and man-power to produce professional broadcasts showcasing online events. 

Regardless of us running anything in an official capacity or not, we will still be here grinding with the community.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

People actually care about REQs?

who knows, we never get numbers for anything anymore

but im sure that nornfang pack did alright 

• Upvote (+1) 1

who knows, we never get numbers for anything anymore

but im sure that nornfang pack did alright 

8 quid for 10 or however many of those single use items will always sound ridiculous to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1