CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You implied that EU pro league should have taken precedent over a communities frustration with the management of Halo. No one watches pro league, i'm from eu and so are a lot of the people i play with and they all say its the most boring thing ever which it is, and you can neg all you want but barely anyone from this forum watches it either

Disagree entirely. EU Halo is probably going through one of the bigger transitions now that we are able to well and truly compete on at least a level of what the North Americans compete on. Now I'm not saying we would beat any NA teams, but the fact we now also get to play weekly matches now means that we have something, with all due respect, to actually compete for rather than the one or two LANs a year hosted by Gfinity and the likes.

I haven't watched this weeks as of yet due to a busy university schedule for the next couple of days, but I do eventually catch up. The transition for European Halo is coming I feel, and the competition between the teams in the Pro League is now starting to develop, and its all down to the players, viewers, broadcasters and everything in-between (yes HCS, including you guys and girls, gold star for you on the wall chart for golden time at the end of the week).

Might not seem it at the moment, but give it time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At risk of going off topic loved the EU pro league last night, highlight was removing the player outlines i thought it really freshened things up 

Amazing to think i had forgotten about that.

Was loving the no outlines!  I think outlines can be good at points but mixing it up as they did last night added a lot to my enjoyment of the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

>Halo needs to grow and be better and important

>say EU halo is crap and don't care about it.

GG

• Upvote (+1) 5

Disappointed in T2's response to the last few pages, I don't think anyones opinion on here, no matter how abrasive, is pathetic. Not a very good look starting off a post with that when you're going to follow it up with a post completely missing the point.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Did nV end up scrimming E6 last night? I didn't see the result on halo data hive.

Also, sorry Simms! My kitten pounced on me as I was scrolling through in bed this morning. I can assure you it was the most adorable accidental neg.

Did nV end up scrimming E6 last night? I didn't see the result on halo data hive.

Also, sorry Simms! My kitten pounced on me as I was scrolling through in bed this morning. I can assure you it was the most adorable accidental neg.

Nah because servers are so bad even after all this time that people can barely play custom games, but don't worry 343 are listening and it's only been 3 games i'm sure h6 will be great from the start

• Upvote (+1) 3

Disappointed in T2's response to the last few pages, I don't think anyones opinion on here, no matter how abrasive, is pathetic. Not a very good look starting off a post with that when you're going to follow it up with a post completely missing the point.

i dont know if posts have been deleted but some of the comments, especially from frank, were pretty pathetic. 

In what way did T2 miss the point?

• Upvote (+1) 3

im all for bad servers but yesterday was Xbox in general going down. Please at least have a correct hissy fit if we are gonna have to refresh and read it please.

so servers aren't a problem? why is it anyone from the eu can barely get games, and all the connections are trash? why is it someone is always lagging out? why does a game that sold for 50 quid still not quite up to standard a year later? why are the maps all cancer? why is radar still a thing? why did they promise a completely different game in trailers and deliver a shit campaign? why did they promise spectator mode? why is the ranking system so bad? how can you be ok with what they are doing?

• Downvote (-1) 5

so servers aren't a problem? why is it anyone from the eu can barely get games, and all the connections are trash? why is it someone is always lagging out? why does a game that sold for 50 quid still not quite up to standard a year later? why are the maps all cancer? why is radar still a thing? why did they promise a completely different game in trailers and deliver a shit campaign? why did they promise spectator mode? why is the ranking system so bad? how can you be ok with what they are doing?

Its too early for this man go get some coffee start your day I'll be back with more mental capacity later
  • Upvote (+1) 4

People from eu cant get games because no one from eu plays lol. Completely unrelated to how trash the servers are.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good lord. Other scenes have people doing the same things T2 etc did. Those driven individuals are out there. They're just playing different games. There's a reason new pros are so rare.

You sound like one of those old folks who blame millenials for being lazy and just don't understand the impact the passage of time has had on the big picture.

If you dont think theres a new generation of entitlement, then you are part of the problem. Period.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Or it is 2016 and most people actually know if they have a chance or not to make it. Comparing someone's experience in 2004 when there was no ranks, matchmaking, or competitive forums in Halo to someone's in 2016 who has some many outlets to make themselves know is beyond silly. If you are good at Halo at this point you are most likely somewhat known. It makes no sense to spend that much money or make that many sacrifices now. 

Also, I really hate the constructive feedback argument. The competitive Halo community has been giving constructive feedback to Bungie and 343i for 10 years now. Most of it is never listened to. If you think anyone is going to waste their time trying to be nice when it will just be ignored then you are just out of touch. Compare how 343 reacts to the community to how Valve reacts to the Dota community. They actively make changes in the game, in how they monetize the game, and how they run tournaments that people request.

Thats why I said it's a combo of a lot of things. 

a true test of where we are at is 343/esl running a fully supported Halo 3 event. let's compare numbers and reactions. 

People from eu cant get games because no one from eu plays lol. Completely unrelated to how trash the servers are.

So are you saying that expanded and balanced arent sever options? Because they are and this problem still happens

i'm from eu, as are most of my friends, who all played halo since h2. they try to play this game, but connections are utter shit. the servers are the problem you ignoramus

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i'm from eu, as are most of my friends, who all played halo since h2. they try to play this game, but connections are utter shit. the servers are the problem you ignoramus

I never said servers aren't bad. I'm saying they aren't the reason you can't find games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

a true test of where we are at is 343/esl running a fully supported Halo 3 event. let's compare numbers and reactions.

The even bigger test with this would be to see if they use MCC or actual Halo 3 :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

probably that t2 focused more on people putting more effort towards getting to events when most people are just looking for improvements on event locations and an overall explanation of why it would be west coast in the first place.

I agree west coast is a very big drag and we are better off in other regions, I don't think anyone is arguing that. I'm excited to see this event though I've heard the place is nice, hopefully the event is ran smoothly. Vegas numbers are going to be something to actually look at and gauge more properly where things are at though. Vegas may be a bit west but it really isn't that big of a pain to get there.

But at the same time I do agree with t2, it may be the format or whatever that gave people the drive to want to go to the events but it really does seem like people don't want to go unless it's extremely easy for them. Props to anyone that is making their way out to events and has a lot of loving pieces to make it happen. Idk it might just be from how people act and talk now but back even when I first started going to events in 2010 I was like 15-16 and my parents have never had spare money for me to go out doing that. I was going to events with like 50 dollars sleeping on floors of my teammates or of people on other teams. I had to drive down with my friends from my town and all just hope I was able to find one of my forum friends with some floor room.

Off topic I know but I'm in the airport on the way to this event and it was a nostalgia trip remembering that.

All in all... Let's just try to get stuff better before we all viciously assault each other in real life over forum frustration. *drinks entire zzzquil bottle*

What some of us are trying to say is that Halo should have progressed far enough where going to the events easier. Kids shouldn't be sleeping on floors. 

"Back in my day" shouldn't be used as a metric in 2016.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1