CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

-snip-

We shouldn't have to get second jobs and sleep on lobby floors to attend a Halo event because of plain idiotic planning by HCS.

We use inflammatory language because we have been getting FUCKED by HCS/343 for years now. It's always something. Something is always being done wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You're really going to sit here and insult one of the nicest people in the Halo scene like that? Calling StrongSide a "reanimated corpse" seems like a low blow, no wonder people think you're an asshole.

People don't think I'm an asshole, I am an asshole.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 24

You're really going to sit here and insult one of the nicest people in the Halo scene like that? Calling StrongSide a "reanimated corpse" seems like a low blow, no wonder people think you're an asshole.

No one thinks he is an asshole, HE IS  an asshole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just realized Yiws got dropped :( sad times. From what I'd seen (imo) Boamx looked like the weakest link in that squad. Dastroyed and Nem can really turn it up so it'll be interesting to see if this change helps them moving forward.

Can only assume I saw too little of their play to get a fair assessment.

Think Yiws will be a great pickup for another AM squad, the guy can go off.

Appreciate you saying that about me man, but I can't see myself competing again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apart from FrankTheShow, who apparently gets a free pass to say anything he wants because he's friends with Saucey or whatever, I think 99% of the responses in here have been respectful.

I'm very appreciative of 343's investment in the tournament scene and hope things continue to improve going forward, whether with MLG partnerships or whichever else.

I'm often blunt, but rarely wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 26

2 things:

1) East Coast lans

2)Partner with MLG (we all know the benefits this would have)

Edit: I do love how we do have more open lans now I just wish more pros would go and the 2 suggestions is just for the growth of the community and the competitive scene

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 things:

1) East Coast lans

2)Partner with MLG (we all know the benefits this would have)

I love how we need to specify east coast lans now, that's what we get for assuming 343 didn't need us to tell them where to put the lans.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's so disappointing to come in here and read the negativity towards the people working on running these tournaments. While it's not perfect and yes there is room for improvement, the way you guys try to get your point across is just absolutely pathetic.

Tashi and a few others don't have to post on these forums nor do they have to read them. Personally, I enjoy coming here to find the occasional useful information like who is winning scrims and what the community actually thinks about the teams, matches, and events as a whole. 

Now, I haven't read every post but while Santa Ana may be a little expensive to fly to, there hasn't been a West Coast Open event in a while. With that being said, Esports Arena can run one heck of an event especially based on what these things typically cost to run. I'm confident that ESA and PGL will bring us both fantastic events. We just had a local event in Chattanooga - and while it may have been a cool event to attend to, the production level was amateur level and the broadcast these 2 companies will bring to the table will rival with top tournament/production companies for (I'm assuming a fraction of the cost).

Yes, we all know a majority of Halo players are east coast because how potent that area of the map is in terms of Halo talent and also just the overall geography. But Vegas is one of the cheapest places to fly in and the hotels are extremely reasonable based on where the location of the tournament is. 

My problem is the players need to sack up and head to these events - save up just like myself and other players before them did. Get a second job, do whatever you have to do to make it into the event. Stream, ask for donations, give lessons, bust your ass.

For the players that can't make it to the event, that's why there is online qualifying. Yes, still lots of improvement for upcoming seasons but the growth from MCC to now and even from Summer H5 HCS season to now has been a good step forward. However, if people keep acting like jackasses to people who are in decision making positions at 343/ESL/ESA/PGL, we will do nothing but take steps backward. 

I know TeamBeyond is a great thing for this community and there is a lot of good posts here but the point of this specific post is to let you guys know: think before you just start blurting out your opinion. Make educated posts that these people can go and pass to their teams. Stop using profanity because your frustrated and go out there and support the tournament because that's what is needed to make this community stronger. 

WOW. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I love how we need to specify east coast lans now, that's what we get for assuming 343 didn't need us to tell them where to put the lans.

It's not even like they did one east one west, that would have made too much sense.

No, they did both west coast and then act baffled when people are still upset.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Right, I understand the frustration. But read the bottom of my post. Everyone has to use their best effort and put together EDUCATED posts that 343 or whoever else involved can take the constructive criticism and share that with their co-workers. I get it, this is a forum, we tend to be pretty verbal and flaming isn't very uncommon. However, the people putting in lots of work don't deserve to have all of your frustrations taken out on them. Give them your respect and help out in a positive way. That's all I'm asking. Everyone is titled to your opinion but everyone has a choice of how to get that opinion across.

I agree, you should always show a mutual respect to others.

But thoughtful and constructive posts? lmao how many times to they have to fuck up for you to realise it's gotten to the point where we're juat wasting our time. Most of this thread is just people giving their feedback to things 343 ESL do, but there's so many obvious fuck ups that they're x100 better off asking for our guidance for important decisions instead of watching us crack after the fact.

- Having the important LANs only on the west coast

- Breakout

- Pro League format, run times, and content

- Stasis, and Eden Strongholds

- SAW

- Overtime rules

- a bunch of other shit I can't think of cus I'm at work

Any of us (especially the gold bar peeps :P) could of said that shot wouldn't work from the get go. The shit that's so fucking obvious, that's why people get salty and heated, and sometimes personal. There's zero excuses for that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6