CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Come to Vegas with me in November and there can be plenty of lap-sitting!

If this is who I think it is.... ;) <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

The is all bittersweet news to me. We get Open LAN events and a time-frame for when tickets will be available for these events, but MLG isn't involved, it's strictly west coast and the prize pool is nothing to be thrilled about considering the location of the events.

so are we gonna riot for MLG or what?

pitchfork ready

I think this is one I can get behind. How much more would it be to add one MLG event (in Columbus or Orlando) for example?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Half-step forward is better than the bitter cold expanse of zero dev support.

A half step isnt enough when the interest for Halo are shrinking by the day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo eSports lives in the midwest and east coast.

No offense to eSports Arena and PGL, but 2 west coast events for Halo is just a recipe for low attendance. The data is there to review team counts for past west coast events (MLG) and it was widely common knowledge that west coast events always had probably half of the attendance of a midwest/east coast event.

As a supporter of Halo since 07 and only just now having the resources to go to events... if ANY of these events were ANYWHERE on the East Coast I'd go to them. Maybe head to certain Midwest states. But the West Coast is just too big of a haul to even think of trying to get to one event let alone multiple.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

sometimes i really wonder if 343 really gives a fuck about competitive halo

halo.gg doesn't even have the updated news.........

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After we are done pitchforking for MLG can we find out what the damn prize pool is? 

Ahahahahahahha why would we need to know that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

No offense to eSports Arena and PGL, but 2 west coast events for Halo is just a recipe for low attendance. The data is there to review team counts for past west coast events (MLG) and it was widely common knowledge that west coast events always had probably half of the attendance of a midwest/east coast event.

I mean it even got to the point where if you made pro bracket or got points at lets say a Halo Anaheim event, nobody would take you seriously as a F/A. Better solution would be (1) West and (1) East, and eventually translate into (2) Midwest and East once you figure out the west coast will probably be a bust. 

I was really expecting MLG this time around, especially after their smash hit COD Open event that pulled in hundreds of thousands of viewers. I cant see eSports Arena or PGL bringing the same type of hype and excitement to the table like that. 

I am all about the grass roots, but when we have the choice to go with MLG and bring back the classic Halo open events, host them on the east coast in the Halo eSports capital of the world (Columbus Ohio) - and we pass that up to be in Vegas or Cali with operators with less experience overall, it just seems like a colossally wasted opportunity. 

Yeah, read what Adam wrote. 343 (not everyone, but people making decisions) don't give a shit and act very unprofessionally. 

After we are done pitchforking for MLG can we find out what the damn prize pool is? 

Not sure if serious (prize pool thing, not pitchforking thing). 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just saying, if there were hypothetically a big open LAN in a midwest city (say... STL for example) It would be a great idea to attach HCS points to it and maybe throw a couple grand on top of the prize pool. Hell, even if it's just worth the same as an ESL cup...

@@Vivi

In no way is this statement meant to be derogatory - it is completely generalized and directed to no TO's, in particular, whatsoever

The issue with things like that (from a parent company standpoint) is the lack of quality control possible. During the H2A cycle we had some poorly executed tournaments. Regardless of the name of the TO, the HCS brand (and therefore 343i and MS) is attached and the focal point of those failures to the masses. 

I mean it even got to the point where if you made pro bracket or got points at lets say a Halo Anaheim event, nobody would take you seriously as a F/A. Better solution would be (1) West and (1) East, and eventually translate into (2) Midwest and East once you figure out the west coast will probably be a bust.

I was really expecting MLG this time around, especially after their smash hit COD Open event that pulled in hundreds of thousands of viewers. I cant see eSports Arena or PGL bringing the same type of hype and excitement to the table like that.

I am all about the grass roots, but when we have the choice to go with MLG and bring back the classic Halo open events, host them on the east coast in the Halo eSports capital of the world (Columbus Ohio) - and we pass that up to be in Vegas or Cali with operators with less experience overall, it just seems like a colossally wasted opportunity.

Was that Midnox and Basher that happened to where nobody took them seriously as a F/A cuz they places good at a low attendance event?

Not sure if serious (prize pool thing, not pitchforking thing). 

we know the total figure but people are interested in seeing how it's distributed

i'm 99.9% sure the pay out from last season was never officially announced 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm excited for open LANs but 1 thing that gets annoying is why do they always hosts these LANs on the west coast? If you want the best possible turnout the Lan should be hosted somewhere towards the center of the states. IMO

Was that Midnox and Basher that happened to where nobody took them seriously as a F/A cuz they places good at a low attendance event?

They made it out at Toronto (another event nobody really took seriously if you got like 28-32nd) low attendance due to needing a passport / license or something. Wasnt a full 256 house. 

Only reason I know this is because they dropped me for Zyklan right before the event haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honest question, do you think it has anything to do with Activision Blizzard being the parent company of MLG? Or has that been covered and dismissed already?

@

In no way is this statement meant to be derogatory - it is completely generalized and directed to no TO's, in particular, whatsoever

The issue with things like that (from a parent company standpoint) is the lack of quality control possible. During the H2A cycle we had some poorly executed tournaments. Regardless of the name of the TO, the HCS brand (and therefore 343i and MS) is attached and the focal point of those failures to the masses. 

I get what you're saying but that makes the whole situation even more bizarre. MLG is the GOLD standard when it comes to open events and no one even comes close.

Honest question, do you think it has anything to do with Activision Blizzard being the parent company of MLG? Or has that been covered and dismissed already?

@

MLG is running Gears, and ran Halo earlier this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meanwhile outside ESL/343 studios...

9RrdV7o2kJFy8.gif

Most of us will have to start our march from the midwest/east coast though. 

• Upvote (+1) 7