CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I said all the following on The Pit in the pre-season episode with Ryanoob as well, so this isn't something I'm saying just because they struggled last week, nor is it something I'm saying because they're looking at Stellur:

The problem with Ninja on EG is that you have a lot of overlap with what Roy already brings to a team -- a player whose primary focus is to deal damage.  Both players prioritize dealing damage over their own lives.  It's a great playstyle when everything's clicking on all cylinders, because it helps you get further ahead when you're already ahead (It's the same thing you'd see with Worlds Renegades roster of Ninja+Spartan) -- the issue comes when you're behind and it's harder to work together on targets.  You start getting picked off one by one and none of the targets you're damaging die unless you 5 them.  Ninja has an advantage over Roy in that he goes for power weapons more, while Roy has an advantage over Ninja in that his communication is a lot more consistent and focused on small talk.  But still, both on the same team is one of those "Great when you're ahead, bad when you're behind" situations, as both players have similar mindsets when approaching their playstyle.

I agree with your characterization of Roy + Ninja, but I don't agree that it's trouble to have 2 damage-dealers on a team. I would argue that Snakebite + Frosty and Snipedown + Mikwen are similarly aggressive, massive damage dealers. Even within the "player roles" framework (which I don't really subscribe to), this is the right approach. Then you need an x-factor, workhorse type of player (Lethul, 'Ola) and somebody who is an infuriatingly hard kill (Royal 2, Huke). 

From my perspective, Victory played the Lethul / Ola role, and nobody played the "extremely hard kill" role. Stellur is well known as a hard kill who goes very positive, so he adds something EG needs, but he should be replacing Lunchbox moreso than Victory X. Am I wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love that EU Pro League starts so early in EST very convenient time to watch and no risk of it running ridiculously late like how it can with the NA Pro League

What the EU league lacks in technical difficulties they make up for in ridiculous banter.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Looks like he is talking about Shooter, he clarifys because of a shade teammate and not a shady org on one of the replies.

• Upvote (+1) 7

And so continues the strongholds replay rules favoring the the team with the dropout.

Hey Halo fans,

Earlier this morning the management of Allegiance along with the players of the Halo team have decided to not attend HCS Orange County. Although this hasn’t been publicly announced, Shooter has been traded to Enigma 6 which has left Allegiance without a 4th. The last few days our Halo group has been actively searching for a new player to join our lineup for OC and who could potentially become our official 4th for the pro league. Due to the short period of time between releasing Shooter and the Orange County event, we were unfortunately not able to find the perfect addition to our team. While we understand there are plenty of free agents to pick up, we are concerned about the lack of chemistry that would be formed with limited preparation, and the competitive integrity of the tournament.

We would like to apologize to Allegiance fans, Halo fans and Esports Arena for backing out this close to event time. With all of that said, everyone will still be able to catch the Halo squad in action at UGC St. Louis later this month. Pulling out of events is not a decision to be made lightly - we feel we have an obligation to our friends, fans and family to play in as many events as we possibly can. Without a stable roster, this event just isn’t possible for Allegiance. We thank you for understanding and hope you continue to pledge Allegiance!

So Stellur is officially out of E6 it would seem.  Huh, he we go again...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey Halo fans,

Earlier this morning the management of Allegiance along with the players of the Halo team have decided to not attend HCS Orange County. Although this hasn’t been publicly announced, Shooter has been traded to Enigma 6 which has left Allegiance without a 4th. The last few days our Halo group has been actively searching for a new player to join our lineup for OC and who could potentially become our official 4th for the pro league. Due to the short period of time between releasing Shooter and the Orange County event, we were unfortunately not able to find the perfect addition to our team. While we understand there are plenty of free agents to pick up, we are concerned about the lack of chemistry that would be formed with limited preparation, and the competitive integrity of the tournament.

This is a bummer. I feel bad for ALG, after a rough season they don't even get to compete in the LAN. I hope they get a good 4th. How many teams does this make not going to OC? Half?

In other news, this basically confirms Stellur to EG.  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Stellur is officially out of E6 it would seem.  Huh, he we go again...

just my exact thought. great to have it confirmed :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Shooter to E6

Stellur to EG.

I could see Vic X going to LG to replace El Town.

Is LG even dropping El Town? He's been doing pretty well recently.

So who's left in the pro teams going to OC? I've seen optic and Envy say they are going, anyone else? How will this affect the schedule for the weekend?

I know this is the wrong thread but i need yall help. Got a to3 w a pass foe cali. Does anyone know any good free agents?

Me. :kappa:

Honestly I would rather see a Ninja, Roy, Stellur, with Victory in place of lbx. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is LG even dropping El Town? He's been doing pretty well recently.

I don't know, I'm not a massive fan of him personally. Just because has many have said, you know he's going to flank and if you step up to deal with it, he struggles.

• Upvote (+1) 1