CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its just so infuriating b/c all the lower level players will just corner camp with shottys. and even with no radar, no way it belongs in HCS imo

Ya can be frustrating for sure. Agreed about HCS. I enjoy it as it's own playlist, same way I enjoy swat, btb and infection. I don't think it needs to be forced into competitive

Ya can be frustrating for sure. Agreed about HCS. I enjoy it as it's own playlist, same way I enjoy swat, btb and infection. I don't think it needs to be forced into competitive

yeah, too much luck/connection goes into it whereas other gametypes you respawn & reset

Watching Pistola play in 2010 was a blast. FIS, Roy, Neighbor, etc were all sick but Pistola played perfect Halo.

I watch this video pretty often ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

retirement

Are we even sure that this is happening? If victory and roy were subbing in and out it sounds like there's more moving pieces.

Both neighbor and Hysteria were going off during 2010 after they picked up Totz. FiS was absolutely insane during 2010; he was definitely top 3 one of my favorite players during that time. I think what made it so surprising for me was the fact that before he was on FB, his Instinct squad placed 4th and he was alright. All of a sudden, he just starts going off every event, every game. Hands down, the best sniper during that time as well.

Edit: I don't know why the text came like that, but I'm on my tablet and it likes to mess up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are we even sure that this is happening? If victory and roy were subbing in and out it sounds like there's more moving pieces.

i'm not sure, i have no idea tbh

i think it would be hype and create more story lines though

could be all wrapped up besides the contractual details or it could just be #intel  :kappa:

Tried using search function but no success..

so how do we know VicX is getting dropped/replaced?

didnt see anything on Twitter either

Think Stellur/Ninja/Roy/LBX would be a sick roster..almost too much slaying power like nV

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with Ninja on EG is that you have a lot of overlap with what Roy already brings to a team -- a player whose primary focus is to deal damage.  Both players prioritize dealing damage over their own lives.  It's a great playstyle when everything's clicking on all cylinders, because it helps you get further ahead when you're already ahead (It's the same thing you'd see with Worlds Renegades roster of Ninja+Spartan) -- the issue comes when you're behind and it's harder to work together on targets.  You start getting picked off one by one and none of the targets you're damaging die unless you 5 them.  Ninja has an advantage over Roy in that he goes for power weapons more, while Roy has an advantage over Ninja in that his communication is a lot more consistent and focused on small talk.  But still, both on the same team is one of those "Great when you're ahead, bad when you're behind" situations, as both players have similar mindsets when approaching their playstyle.

I agree with you to an extent. Ninja likes to deal damage, but most importantly, he likes to push the agenda when it comes to objectives where as Roy has no problem pacing himself. For example, If EG were up 2-0 in a flag game, Ninja will play even more aggressive towards the enemies base to finish the game as fast as possible where as Roy would play a bit slower to secure the lead. When it comes to Halo 5, Roy has the CLG/Optic mentality, "if I slay to control spawns, then the objectives will come easy". The problem with EG and with any Ninja team is when to play fast or slow.

Alright I'm curious as to how y'all feel about OpTic's recent performances:

Plus rep if you think it's just them being in a slump (and that therefore they'll start dominating again soon).

Neg rep if you think it has more to do with other teams catching up (and therefore teams like nV are legitimately 'Carbon' and have a fairly high chance of winning Pro League and upcoming LANs).

Edit: whichever you think is more of an influence. Obviously it's a combination of factors but what's the most significant?

FWIW I'd give myself a plus rep. TB seems to suffer a lot from recency bias. I have little doubt they poop on everyone at this weekend's LAN.

The Optic roster aren't in a slump. They finally have a rival in NV that are the biggest contenders for the best team in the game and have a huge fanbase behind them expecting them to produce like they always have. There has got to be some pressure on them to not fail and if they do lose in the Season finals, at least they're still World Champs. Lethul will probably say something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

His stats exploded when they picked up ToTz.

ToTz had that effect on people -- he'd get a lot of people weak, and go -100 for the tournament.

Meanwhile whoever the person everyone labeled the team's "main slayer" was would go +100 something for the tournament.

Or it could be because totz's teams would get way more lan practice and as a result the individual skill of already talented players on the team would skyrocket and the team would have good teamwork rather than some special quality in totz's playing making neighbor go +100

I know this is the wrong thread but i need yall help. Got a to3 w a pass foe cali. Does anyone know any good free agents?

You should ask Coby it seemed like he was looking for a team

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else having problems with Twitch right now? Can't watch any stream both on PC or Xbox.

I was ready for some HCS action :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

The stream is still up for me. I must have tuned in before the issues presented itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, "classic" halo was so slow.... I'm so glad they added sprint in order to speed things up. Smh...

I need my AR and radar brah, where are them ?
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I come back after a few days of moving and there is drama all over the place. 

Beyond, you never disappoint. 

• Upvote (+1) 2