CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Now THAT'S the last straw

Shitty memeis interruptis!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Didn't Neighbor have an absolutely insane 2010 season? I know TD didn't perform incredible that year, but I thought I'd see him mentioned more in the whole end of H3 discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't Neighbor have an absolutely insane 2010 season? I know TD didn't perform incredible that year, but I thought I'd see him mentioned more in the whole end of H3 discussion.

His stats exploded when they picked up ToTz.

ToTz had that effect on people -- he'd get a lot of people weak, and go -100 for the tournament.

Meanwhile whoever the person everyone labeled the team's "main slayer" was would go +100 something for the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just wanna say the new Breakout is triggering

Shotgun starts lol...

It took everything in me to not break my xbox just solo queuing 10 games 

Just wanna say the new Breakout is triggering

Shotgun starts lol...

It took everything in me to not break my xbox just solo queuing 10 games

Honestly I didn't mind it, although I'm one of the few who enjoyed OG breakout also (don't get me wrong hated it for HCS). They just need to take radar out and it would be much better with the shotty starts. With the changes it still doesn't belong in competitive, but every now and then it's a nice change from matching a To4 every other game in arena

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alright I'm curious as to how y'all feel about OpTic's recent performances:

Plus rep if you think it's just them being in a slump (and that therefore they'll start dominating again soon).

Neg rep if you think it has more to do with other teams catching up (and therefore teams like nV are legitimately 'Carbon' and have a fairly high chance of winning Pro League and upcoming LANs).

Edit: whichever you think is more of an influence. Obviously it's a combination of factors but what's the most significant?

FWIW I'd give myself a plus rep. TB seems to suffer a lot from recency bias. I have little doubt they poop on everyone at this weekend's LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Watching FB play in 2010 was a blast. FIS, Roy, Neighbor, etc were all sick but Pistola played perfect Halo.

Pistola was playing perfect Halo but the entire FB team that year was playing just better than everyone in general.

The Wizard tho.....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I look at Stellur taking Victory's spot on EG like this:

Shit is this actually happening ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistola was leagues ahead of people in the way he moved around the map and positioned himself for his team. He was too good in all of H3

People are underrating Ninja at this point. Yes he has his "ninja-esque" games but his playstyle forces the twins to speed up (which IMO is/was their biggest issue). 

Yeah, as a long-time Ninja critic I still agree with this. I'm no professional but it seems like his biggest challenge is just consistency. He played SO well in the series against OpTic (Towey posted his POV to YouTube), but he doesn't always hit that stride. I was hoping that teaming with the old guns Roybox and 2gre and Victory X might help to ground him and develop that consistency, and I still think that could happen. If he could channel their consistency and they could channel his speed, they'd be good to go. 

It has been really nice hearing him speak his mind in scrims, too. Ninja has lots of opinions and he's not at all afraid to contribute to the 'bickering' and take an active role in post-game talk. I think that will help EG out a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I didn't mind it, although I'm one of the few who enjoyed OG breakout also (don't get me wrong hated it for HCS). They just need to take radar out and it would be much better with the shotty starts. With the changes it still doesn't belong in competitive, but every now and then it's a nice change from matching a To4 every other game in arena

Its just so infuriating b/c all the lower level players will just corner camp with shottys. and even with no radar, no way it belongs in HCS imo

Victory is not underrated anymore. You know exactly what you're going to get with him every game. A very solid player, that will rarely be the reason his team loses a game. It's about what EG needs to be a threat on a consistent bases, not who is the better player, Stellur or Victory? Some people think Ninja should have been the one being replaced. With Ninja on EG, his good outweighs the bad imo. Ninja is good for the twins, but he needs to make it his own personal goal to become an even better teammate. That means, stop complaining before a call out, recognize when a teammate is not with you, stop tilting because you are playing bad; elevate your teammate's confidence in you, stop pointing out plays after a game that had little impact in the result of the game; look at the macro reason, and play more Halo 5.

I said all the following on The Pit in the pre-season episode with Ryanoob as well, so this isn't something I'm saying just because they struggled last week, nor is it something I'm saying because they're looking at Stellur:

The problem with Ninja on EG is that you have a lot of overlap with what Roy already brings to a team -- a player whose primary focus is to deal damage.  Both players prioritize dealing damage over their own lives.  It's a great playstyle when everything's clicking on all cylinders, because it helps you get further ahead when you're already ahead (It's the same thing you'd see with Worlds Renegades roster of Ninja+Spartan) -- the issue comes when you're behind and it's harder to work together on targets.  You start getting picked off one by one and none of the targets you're damaging die unless you 5 them.  Ninja has an advantage over Roy in that he goes for power weapons more, while Roy has an advantage over Ninja in that his communication is a lot more consistent and focused on small talk.  But still, both on the same team is one of those "Great when you're ahead, bad when you're behind" situations, as both players have similar mindsets when approaching their playstyle.

• Upvote (+1) 3