CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good guy Ace.

The Money Matches guy is the ultimate douche canoe, but he sure likes paying for Halo players to go do shit, so good on him.

That team will be fun to watch. There's a lot of slaying power there.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Didn't get advertised much this week but there's a The Pit episode going on right now on twitch.tv/tiberiusaudley

Spartan's the guest this week.

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but can we watch these after you guys go offline?

I've tried watching this pro league stuff a couple times but my god, it's terrible.

The actual structure of the league, the casting, the game, the players...it's all ok to great. But the spectator mode just literally does not work.

It's as if when you go to watch football on TV the ball isn't accurately displayed. What is the point of even watching? Why put millions of dollars towards halo esports but present it in an utterly broken way?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Will the E6 Army have a strong presence at Orange County? This kinda decides if I come or not...

you will be taken hostage if you show up, yes

• Upvote (+1) 2

i still think HCS is entertaining despite the horrible spectator mode

maybe they can't fix it  :tear:

They can, they just need to have the reticule movement client side not server side. I'm not going to pretend I know how to do that or how hard it is, but it would be really nice if it was fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i still think HCS is entertaining despite the horrible spectator mode

maybe they can't fix it  :tear:

I may give it another try tonight(is it on tonight?) because honestly the story lines have become juicy as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but can we watch these after you guys go offline?

They SHOULD upload as past broadcasts for me on Twitch, and @@throoper is usually quick to add them to his YouTube channel now.

I may give it another try tonight(is it on tonight?) because honestly the story lines have become juicy as fuck.

eu is tomorrow but this weekend is a lan so look out for that

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm surprised you didn't make one about Che Chou retiring -- but billing it as "Che Chou leaves 343 for important dinner date upon Avengers' Helicarrier" or something.

That's why I'm a struggling comedy writer in LA.   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe this'll just be lost in the noise, or taken poorly by everyone in this thread, but I can no longer put up with watching the official HCS broadcast due to the state of spectator mode.

I find myself not excited for any duel, any battle, any snipe, because I'm not even sure if someone is close to pulling it off. No sense of the player's in-game prowess. Each fight almost comes as a surprise - like "wow, he actually hit that shot?" but simultaneously not even being impressed cause I'm not sure where he was aiming to begin with.

I really tried to give it another go with the increased broadcast quality, better casting duo, and generally tighter ship that ESL is running this season. I wanted myself to get into it as much as I get into LANs, but it fell short once again.

I really hope that the prominent voices or decision makers at 343 see this, and realize the detriment something like this can have. You're losing a long time viewer, obsessive halo fan, and esports lover due to a low quality spectator mode that you decided was "shippable". Plain and simple.

Looks like I am doomed to - once again - follow the scores and the players, but not the broadcasts.

I'd love for spectator to be better. But this season has been absolutely lit, despite the cursor being off in spectator mode.

It really doesn't take much suspension of disbelief to understand where the reticule must have been on the client machine.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG's "scrims" discord channel currently has Roy, LBX, Ninja, and Stellur in it? 

scrims_zpsa3dsddux.pngstellur_zpsvwwclw9f.png

Where the hell would you find that?!

On the other hand good shit finding the  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 5

EG's "scrims" discord channel currently has Roy, LBX, Ninja, and Stellur in it? 

scrims_zpsa3dsddux.pngstellur_zpsvwwclw9f.png

As a mod in his discord.  Can confirm.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We've seen this been teased so many times before. There are so many better, more practiced, more up to date with the meta players out there. That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a glimmer of excitement every time Enable hints at making a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well that's one team I definitely didn't see making a change. 

Explains why they aren't going to Orange County...

but Vic X was playing so well! Ugghhhh 

#FreeVictory