CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These are just fun for me because I write comedy and these are subjects I could never write for anything else.  Just 5 minute idea generation exercises, really.  Satire is hit or miss.  If one person enjoys it that's good enough for me.  

I'm surprised you didn't make one about Che Chou retiring -- but billing it as "Che Chou leaves 343 for important dinner date upon Avengers' Helicarrier" or something.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not really fair to put all of the community of r/Halo as stupid just because of one person.

OF COURSE YOU CAN'T

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

Good but not as good as those before. I find the idea of treating servers as real persons too off for that story and all the little jokes to work.

There's a reason MLG only held one or two west coast tourneys a year. Majority were always east coast or midwest.

Even the west coast events didn't run this late, with the 100 or so teams that actually went to the event.

Even the west coast events didn't run this late, with the 100 or so teams that actually went to the event.

Trying to remember them but I think I remember Anaheim 09 going to a decent time East Coast, probably ended around 10pm or so though, and it was an epic 11 game series from TD and Str8.

As a spectator I actually liked the west coast events better than the midwest ones because if I wasn't going to attend anyway then a West Coast event meant a later start, usually around noon on Champ Sunday, as opposed to Orlando which I never went to but always had like an 8:30am start. 

The best comment on that thread was this gem, "God you're the reason r/Halo gets made fun of by the competitive community"

I do wish pro gameplay/discussions/clips/vids got more upvotes on r/Halo though. It seems to be where 343 focuses a lot of their community interaction. This is a good clip though and at 800 900+ up arrows now.

By a guy named "DonnyPunani" no less lmao

Good but not as good as those before. I find the idea of treating servers as real persons too off for that story and all the little jokes to work.

If I knew you guys were going to critique these I would edit them and do punch up.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sort of off topic but just wanted to share, not sure if been posted before.

This guy COG Connected has a series of videos looking back in detail on each Halo up to ODST.

Really interesting and detailed stuff talking about the games development, problems, differences and how it holds up by todays standards. Really well put together, the dude deserves more views and subs.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3sCbz8H9fqU"

(how do I embed?)

Also, just got on that sweet sweet premium. :simms: :simms: :simms: :simms: :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

jesus christ

rip viewership

Yeah I had to stop watching ESL One NYC when the grand finals started 10:30 EST and of course I missed a lit series. Blame ESL? :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any chance we could get an OC thread going? Seems weird to have an UGC one when it's not official HCS and is further away @@CyReN

Apologies if this has been addressed before. 

Leaves E4 much weaker, unless they get BabyJ or another big slayer. They also lost Renegade to LOL which sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not that this makes it any better, but don't most people have Monday off for Columbus Day?

I don't think we celebrate Columbus Day anymore than other cities. I know that I've never had any days off for it, at least.

Any chance we could get an OC thread going? Seems weird to have an UGC one when it's not official HCS and is further away @@CyReN

Apologies if this has been addressed before. 

Leaves E4 much weaker, unless they get BabyJ or another big slayer. They also lost Renegade to LOL which sucks. 

UGC isn't apart of the HCS, would seem weird to put that in here with it.

We are keeping all PGL / Esports Arena stuff in here, since it's part of the HCS season.