CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're right, sometimes kills fall a certain way due to chance, circumstances, etc.

In this scenario, the kills all fell his way because he was better than all of you

Thanks man, thought I would have to say it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I remember somebody in Reach at a tournament got stuck inside the top of the tri lift, couldnt nade himself out of it or anything. Had to give up a free kill lmao

He might have been referring to Nationals 09.

He might have been referring to Nationals 09.

and I'm just talking about a very similar issue that has happened at a tournament :)

Anyone else notice how one side all the maps were last night in the nV Optic scrim. The maps nV won, they steam rolled Optic, the maps that Optic won, they steam rolled nV.

I know we have a week break in the NA pro league but is the same true for the EU league? 

Also does anyone know who will be streaming the LAN at the end of this week?

I was wondering this about the EU League as well. They started late so I would believe they don't? Idk. Hopefully they don't tbh I'd like to watch some matches. 

It would seem very odd to have a break after 1 week of play but stranger things have happened.

According to ESL http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/matches/#?matchday=2 the EU league matches are scheduled for this week, although i have found that site to be a little unreliable at times.

Also i didnt realise the break from the NA league was 2 weeks?  Things were just heating up as well.

Hey folks. EU Pro League break isn't until the end of the month.

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/matches/#?matchday=2

The schedule has already been updated to reflect this, too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This r/halo in a nutshell

On snip3down's killtac against Optic

xwqU2pa.png

To be fair though, the post itself has 600+ upvotes

• Upvote (+1) 7

also, to be fair, while I probably couldn't even get a double kill against Optic, each of the kills in that killtac weren't THAT impressive.  Snipedown is ridiculous and probably could have gotten that clip in H3, where sniper headshots aren't handed out like candy, but this clip doesn't really show the extent of his skill imo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

also, to be fair, while I probably couldn't even get a double kill against Optic, each of the kills in that killtac weren't THAT impressive. Snipedown is ridiculous and probably could have gotten that clip in H3, where sniper headshots aren't handed out like candy, but this clip doesn't really show the extent of his skill imo

That couldn't be made in h3 becasue the respawn timers were 10 secs and you didn't the ridiculous amount of time betwen kills in a multikill that you have in h5.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hysterical. I like how his Spartan was shaking at the times he was freaking out too. Danoxide is like tweek from South park

thats the part that had me dying lmfao

Fucking hilarious reaction, fucking messed up that that can happen in a game. I'm assuming that was mm, but imagine it happened in actual Pro League games. WTF

yea it would be dumb because itd probably be played out

Stasis Flag should be disabled until that bug is fixed.

That way red team actually gets a veto again. :^)

hotfix plox bungie

Not to mention the post is at like -50 downvotes and someone replied saying he has down syndrome. I think we can chill on making fun of r/halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not to mention the post is at like -50 downvotes and someone replied saying he has down syndrome. I think we can chill on making fun of r/halo.

Those comments are extremely common when people post pro clips on /r/leagueoflegends as well -- typical Bronze/Silver Dunning-Kruger kids who see the play and think it's easy to do exactly what they did.  Same people who have no idea how map pressure works in-game and lose games chasing kills and cry about how they can't carry their shitter teammates.

The best comment on that thread was this gem, "God you're the reason r/Halo gets made fun of by the competitive community"

I do wish pro gameplay/discussions/clips/vids got more upvotes on r/Halo though. It seems to be where 343 focuses a lot of their community interaction. This is a good clip though and at 800 900+ up arrows now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just failed my first post on r/halo so i think thats enough to never go back. :beyond: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone explain to me how Tapping Buttons isn't being looked at to be in Pro League? Seriously. He just carried his team to a 8-2 victory in scrims against e4 with a KD of 1.5+ and all of his teammates went negative.

Doesn't he live in Mexico or south america? I thought pro league was just the US and Canada?

I do wish pro gameplay/discussions/clips/vids got more upvotes on r/Halo though. It seems to be where 343 focuses a lot of their community interaction. This is a good clip though and at 800+ up arrows now.

I think a lot of the reason is that most of the pro content on their gets posted as xboxclips/youtube etc whereas as lot of the highly upvoted content is via GIFs. Take this post for example. It ended up with 800+ upvotes. If it was a youtube video or an Xboxdvr clip it would have gotten half as many.

Obviously a lot of pro content does not work well in GIF form as it is longer, but clips like this or some of the crazy Frosty plays work well as GIfs but instead are posted as videos, which not as many people click

I actually specifically went to r/halo to look for this clip hoping it was in GIF form because Twitch/youtube/xbox DVR are all blocked at work but I can easily watch GIFs.

Moral of the story is that if you want to see more pro content on r/halo, submit it in GIF form. I have no idea how to convert to GIF and I'm guessing it might be a pain in the ass, but GIFs are where the upvotes lie 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else notice how one side all the maps were last night in the nV Optic scrim. The maps nV won, they steam rolled Optic, the maps that Optic won, they steam rolled nV.

Not to make excuses and this may not be the case last night, but I guess pros uses scrims more than just to play matches.  They hopefully test out game situations like playing from behind or purposely giving up map/weapon control to try to get it back.

The best comment on that thread was this gem, "God you're the reason r/Halo gets made fun of by the competitive community"

I do wish pro gameplay/discussions/clips/vids got more upvotes on r/Halo though. It seems to be where 343 focuses a lot of their community interaction. This is a good clip though and at 800+ up arrows now.

It's on r/gaming too so pretty much everyone except that one guy enjoys a good tac clip.

• Upvote (+1) 2