CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thats fine and all, but you should probably note that he's specifically talking about broadcasting Halo. 

which is a part of running the event...

which is a part of running the event...

yes, but in the grand scheme of things...its only one minor portion of a very very large puzzle.

Thats like saying "The catering is more affordable in 2016 than 2008...so running an event is more affordable"

Yes the broadcasting is significantly cheaper than it was in 2008, but saying the cost of running events is down is misguided point. Its still a very, VERY costly venture. My point is, sure cost of broadcasting might have gone done, but you phrased your OP as "events are much much much cheaper" which is wrong. Broadcasting might be, but events themselves are not. Big puzzle, not puzzle piece.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yes, but in the grand scheme of things...its only one minor portion of a very very large puzzle.

Thats like saying "The catering is more affordable in 2016 than 2008...so running an event is more affordable"

My point is, yes the broadcasting is significantly cheaper than it was in 2008, but saying the cost of running events is down is misguided point. Its stilla very, VERY costly venture.

it's much much much cheaper to run an event now vs ten years ago

that's a stone cold fact, stop thinking about huge venues and etc

you're missing the point

tables and chairs haven't gotten exponentially more expensive in the last ten years

there are 10000 weekly local smash tournies broadcast and ran on twitch every week, that wasn't the case ten years ago

Source: I organize events.

we are all aware

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am going to be very disappointed if pro teams don't go to these LANs. Its a good way to lose LAN support for Halo. Companies like UGC and PGL need a good turn out in order to keep going and having LANs. If pro teams don't show up then they are killing growth for the scene. 

Exactly. Pros need to think long term. For one thing these LANs are good practice for finals where there will be much more money on the line. And more pro teams = more viewers, more viewers = more organizers want to have open LANs and  support competitive Halo. 

So if they want the competitive scene to survive between Worlds 2k17 and Halo 6, then they need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's a stone cold fact, stop thinking about huge venues and etc

you're missing the point

tables and chairs haven't gotten exponentially more expensive in the last ten years

there are 10000 weekly local smash tournies broadcast and ran on twitch every week, that wasn't the case ten years ago

we are all aware

No need to be sassy because we disagree brother, we're just talking. 

How can you argue the cost of an event then tell me to disregard a major factor of cost in running an event?

You seriously cannot try to compare local smash tournaments to major events that MLG organizes and runs. As I said in my initial post, apples to oranges. Of course small, local, mom and pop style events are going to be more affordable. Thats not even a discussion worth having.

If you want to argue about smash, your argument should not be "events have gotten cheaper to run" it should be "Broadcasting is more accessible to the masses". If you want to argue about organizing events, then your argument is wrong apart from the broadcasting portion being more affordable, which I agreed with you.

do you think i think MLG spends less on their events now than in 2006? no, that's ridiculous 

regardless of what game it is, it's cheaper to run an event now than ten years ago

however halo ironically is harder to run grass root events now cause no split screen and no lan

god can it be 7 already, i just want to harass lethul

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My mistake, Lifestyle and Dastroyed are the other 2 (than Boam/Nem).

Yiws is on LU Gaming with Tizoxic, Gabriel, and Cpt Anarchy.

Yiws WAS on CSS last week, but was replaced by Lifestyle this week.

Honestly shockey that anyone could ever team with Lifestyle after what he pulled in the LCQ. Still a dirt bag in my book.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly shockey that anyone could ever team with Lifestyle after what he pulled in the LCQ. Still a dirt bag in my book.

What did he do? I was always under the impression he had family stuff

What did he do? I was always under the impression he had family stuff

He ghosted hard for weeks, then came out with an "explanation" that was super vague and obvious baloney. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm kind of torn about the Stellur situation. Part of me likes that they saw that the team obviously worked and that they're trying to make a go of it. People give up too easily on teammates in this game. It often breaks up what could have been a great team, and t makes it genuinely hard for new viewers to root for a team. But the other part of me is frustrated that E6 and Cratos are getting away with their shennanigans to a certain extent. i know they and Stellur have probably patched things up behind the scenes, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that the shadiness didn't happen in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people already commented but i guess i'll pitch in. Autopsy and other stuff is done to determine how someone died. Transportation from place of death to the mortician. Preparing of body/gross stuff. Buying a plot of land, excavation, general funeral services, caskets are expensive as balls, tombstone plus engraving (You're not going to have your wife look like she died in poverty compared to the girl buried next to her.) Floral arrangements, body transportation to the cemetery.

Usually not an issue for people in decent career paths. Most employers offer a super cheap 20-50k life insurance policy for something like .06 per 1k of coverage. The price goes up because there is more or less a "need" for all of this. Cremation is a solid option which eliminated pretty much everything but tombstone/land. 

Maybe the vikings had it right. Sacrifice one longboat and set it on fire while you are pushed towards Valhalla. Might be a solid business opportunity. 

Just launch my body off the man cannon and Spartan Laser it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Suddoth is playing Trials of Osiris. I approve. 

Watching Mikwen and little Mikwen making quick work of the shotgun rushers with Mida/Snipe this weekend was a thing of beauty. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright everyone - Do you think its possible that  Ogre 2 could Win a National Championship in H5 if he really wanted it?

..... yes, but only if he teams with Zyos and Saiyan

• Upvote (+1) 2

So that AMA was awesome. I think an hour is plenty of time as long as it is advertised ahead of time. It worked out well for me this week and hope to be around for the next one. The only issue I see is getting someone to top Lethuls' AMA.

:beyond:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 4

So that AMA was awesome. I think an hour is plenty of time as long as it is advertised ahead of time. It worked out well for me this week and hope to be around for the next one. The only issue I see is getting someone to top Lethuls' AMA.

:beyond::fire:

It'd be cool if they could get one from each team. Focus on different aspects too. nV could be snip3down due to leaving EG, LoL could be Renegade to introduce him, e6 who the hell knows, etc

Edit: Cratos AMA confirmed from Saucey :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Mikwen and little Mikwen making quick work of the shotgun rushers with Mida/Snipe this weekend was a thing of beauty. 

Do they do carries?  :kappa:

The next one should uh... ruffle a few feathers  :simms:

If Cratos, just go ahead and ban us all now...kthx.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a question, I think I know the answer but I would like to make sure.

Would you guys, as a community and an AM perspective, rather see 1 open event with a 50/60/70k prize pool or 2 with like 20/25. I guess 3 if you count UGC? But that one really isn't the same.

Also keep in mind there would be a season finals still for pro league in this scenario.

• Upvote (+1) 3