CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Extremely tragic. I saw a pic of the car and she's lucky to be alive too.

One thing I don't understand is if he did indeed pass 15 minutes ago, why is her first thought wow I should make a video and post it on Twitter?

Shock? Or is this just a result of the day and age we live in?

Looks like she is literally still in the fucking hospital

Might be a bad question but can u show the picture of the car?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Might be a bad question but can u show the picture of the car?

She tweeted it earlier, its also all over the cod subreddits.

They could have easily taken 500k away from the HWC prize pool and distributed it throughout the year and have had 4 100-150k events. Not sure anyone would have complained about that. (Honestly I probably would have taken a million of that money and redistributed it, but that's just me)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently Phizzurp was the DD, for anyone who cares. From the gofundme .

OT: I'm enjoying the Challenger's Cups much more this season, I barely even wanted to last season and would usually end up turning it off. Much more enjoyable now.

They could have easily taken 500k away from the HWC prize pool and distributed it throughout the year and have had 4 100-150k events. Not sure anyone would have complained about that. (Honestly I probably would have taken a million of that money and redistributed it, but that's just me)

Not saying i wouldn't like it, but you forgot about those lan expenses. That's like another tens of thousands for every event you have to pay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope next week you guys are gong to wait until after the LAN is over before publishing the power rankings.

This is the plan!

This is the plan!

Make sure you set aside another five hours for the raid.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Chatt Shade Squad defeat 3sUp for the second time tonight to take their first Open Cup W.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Chatt Shade Squad defeat 3sUp for the second time tonight to take their first Open Cup W.

Was this a hard post to make?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not saying i wouldn't like it, but you forgot about those lan expenses. That's like another tens of thousands for every event you have to pay.

That's why I said 100-150k. Also isn't that the point of the event organizers? They make running the event easier/cheaper? (I could be wrong). It's really the fact that it would have been very possible if they wanted to. Using the 2.5 mil all at once just feels like a waste me me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

One thing I don't understand is if he did indeed pass 15 minutes ago, why is her first thought wow I should make a video and post it on Twitter?

I'd say a bit of both. I can't imagine what I would do or how I would cope with getting in a car accident where I'm the only one conscious and two people died, one of them being my s/o in my own arms.

It might be a little irrational or our of character. Either way it looks like in less than a day, 15k has been raised for his funeral costs, so a lot of people seemed to care.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What the actual fuck Pro Teams? So 3/8 teams aren't going after everyone has been asking for more LANs and getting frustrated with online Halo...

I don't understand, aside from LOL's case.

naded could have got his first LAN win :(

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just want to point out that roster change period is happening, so if teams are having issues I wouldn't expect them to go. I am by no means complaining when I say this, but it's expensive for orgs to send teams to these events when the prize pool is so low. No matter what % is taken, the cost will outweigh the return for orgs. Although not every team will be there, should still be a fun event and a mid season LAN will keep hype around.

I wish we didnt had "orgs". We should stop pushing for LANs since "pros" cant make it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Just want to point out that roster change period is happening, so if teams are having issues I wouldn't expect them to go. I am by no means complaining when I say this, but it's expensive for orgs to send teams to these events when the prize pool is so low. No matter what % is taken, the cost will outweigh the return for orgs. Although not every team will be there, should still be a fun event and a mid season LAN will keep hype around.

Fair point with the roster change period, and I understand from ESL's point of view it must be difficult to balance everything. However, why is the roster change period open during the LAN? Surely it would have made more sense to either open it and close it before the event, or open it afterwards?

Everybody would be like that doesn't count anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Extremely tragic. I saw a pic of the car and she's lucky to be alive too.

It's a sign of the times. People record and broadcast everything. I just watched a video on Facebook where a guy narrowly escaped a bear attack. He had some gruesome injuries, but was sure to make a short video about it before getting medical attention.

Good points, it probably would make a lot of sense to have an open LAN before roster lock. I think a Midwest LAN would be the best way to kick off the season.

Doesn't he live close? He should still go. Maybe team with str8 sick for it.

It's a sign of the times. People record and broadcast everything. I just watched a video on Facebook where a guy narrowly escaped a bear attack. He had some gruesome injuries, but was sure to make a short video about it before getting medical.

Setting up 15k funeral fundraiser couple of hours after he died and changing it to 20k just before they hit the 15...that is also sign of the time ? You can argue it can help the family but still, It's just wrong to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1