CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LOL being ranked over EG is nonsense. Complete nonsense.

Agreed, good teamwork means high assist totals which means less perfect kills. Accuracy is a much better indicator but even that doesn't paint the full picture. Viewership is the only true way to tell.

eh not really. People say "teamwork" but every team is still getting into 1v1 battles. Accuracy is skewed by pre-shooting and auto spamming

• Downvote (-1) 12

I mean CoD does it, and you're simply missing out on some amazing matches. Imagine if Liquid from season 1 got to play in the actual tournament, they would've been giving those top 4 teams a run for their money. Not to mention this game is broken and continuously gets worse in terms of online play. There are players who exceed on LAN and players who can only play their best in the comfortability of their home in their DXRacer. Not everyone has the opportunity to have amazing internet and to sit next to each other at a team house all season. You're just creating more stress for the players each and every week that is completely unnecessary. Plus you're going to tell me it's more logical for players to play in a league just to keep their spot rather than them wanting to get the best seed in the end so they can win the big tournament...? And I'm sure it couldn't be THAT difficult to add another day to tournaments considering how fast games tend to go and how much downtime there is + finals isn't even until december. In my head this seems very logical and 100% should've been implemented this season, not a random month long break after week three. Sorry if this is harsh, I'm just very upset that competitive halo is now being forced to rely on online only performances and we're only taking steps backwards.

quality post. honestly, i really like the idea of finals being relegation followed by the remaining 8 teams playing for the top. the underdog stories would be great and the whole event would be so much more interesting and fun to watch.

I don't really see the appeal in teams playing for an entire season simply for seeds. It's like sending all NBA or NFL teams to playoffs.

I mean the NBA has 16 teams in the playoffs. not to say there should be more teams in pro league, but just that a 4 team tournament is super lame and it's not like those leagues are doing that either. imo the am circuit/relegated teams not making the cut would be fair enough already. pro league being simply for seeds and regular season prize money seems fine to me, it's worth it over the alternative.

if you're one of the top 8 halo teams, you should be playing at the event. we were doing this years ago, it doesn't seem that complicated.

I must have missed the last tournament you hosted? I'll gladly drop by to learn. DM me for date and location. :)

gotta love when long constructive posts get ignored but a troll gets an instant reply. kind of makes it hard to be surprised when people act negative
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I thought they were weekly power rankings not overall.

They are updated weekly- since the most recent matches provide more insight.

But you don't just consider the events of the week, you consider EVERYTHING.

Well us going would require us to have a set 4th, and we are currently 85% with Renegade. Our only other option is StelluR but that is very, very slim. We also don't want to rush into signing a contract just to attend OC since a couple other options for orgs opened up. It's unfortunate but we should be able to figure everything out soon enough. There's still a chance we attend so hopefully we know by the end of today (Sunday).

Love the transparency! Great stuff, aPG!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Don't know anything about EUnited. But not a massive fan of the name or Logo. I'm now hoping for Rise!

There my team in Cod

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't tell you how happy I am that I got to draw that red X over the picture of Che that's been hanging above my bed since April using my favorite shade of lipstick.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't tell you how happy I am that I got to draw that red X over the picture of Che that's been hanging above my bed since April using my favorite shade of lipstick.

Looking at the responses to his announcement from pros that dealt directly with Che, they seemed to like the guy and the work he did.

Looking at the responses to his announcement from pros that dealt directly with Che, they seemed to like the guy and the work he did.

Shills.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idk about 10k, but the 2k prize difference between 1st and 2nd is way too small.

Agreed

A little OT but this is an AMAZING feature, we who stream all need to club together (players and streamers) and get the /Halo channel on our auto host list. Seems like an easy way to help build the viewership of not only the pro league but Halo as a whole!

https://blog.twitch.tv/grow-your-community-with-auto-hosting-e80c1460f6e1#.ntjrgan99

I've set mine up, I'll add more over time :)

I love this! Ive been waiting for them to make this an option. You're at the top of my list.  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

First place should get at least 10k. I don't care if it doesn't make sense logistically, a team WINNING an esports event in 2016 taking home a check under 5 figures will be laughed at.

Tg7vaLn.jpg

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 8

the thing that sucks about that is people attribute all of GWTW's gross to the year it came out, rather than when they actually made the money. The movie didnt make it's money in 1939. If it were counted accurately, it wouldnt be close to the top

GWTW's gross is so high because it was in theaters for like 230 weeks (rereleases over and over) and theaters were literally the only places that had air conditioning

... GMM top 1

So che is out and he gets a lot of creds for all the things he has done to the competitive Halo. Is that true or just a nice thing you say to someone quitting their job?

I mean, if you are a paid employee with a really big budget you will do stuff. That is the nature of being an employee. But if you want to measure how good the person were at their job you have to look at the facts. So with the 343s and Ches resources can anyone say that HCS have been a success in any way? It seems to me that the interest and the number of viewers and the quality of HCS (everything from settings, maps, etc) is not at all better, one year later. If that is true, maybe Che have done pretty bad things to competitive Halo?

I have not met Che and he is probably an awesome dude...I am just trying to understand all the cred he is receiving for supporting the Halo scene, as a paid and professional employee.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Tg7vaLn.jpg

:apg:

People weren't even laughing at Halo back then because hardly anyone knew it was still being played competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's a short video, but SeptiQ has some highlights up, and they're what I expected from SeptiQ.

edit: @CyReN woah.... what? That's awful....

• Upvote (+1) 3

RIP PHIZZURP

I still can't believe it. He was one of CoD competitive's biggest personalities in its early stages. Sad day for the CoD community and a devastating day for his family. Prayers out to them.