CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

eu rosters have already been locked, they were suppose to announce today lol

not a big deal, obviously, cause who cares about eu?  :simms:  :kappa:  :mj:

It's Midnight in England. Maybe they wanted to wait for people to be awake in the EU.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3 sniper is by far my favorite sniper. I do think, however, that no scoping in h3 is easier than in h2a and h5. I also think scoped shooting is easier in h2a and h5 compared to h3. I personally think the h5 sniper could do with less magnetism, but overall I think the sniper plays just fine in h5. The real skill in using any sniper is more about positioning ie. shooting people that aren't looking at you, and less about aiming. Good aim should be a considerable factor for a sniper rifle, but again I think the sniper in h5 plays just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Here's an update on the fresh content coming to the Team Beyond YouTube channel next month. A nifty GIF and more information inside the spoiler button below.

This layout will be used for gameplay commentaries on HCS Pro League scrimmages. I don't have a name for the show yet, but I have a couple ideas in mind. The goal is to provide the most entertaining gameplay Halo has to offer by editing an entire series into a digestible video. I understand that some of you in the Halo community want to be more engaged with the HCS. Hopefully this will provide a new way to for you guys to watch your favorite players and teams compete in between the weekly matches this season.

By being able to change PoVs and provide extra information to the viewer, there will always be something interesting to watch or learn. Keep in mind that the GIF below is just one component of what I have in mind. Instant replays, map overviews, post game analysis, and much more are in the works for this project. A lot of these things I've teased in previous episodes of Beyond Rewind and Quick Tips so they shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

I've only been using Photoshop for two days now, but I'm very happy with this layout. There's plenty more I want to add, but I hope to get the whole project ready to go before the HCS Fall Season begins.

BrFqOpU.gif

Here's a list of updates since the last time I posted:
  • Added glowing gamertags for whoever I'm on board with.
  • Team logos have been updated. I currently have 11 different teams.
  • Added the ability to swap any HCS team to any team color seamlessly.
  • Added the ability to do much more with the bottom panel.
At the moment, the bottom panel is very flexible and can:
  • Display tips, tricks, and miscellaneous information.
  • Display map, gametype, and series score.
  • Display multiple PoVs, up to 3 total PoVs at once.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :intensifies: 

Can you do a mini map tracking player movement so while you're explaining "lethul does this while frosty and snakebite push here and kill this guy" we can see them moving for an objective/collapsing on enemy spawns? Maybe in the bottom panel if you can?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe I just saw someone say the H3 sniper is as easy as H5. Jesus christ...

I know it happened once a few months ago. I'm not sure if it happened today or what...

Can you do a mini map tracking player movement so while you're explaining "lethul does this while frosty and snakebite push here and kill this guy" we can see them moving for an objective/collapsing on enemy spawns? Maybe in the bottom panel if you can?

Yep! This is something I learned about 2 weeks ago. I can either have this effect be a part of a replay that takes up the entire screen before going back to the "live" gameplay OR implement the same effect into the bottom panel as it's happening "live".

• Upvote (+1) 6

Here's an update on the fresh content coming to the Team Beyond YouTube channel next month. A nifty GIF and more information inside the spoiler button below.

This layout will be used for gameplay commentaries on HCS Pro League scrimmages. I don't have a name for the show yet, but I have a couple ideas in mind. The goal is to provide the most entertaining gameplay Halo has to offer by editing an entire series into a digestible video. I understand that some of you in the Halo community want to be more engaged with the HCS. Hopefully this will provide a new way to for you guys to watch your favorite players and teams compete in between the weekly matches this season.

By being able to change PoVs and provide extra information to the viewer, there will always be something interesting to watch or learn. Keep in mind that the GIF below is just one component of what I have in mind. Instant replays, map overviews, post game analysis, and much more are in the works for this project. A lot of these things I've teased in previous episodes of Beyond Rewind and Quick Tips so they shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

I've only been using Photoshop for two days now, but I'm very happy with this layout. There's plenty more I want to add, but I hope to get the whole project ready to go before the HCS Fall Season begins.

BrFqOpU.gif

Here's a list of updates since the last time I posted:
  • Added glowing gamertags for whoever I'm on board with.
  • Team logos have been updated. I currently have 11 different teams.
  • Added the ability to swap any HCS team to any team color seamlessly.
  • Added the ability to do much more with the bottom panel.
At the moment, the bottom panel is very flexible and can:
  • Display tips, tricks, and miscellaneous information.
  • Display map, gametype, and series score.
  • Display multiple PoVs, up to 3 total PoVs at once.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :intensifies: 

This looks awesome! Very much looking forward to seeing it in action. :) 

Halo 3 was only hard to snipe because of the connection

Was this on mcc?

I remember bloodshots being common in h3.  Regardless, it's funny seeing someone say sniping in h5 is harder. 

In h3 it felt good to get a no scope.  In h5 it's just disappointing if you don't get one.  

A couple pages back.

Some things only need to happen once. I'm sorry you had to see that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was this on mcc?

I remember bloodshots being common in h3.  Regardless, it's funny seeing someone say sniping in h5 is harder. 

In h3 it felt good to get a no scope.  In h5 it's just disappointing if you don't get one.  

Nah it was on xb360

Was this on mcc?

The blue bar in the time part doesn't actually work on MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:wutface:

It's not a bad idea. I mean we could see what Beyonder is good with a sniper and what Beyonder is not. 

Not like I asked for an Assault only tourney on Riptide...

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's Midnight in England.

obviously

Maybe they wanted to wait for people to be awake in the EU.

tomorrow morning would be the 25th

• Downvote (-1) 3

H3A is not happening.  If they want to do another Halo title before H6, it should be a 100% corrected MCC that then goes Free to Play.

Halo has generally been a 3 year release cycle, so 2018 would be the original plan anyway.

Hopefully 343 doesn't feel pressured by the shorter release of other AAA games (*cough* CoD) and feel the need to rush H6. I'd like to see them use the entire 3 year cycle to fix MCC (improbable, I know) and continue to push Halo 5 to be the best that it can possibly be. It's the most balanced/competitive Halo we've had in years with the most expansive Forge mode to boot...and I feel like the "Mercy" reveal just proves how much untapped potential this game still has. 

@@CyReN $500 ASTRO Spartan 1v1 Octagon tournament? 

the winner would just be whoever can go the longest without killing themselves.

I can't believe I just saw someone say the H3 sniper is as easy as H5. Jesus christ...

If anything, it's much easier. Keepo

Man....Cloud sure seems to be on Maniac and Optic's hook. I swear this is like the third time he's been in a position to get a roster spot with them and it doesn't happen. He even coached them! 

Anyways, anyone know if roster lock is at a certain time? Like, I know it's on the 25th, but is that like as soon as it's 12:01 am on the 25th rosters are locked? Or like as soon as 11:59 pm on the 25th rosters are locked?