CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If some people on this forum got their way every halo from here on out would just be halo 3 with better graphics. We can't all be happy with every single thing about the game.

Disagree. A lot may seem like bitching but I think everyone here just wants the best and most competitive Halo experience possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You pretty much nailed the difference between the two games. Outside of game-to-game or patch-to-patch changes utility in CS (flashes, smokes, nades) drives innovation.

3-youre-a-pussy.gif

No more breakfast with Walt Jr. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Go try the h1 or h3 sniper and compare to h5. Especially no scoping.

H1 aiming in general was much harder than any other Halo game. Sniping in H3 is actually pretty easy. Player speed is so slow you don't really need to aim.

This, go back to h3 and i need a couple of days to hit a headshot. Mainly because is projectile base and has low bullet magnetism.

Nah it's just because H3 is shit

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 5

H1 aiming in general was much harder than any other Halo game. Sniping in H3 is actually pretty easy. Player speed is so slow you don't really need to aim.

If you think H3 and H5 sniping are even close in ease of use you are just wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Hey guys, long time lurker just made an account.

I live here in california (really close to esports arena actually) and this will be my first event i'll be attending! Been playing Halo since CE (didn't know about anything competitive until after halo 3 hahaha not that I was good enough to compete).

I think its pretty cool that its out here, I may have one of my friends to go the event with me and enter as a team (if he can). If not and anyone else here wants to play some games (matchmaking, maybe team?) and doesn't have any delusions of grandeur that we would go on to beat the pro teams at the event I would really like to play. Maybe get better im usually a solo queue onyx 1600+ (never made it past 1850 or so).

Send me a message or add! GT: Visualdaddy O

I'm not near my xbox right now, but I also live less than an hour away and might be down to get stomped on Saturday. I work full time and go to school at night so not like I'm going to have time to practice or anything, but I'm Onyx 2000 with mostly solo queuing 

Add me and send me a message Dankgravy TRICK

So you are telling me that i missed shots because of the game ? Not because i was bad ? . all of this years i have been living a lie.

Sniping in H3 is actually pretty easy.

I disagree with this, but maybe I was just way worse at Halo than I thought.  (don't look up my bungie stats pls)

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you think H3 and H5 sniping are even close in ease of use you are just wrong.

And why am I wrong? 

So you are telling me that i missed shots because of the game ? Not because i was bad ? . all of this years i have been living a lie.

Well you said that you're a bad sniper so that's probably the reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And why am I wrong?

Well you said that you're a bad sniper so that's probably the reason.

Good God you aren't really telling me that you don't see how easy the H5 sniper is are you? You can do a magnetism test right now and that's one way you could see the difference.

Good God you aren't really telling me that you don't see how easy the H5 sniper is are you? You can do a magnetism test right now and that's one way you could see the difference.

Movement in H5 is much faster and more dynamic. There are a lot more ways to avoid being sniped. In H3 you move so slow it's easier to land shots. The only thing about the H5 sniper that is much easier is headshots. H3 headshot hitboxes were fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Movement in H5 is much faster and more dynamic. There are a lot more ways to avoid being sniped. In H3 you move so slow it's easier to land shots. The only thing about the H5 sniper that is much easier is headshots. H3 headshot hitboxes were fucked.

How were H3 headshot hitboxes fucked? In H5 you snipe people in the back and you can get headshots. The movement options don't really mean anything since the person you are aiming at can't fire at you while doing it. Plus you tend to snipe people that aren't always looking right at you (hopefully at least). And H5 movement speed is also slow unless they are actively using abilities which you can't do all the time. Plus, again, the magnetism negates and speed H5 has. It is still insanely easy to snipe a full sprint target.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How were H3 headshot hitboxes fucked? In H5 you snipe people in the back and you can get headshots. The movement options don't really mean anything since the person you are aiming at can't fire at you while doing it. Plus you tend to snipe people that aren't always looking right at you (hopefully at least). And H5 movement speed is also slow unless they are actively using abilities which you can't do all the time. Plus, again, the magnetism negates and speed H5 has. It is still insanely easy to snipe a full sprint target.

So the H5 sniper is easy because you can hit people not looking at you? Also link me a clip of someone getting shot in the back and being headshotted

• Downvote (-1) 6

So the H5 sniper is easy because you can hit people not looking at you? Also link me a clip of someone getting shot in the back and being headshotted

You can't really be this dense can you?
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

H3 Sniper was also projectile (but really fast) instead of hitscan, which meant at long range (not relevant in 4s except maybe on Narrows) you would have to lead your shot.

With the Netcode improvements we have now, maybe we could have a projectile starting weapon again. Just...let's not mix it with random bullet spread and burst fire.

On topic: Looking forward to maybe getting to go to a LAN again this season.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You can't really be this dense can you?

Every response you've made so far has been along the lines of "you can't possibly think that" "you're wrong" you can't be this dense" without even trying to prove your point.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 4

It just seems to me like you've not been paying close attention to anyone using a Halo 5 sniper. It blows my mind personally that you're trying to say movement speed leads to easy sniper use. Have you ever played HCE on LAN and thought "this sniper is easy as hell to use because the players aren't zipping around the map?" I just can't reconcile the fact that that is your basis for how it makes a sniper easy to use. Not even mentioning bullet magnetism or aim assist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish that Optic was actually picking up eLtown's roster, and dropping their current one.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People exaggerate how easy the H5 sniper is so much. I swear half the people who complain about the sniper and autos are just diamonds who get shit on by low onyxs 

No, we just recognise two glaring flaws in the game. Your Ad Hominem attacks don't change that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It just seems to me like you've not been paying close attention to anyone using a Halo 5 sniper. It blows my mind personally that you're trying to say movement speed leads to easy sniper use. Have you ever played HCE on LAN and thought "this sniper is easy as hell to use because the players aren't zipping around the map?" I just can't reconcile the fact that that is your basis for how it makes a sniper easy to use. Not even mentioning bullet magnetism or aim assist.

I've already said that H1 aiming was harder. Movement speed and game pace were both much faster than H3 in H1 anyways.

Thought I was finally catching up to the old thread. Was getting closer and closer to the last page..... then saw the announcement. I got some work to do

Annnndd I just up to this post from two days ago. You mother fuckers are fast 

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, we just recognise two glaring flaws in the game. Your Ad Hominem attacks don't change that.

If there are any glaring flaws in the game it's splinter grenades

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every response you've made so far has been along the lines of "you can't possibly think that" "you're wrong" you can't be this dense" without even trying to prove your point.

Put your reticle next to someone's head in both games and fire. You can SEE H5 bullets CURVE toward the head. We can stop the argument there. But then there's things like no scoping which is also easier. I don't know what else you need to know, even pros acknowledge the sniper being easier. It's just you for some reason seem to think one of the hardest snipers in the franchise (H3) is even close to as easy as H5. You haven't defended your opinion either btw all you said was "movement options". No mention of aim assist or magnetism or anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 4