CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We've played Sanctuary in Halo 2, Halo Reach, halo 4 and h2a. Thats about 6 or so years of the same map. i want that map to just die out at this point

I can understand the sentiment but then I play Riptide for the 50th time in a row and I'm suddenly on board with more Sanc remakes 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would play that map every day and not get tired of it. A good map is a good map. I don't think there is anything wrong with remaking classic, good maps as long as they are updated to keep up with tech and mechanics. Just ask CS, they have had some of the same maps in the pool (with iterative "reworkings") for like 15 years.

I never played cs really so i cant say anything about that. But i think the issue with Halo since really halo 2 is that the game is such an execution heavy game. Generally there becomes a accepted idea on how a map plays and it never really deviates outside of that pathway for the most part. The meta for sanc has been figured out and theres not as much thought as players figured out the map. Spacing is much easier as players have played the map countless of times i would also assume. In halo its not like every match is different , if anything its more that usually high level players play the map in the same strategic sense. Its just players have better timing/awareness/teamwork etc.

I think remakes that are that long can work if the game is more individual based or the game isnt that execution heavy. I just think remakes make that issue an even bigger issue but you can argue that since Halo alreadu has that issue, we might as well play it safe and just accept the nature that Halo is an execution based game

• Upvote (+1) 2

We'll take this to the DMs if you want to discuss further after this, but:

• I rarely downvote.
  • I just looked and as best I can tell, I've downvoted you twice in your last 30 posts. I didn't bother going back any further because I know it's not true.
  • You have a lot of good posts that I enjoy.
  • You also have some bad posts that are easy to meme about.
  • I see now it bothers you though, and I apologize. Unless there's something especially egregious that you post and I can't avoid memeing about because I'm an addict, I will stop.

Well damn, even i forgive you..idk for what but this was nice

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im trying to have a discussion, but I think some people are more concerned in using memes and ad hominems atacks.

accidental upvote

any ideas on what ExTL's org could be? I'd like to see Echo Fox jump in. Just for the sake of having the player Eco on the roster and the confusion that would ensue(I know it's not pronounced like echo but still). 

I can understand the sentiment but then I play Riptide for the 50th time in a row and I'm suddenly on board with more Sanc remakes

Yea if i had to pick id take Sanc as well probably lol

I just dont get where all the map designers that made the disc maps went. I just want one good dlc map thats original :(

I will say Haven was the best map in Halo 4 and that says something. It will be interesting to see how it plays on H5. And I'm down for remakes. Bring back Ivory Tower, Lockout, etc. Its better than the trash 343 has been putting out lately. 

Molten, Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant. 

GTFO

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

when you ask the forums when they became ok with regurgitated maps

eHOMZD4.jpg

This is incredible^. I came back to 10 quotes and messages -.-

Let me clarify what I meant I guess. I understand that not all remakes are garbage, and not all are mega hits...but this is a NEW Halo with a NEW story. The multiplayer designers have literally unlimited resources when creating these new maps in terms of creativity...but instead we get remakes of old maps like they're doing the players a favor. Sure some of them are pretty dank, Heretic, Mercy, yada yada yada, but why should we be settling for these when they should be taking inspiration from maps that do and dont work and creating something amazing that works for Halo 5...not just slapping a skin on a map and telling us its new. 

I get that some of the new maps like Molten blow chunks, but that shouldnt mean we'll settle for re-skinned remakes. It means the multiplayer level design team needs to figure out what they're doing wrong, and what the past teams have done right and fix their mistakes. We should be craving something new, not craving a remake. I dont want the regurgitated Haven, the regurgitated Midship, the regurgitated Pit, the regurgitated Lockout. I want a new map that becomes a legacy in itself. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. I rarely downvote.
  2. I just looked and as best I can tell, I've downvoted you twice in your last 30 posts. I didn't bother going back any further because I know it's not true.
  3. You have a lot of good posts that I enjoy.
  4. You also have some bad posts that are easy to meme about.
  5. I see now it bothers you though, and I apologize. Unless there's something especially egregious that you post and I can't avoid memeing about because I'm an addict, I will stop.

Good guy Mike.

l41lK4KlwYYYSSKFG.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven was great. COME FIGHT ME 1v1 IRL BROS

I'm 6' 4" and tatted. You couldn't take me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People exaggerate how easy the H5 sniper is so much. I swear half the people who complain about the sniper and autos are just diamonds who get shit on by low onyxs 

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I never played cs really so i cant say anything about that. But i think the issue with Halo since really halo 2 is that the game is such an execution heavy game. Generally there becomes a accepted idea on how a map plays and it never really deviates outside of that pathway for the most part. The meta for sanc has been figured out and theres not as much thought as players figured out the map. Spacing is much easier as players have played the map countless of times i would also assume. In halo its not like every match is different , if anything its more that usually high level players play the map in the same strategic sense. Its just players have better timing/awareness/teamwork etc.

I think remakes that are that long can work if the game is more individual based or the game isnt that execution heavy. I just think remakes make that issue an even bigger issue but you can argue that since Halo alreadu has that issue, we might as well play it safe and just accept the nature that Halo is an execution based game

Thats true, but Halo also isn't a "one-gun game" anymore.  There are more tools in the sandbox and with the new movement options, the meta has changed considerably.  Also, i wouldnt want the exact remake of Halo 2 sanc. I dont think that would play well, but with some slight editing it could work well i think.

Competitively i do think that halo 5 has more to offer in terms of strategic variety than previous games.  Scratch that, it COULD have more strategic variety if there was no radar, but maybe we will get there.  Thats not saying that its a better game than its predecessors (H2 2006-7 was the best imo), but i think it plays differently enough than any other title that remakes are essentially "starting over".

Also at this point, new viewers of competitive halo won't be familiar with the map and old-timers will like it cuz nostalgia.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will say Haven was the best map in Halo 4 and that says something. It will be interesting to see how it plays on H5. And I'm down for remakes. Bring back Ivory Tower, Lockout, etc. Its better than the trash 343 has been putting out lately. 

Molten, Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant. 

GTFO

3o7abCJnPhzwYzbvDW.gif

I imagine you would just be able to thrust slide up to sniper spawn easily.

Remakes are cool, but they won't always work.

To be fair the last few times i matched pros have been the most eye opening thing on how annoying people can be with the sniper. Most AM players snipers im really whatever on, yeah i have to be careful but i don't feel its as risky (though i do get scared 1v1ing a sniper). Then ill match a few pros in a match and it feels like i dont have near enough room

1. I rarely downvote.
  2. I just looked and as best I can tell, I've downvoted you twice in your last 30 posts. I didn't bother going back any further because I know it's not true.
  3. You have a lot of good posts that I enjoy.
  4. You also have some bad posts that are easy to meme about.
  5. I see now it bothers you though, and I apologize. Unless there's something especially egregious that you post and I can't avoid memeing about because I'm an addict, I will stop.

is ok bro, maybe im mistaken, i have been harrased in XboxLive by people of this forum using alt accounts.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair the last few times i matched pros have been the most eye opening thing on how annoying people can be with the sniper. Most AM players snipers im really whatever on, yeah i have to be careful but i don't feel its as risky (though i do get scared 1v1ing a sniper). Then ill match a few pros in a match and it feels like i dont have near enough room

Its all because of the aim assist/magnetism on the sniper. I do not know why it exists. I've experienced some horrific stuff on Narrows/Pit against Naded/Snip3down online but it was acceptable because they had to just be AMAZING to do what they were doing. In H5 the second someone that is talented with snipe in any other Halo game picks it up the pressure is crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats true, but Halo also isn't a "one-gun game" anymore. There are more tools in the sandbox and with the new movement options, the meta has changed considerably. Also, i wouldnt want the exact remake of Halo 2 sanc. I dont think that would play well, but with some slight editing it could work well i think.

Competitively i do think that halo 5 has more to offer in terms of strategic variety than previous games. Scratch that, it COULD have more strategic variety if there was no radar, but maybe we will get there. Thats not saying that its a better game than its predecessors (H2 2006-7 was the best imo), but i think it plays differently enough than any other title that remakes are essentially "starting over".

Also at this point, new viewers of competitive halo won't be familiar with the map and old-timers will like it cuz nostalgia.

Thats true it can definitely change some things. i do think some maps can be ruined with the wrong weapon set (imagine Colossus with LRs and carbine's lol) but thats a different discussion. I think if 343 could play to h5 strengths, which i think is freedom of movement to wherever and the like, i think remakes can work. I actually like Truth as a remake since i think it does play to those strengths.

And yeah with rotations being so key in h5, you can probably argue that h2 and whatnot were all set up based so the strategy is different. Though i guess technically you did figure out a bit of the h5 strat then if you got an idea of map positioning already

Be careful I am 6' 4" and fully tatted. 

You sure you can handle this? 

Dang it. I thought I was original! I should start reading before replying.  :mj:

If some people on this forum got their way every halo from here on out would just be halo 3 with better graphics. We can't all be happy with every single thing about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Go try the h1 or h3 sniper and compare to h5. Especially no scoping.

This, go back to h3 and i need a couple of days to hit a headshot. Mainly because is projectile base and has low bullet magnetism.