CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The only question I have, will T2 be there next to you again

We hope so! Our goal is to have a team of at least 4 people.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We hope so! Our goal is to have a team of at least 4 people.

Hopefully a larger analyst table for those 4 people as well.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

You mean when they added maps to it not named "Snowbound" "Isolation" or "Epitaph"?  :lxthul:

Are you saying better maps might help? This is absolutely groundbreaking.. you might be on to something here  :lxthul:

No it didn't, opening weekend Halo3 had over 1.5 million users.

I'm talking about the MLG aspect. MLG 2009 was the peak of competitive Halo and MLG as a company.

2 west coast LANs? I get one, but why both? It's incredibly expensive for travel, hotel, time off. Not to mention the exqosure missed out from a Midwest and east coast LAN.

Personally, I'm hoping for a smaller table..  :kappa:

When your parents sit you at the kids table Keepo

• Upvote (+1) 2

OP needs updating:

X-Men - Lunny, Anima, Ramirez, Chalkie and Coach Xavi
FAB Games - TuFoxy, Respectful, Mose, Jimbo
Infused - Batchford, Phlux, Havoc, Kimbo and Coach Outkast
Vibe - Qristola, Snipedrone, SeptiQ, Snakey and Coach Brightside
Pulse Gaming - Cxlii, Fragxr, SLG, Punisher
Dinosaurs - BUK 20, BUK 57, VexZeus, Flamez

@@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm talking about the MLG aspect. MLG 2009 was the peak of competitive Halo and MLG as a company.

I dunno about that, their CSGO major this year was quite impressive, as well as a lot of their events since 2009 (though I still miss that main stage). 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So 343 didn't want MLG?

Just to see MLG backing Halo again would've brought so many people back.

Disappointing

I dunno about that, their CSGO major this year was quite impressive, as well as a lot of their events since 2009 (though I still miss that main stage). 

ESL staff member giving MLG props for recent success... this is going to blow a lot of minds  :wutface:

Firstly, new thread. Hype.

Secondly, ESL/343 did a mostly good job of releasing info this time around, with two major misfires. Primarily the prize pool again. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PRIZE POOL? They keep flinging around these big numbers for NA and EU ($225,000 and $100,000) but is this for the Season Playoffs? Is it the Pro League payouts? Is it a combination of the two? What is the distribution for each of these payments? It's honestly pretty insane in my opinion. If the money is there and it exists, there is no reason that we shouldn't have a full breakdown regarding what it is going to. @@TheSimms @@Timo @@Vivi

Third, unless I'm missing some info (ESL's article was super barebones, and Halo.gg's article only talked about LANs. Beyond wasn't given any of this information, so I'm personally really confused about the Open Circuit layout. See below this quote.

hcs.jpg

First off, where did you find this picture?

Will online Open Circuit teams be flown out to Las Vegas to compete for the Relegation spot? If the Finals are taking place there I don't see how every team will be able to fly out and make the event.

If two teams from ESA Orange County are invited to Las Vegas (PGL), how are the other spots being filled for PGL via Online Cups?

How will the Open Brackets/Championship brackets for each of these events work? How many spots are available in the Las Vegas Finals?

I don't expect everything to be laid out on Day 1, some things need to be sorted out by the tournament organizers, but if I was a competitor I'd be pretty confused.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First off, where did you find this picture?

PGL's website.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well... if there was a Columbus event I would go just because I would want to check it out, even if I'm a trash Diamond/Onyx Player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well... if there was a Columbus event I would go just because I would want to check it out, even if I'm a trash Diamond/Onyx Player.

Same, been hearing good things about the MLG venue and want to see it. Might have to go down for Gears of War instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just saying, if there were hypothetically a big open LAN in a midwest city (say... STL for example) It would be a great idea to attach HCS points to it and maybe throw a couple grand on top of the prize pool. Hell, even if it's just worth the same as an ESL cup, you guys should make a point not to stifle grassroots tournaments by indirectly punishing AM players who go (For example the guys who went to the tournament in Toronto had to miss an online qualifier IIRC).

@@Vivi

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know, I'm hating, but everything with 343 feels like a half-step forward. 

Half-step forward is better than the bitter cold expanse of zero dev support.