CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did people back in the Halo 2/3 days really travel and spend a ton of money to compete? How did those events get hundreds of participants and nowadays it's hard to get 64 teams and fill a crowd at events?

Falls under my philosophy of "give players a reason to give a shit and they will".

Its what happens when people enjoy something and have passion for it.

Do we know if spectators will be free at the las Vegas open event? Trying to plan a trip and that's sort of an important tidbit

• Upvote (+1) 1

events were all over the country and people were able to drive to them

drive able events = affordable events 

343 has a hard on for the west coast even though they are literally the minority 

also back then the halo games weren't trash for the most part, so the population was larger

Have to factor in MLG having an incredible brand power / successful long-term history, they have nearly 2 million followers on twitter alone. Now we got open events by PGL (50k) and Esports Arena (18k) being promoted by the HCS (35k). I'm guessing most players aren't familiar with these 2 places or have no idea this is a thing still.

Not sure who came up with West Coast events only, but yea..

(please don't spam me with cheap plane tickets with 5 different pit stops)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Makes me wonder how the population is for H5. I think it is around 1/20 of the numbers H2 and H3 had one year after their release.

If it's anything

Halo 5 active players is the highest since Halo 3 (even before the free play period)

Cm0PFkgUkAEAc4q.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doesn't Real Madrid already have an esport team?

They were discussing it. Manchester United was in a bidding war with Fnatic for a team a while back idk if they got the team or not. 

I posted in reddit in a thread about how 343 hasn't fixed some bugs in the game but they are still adding REQ shit in every update and I got downvoted to hell....

• Upvote (+1) 4

I posted in reddit in a thread about how 343 hasn't fixed some bugs in the game but they are still adding REQ shit in every update and I got downvoted to hell....

Why would you ever go to reddit ?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why would you ever go to reddit ?

Because I got tired of seeing people praise 343 about useless cosmetics added in every update (I don't hate 343 I just don't like some of their decisions) and posted a bunch of issues that are currently in the game and people still refuse to acknowledge it. It pisses me off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because I got tired of seeing people praise 343 about useless cosmetics added in every update (I don't hate 343 I just don't like some of their decisions) and posted a bunch of issues that are currently in the game and people still refuse to acknowledge it. It pisses me off.

r/halo = r/hailcorporate

don't get me wrong, i'm not at all opposed to people saying good things about halo but shilling actively hurts everyone (besides the person trying to score brownie points)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would like to see an event in Ohio, like Columbus or even Cincinnati, but that won't happen because of MLG arena being located in Columbus. Sucks to see that 343 won't work with MLG 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude that subreddit is cancer, you go there if you want to see a funny Warzone clip, other than that stay away from it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cm0PFkgUkAEAc4q.jpg

I can believe this. I played solo arena and played decent connection games against different players for quite a few games at off-peak time.

Not only that, but I got invited to a fire team that was running arena and they were talking about dozens of friends in their "clan" that wanted to improve arena over Warzone.

It's not much, but I live in Australia where the population of Halo is probably 1000 so this felt good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

of course monthly players is the highest its been. they release monthly "DLC" updates that people will jump on, play for a few days to check out the update then not play for the rest of the month. That statistic doesn't mean shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was playing MCC the other day in the Halo 2 playlist which historically has been very underpopulated. I was finding games almost instantly with different people in each game. Considering MCC is like 15 places below Halo 5 on the most played list I'm going to guess Halo 5's population is better than a lot of us think.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys think nV vs OG hits 15k?

i feel like that's our best chance (+ when they play the second match)

I believe we can, the first day Optic played we had 13k due to the hype and now that they are playing their rival org it's gonna hit that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember before that was shown everyone was saying how the most popular list was broken and useless...

MAU isn't really a useful statistic to begin with, as H5 gets an update every month. It's obvious H4 and reach will be beat by monthly players.

I wish they'd release some kind of numbers. Even Riot releases the total number of players that get on each month, it's something at least. 

Y'all are grossly underestimating halo 5s population. There about 30,000 people playing BF4 right now on Xbox, and Halo is just under it, and they frequently trade spots in the ranking. So over the course of the day, there's probable a couple hundred thousand people that log in, with concurrent users topping out at under 30k.

The majority of them are probably playing more Warzone than anything though

• Upvote (+1) 7