CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

except we can't knock Atheon off anymore

damn you Bungie.

Oh wait...this is a 343i thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’d give you Guardian and The Pit (without attics) however, I think Narrows is overrated and I never liked Construct.

You’ve got 7 solid, competitive 4v4 maps in H5 at launch vs 3 or 4 in H3. Even if the best of H3’s maps are better than the best of 5’s I’d take the variety in 5.

H5 maps are mediocre, maybe Coli is the best, but is a poor man Pit/Sanc.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 14

This is absolutely gorgeous, though. If this is settling, I don't think I can handle whatever not settling looks like.

wyuiVO4.jpg?1

Yeah it probably didn't show in my post but this map looks amazing. Not a fan of Haven in general but the art style is awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guardian, The Pit, Narrows and Construct are better than all of those maps (IMO). Something about Halo 5 maps have never stuck with me, I only really like Truth and Fathom.

I know what are you talking about. It's because most Halo 5 maps (even if they are good maps) dont look like actual places, just random blocks and rooms connected together. They lack "personality".

• Upvote (+1) 4

I’d give you Guardian and The Pit (without attics) however, I think Narrows is overrated and I never liked Construct.

You’ve got 7 solid, competitive 4v4 maps in H5 at launch vs 3 or 4 in H3. Even if the best of H3’s maps are better than the best of 5’s I’d take the variety in 5.

I don't think every map we have is solid though. Ill give u Truth, Plaza, Fathom as good/solid maps

Eden and Coli are decent for what they are. In the middle about them

Regret, Empire and Rig are trash imo

Its really hard to judge the H5 maps based on these settings though. I think Empire is the worst map because its an automatic/crouching fest. If automatics/radar were taken out/nerfed or whatever i'm sure it would completely different but I have no other way to judge these maps but with these settings

• Downvote (-1) 5

Guys I've been out of the loop since Madden and Deus Ex released. How much crying did we have with the roster lock/dates and did the Open LAN produce euphoria? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think every map we have is solid though. Ill give u Truth, Plaza, Fathom as good/solid maps

Eden and Coli are decent for what they are

Regret, Empire (worst map in HCS) and Rig are trash imo

Rig Strongholds has imo produced some of most exciting matches in the HCS and it plays really well. It’s also decent for slayer.

Regret is also a decent slayer map.

Also I wasn’t including Empire in the 7 solid maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven was great. COME FIGHT ME 1v1 IRL BROS

But I'm not tatted at all so I'd probably lose :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys I've been out of the loop since Madden and Deus Ex released. How much crying did we have with the roster lock/dates and did the Open LAN produce euphoria? 

Quite the opposite with the Open LAN. A lot of debate: some are happy, some are disappointed with their locations (west coast only), and prize pools. So a mixed reaction. 

over at the /r/overwatch  :simms:

I expected this to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quite the opposite with the Open LAN. A lot of debate: some are happy, some are disappointed with their locations (west coast only), and prize pools. So a mixed reaction. 

Hmm. I'm guessing the location disappointment came because of the STL rumor. I would have preferred a midwest location as well but It's not exactly crazy to do it on the west coast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a construct remake would play really well in H5 idk

at the very least it'd be very different from the maps we currently have 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven was great. COME FIGHT ME 1v1 IRL BROS

Be careful I am 6' 4" and fully tatted. 

You sure you can handle this? 

• Upvote (+1) 8