CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

H5’s launch maps were far better than H3 imo.

Truth, Eden, Plaza, Rig, Fathom, Coliseum are all really solid maps.

I agree. Add Regret to that though. 

Regret and Coliseum are classics in my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As Riotz pointed out to me on Twitter when I said Haven in a better game will make Haven a better map, radar will ruin it. Low flanking will be impossible.

We don't use the R word in this thread.

When we were given a game that launched with Isolation, Snowbound, Epitaph, Pit with open attics, and Construct with Maulers top lifts.

Halo 3 launch maps were shit.

Wasn't shotty snipers also built into the slayer playlist or something when the game launched? Maybe I'm thinking about the beta. I just remember playing WAY too much shotty snipers on High Ground. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't shotty snipers also built into the slayer playlist or something when the game launched? Maybe I'm thinking about the beta. I just remember playing WAY too much shotty snipers on High Ground. 

Yup, took a while for Bungie to hotfix it.   Shotty snipers was like every other game in TS.

I actually liked that you got different variants of slayer in H2 and H3, but they didn't have the balance of gametypes correct.

The same way every single game of SWAT I play recently seems to be on Molten.

• Upvote (+1) 1

except we can't knock Atheon off anymore

I bet Mikwen was pissed at you when you were unplugging the internet for Crota, too.

Zealot should've been remade.

Only if they blocked off the top of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had to pick 14 gametypes

Team Slayer

Mercy

Regret

Eden

Plaza

Coliseum

The Rig

CTF

Coliseum

Truth

Fathom

Tyrant

Strongholds

Eden

Plaza

Mercy

The Rig

I only put Tyrant over Stasis for CTF because I still can't stand that we play CTF on an asymmetric map.. I also think CTF is Tyrant's best gametype but Assault being tested on it now is giving the map a bad rep.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You're literally part of the community that is begging for 343 to remake The Pit, Sanctuary, Lockout, etc.

I'll certainly take Haven over another Torque, Overgrowth or Riptide.

Literally? I don't think I've ever begged, let alone asked for a remake of any of those maps...

I want fresh new maps, not regurgitated half assed remakes. Just because the new maps and remakes suck, doesn't mean we should settle.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Looking forward to Mercy.

Did anyone notice if the map still has those lifts underneath the windows that go to top mid? Also the little drop area in the bottom hallways seemed to have some sort of torch thing to allow a player to go back up which wasnt a thing on haven. I could definitely be wrong tho, it could just be there for aesthetic purposes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moses_FPS Thanks. Vegas is the one I'd be interested in so I'll keep an eye out.

Hopefully I will see you there. FFA here I come! Unless I get a team..  :thinking:

Looking forward to Mercy.

Did anyone notice if the map still has those lifts underneath the windows that go to top mid? Also the little drop area in the bottom hallways seemed to have some sort of torch thing to allow a player to go back up which wasnt a thing on haven. I could definitely be wrong tho, it could just be there for aesthetic purposes.

Ghost had added jump ups bottom hallways to improve map flow for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont play FFA enough to have a valid opinion. Shit makes me rage too much. Thanks for the explanation though. :)

Me too, i played a lot of it hoping it would get better but it didnt.  I used to love FFA and would play that shit for hours.  Got ranked in it for the first time in 3 seasons yesterday and almost threw my controller through the window a few times doing it.

"Because of the level design, this map has been mistaken for a remake of Midship, despite Bungie claiming that it has nothing to do with it.[5] The map's overall design seems to be set up in a similar way to maps like Midship and Assembly."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Zealot_(level)

Ah, right.

I guess I've always just lumped this map in with the other Midship remakes. Whoops!

Yeah, IDGAF what bungie said about it.  100% chance that map was "inspired" by midship.

Guardian, The Pit, Narrows and Construct are better than all of those maps (IMO). Something about Halo 5 maps have never stuck with me, I only really like Truth and Fathom.

I hated Narrows personally.  I miss me some social one-flag on high ground though

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so excited to jump around Mercy tbh. Haven + a jetpack was some of the most fun I had in Halo 4, with how you could basically launch yourself from any point of the map to any other. I'm hype to see what we can do with thrusting and stabilizing off the lifts in H5

Guardian, The Pit, Narrows and Construct are better than all of those maps (IMO). Something about Halo 5 maps have never stuck with me, I only really like Truth and Fathom.

Remember though, those maps all had issues that needed correcting in forge. Pit had the attic and no flag boxes, Guardian was a mess, Narrows and Construct were alright but still needed weapon and spawn placements moved around. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ghost had added jump ups bottom hallways to improve map flow for competitive play.

Yeah I know. I'm just hoping they're sticking with that change because it helped out the map rather significantly.

I’d give you Guardian and The Pit (without attics) however, I think Narrows is overrated and I never liked Construct.

You’ve got 7 solid, competitive 4v4 maps in H5 at launch vs 3 or 4 in H3. Even if the best of H3’s maps are better than the best of 5’s I’d take the variety in 5.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 4

There you go. Original theme that is NOT another random human looking facility. Was that so hard 343 ?.

I understand H5 verticality makes designing natural looking maps much harder but c'mon. Ppl in forge came up with both visually appealing and working designs that looked nothing like Unsc base.

I mean why Halo maps even needs to by based on Halo fiction ? Give us medieval castle, give us beach party, give us jungle temple (Beaver creek and Sanctuary right?), demolished town, asian temple, egyptian piramid, anything but Unsc base. Even if all maps needs to be based on lore, Grim will always come up with some kind of story.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5