CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

FFA is supposed to be a controlled chaos gametype.  Its a contest to see who's reaction time, gunskill, movement and awareness is the best.  Power ups and power weapons are placed on the map in team games as a tool to see which team can rotate around and control the flow of the map better to use them to their advantage.  In FFA obviously there are no teams so that element is eliminated entirely.  It is also a high-death gametype so you are spawning all over the map frequently.  Power ups and power weapons are generally controlled by the player that had the good fortune to spawn near them (assuming all players in the game are around the same relative skill level).  I have won and lost many FFA's becuase of this simple fact.  The best example is probably a game i played on The Rig.  I was down by like 6 or 7 kills near the end of the game.  I spawned right next to Scatter and Invis had just spawned.  I grabbed both and ended up winning the game.  In no way did i earn that win, i should ahve finished int he middle of the pack, the game basically handed it to me and fucked someone else over.

I will argue this fact all day but i'll move it to the settings thread if you want to discuss more haha :)

I don't think there was a chance of Str8 and Ace staying together.  One was always the fuse and the other the match when they argued.  Ideally they would have worked it out like adults but.... if you are going to go with one player out of those 2, you go with Ace.

Yes.  i want to play some PC customs and see how that shit works.

they use a "Custom system" for LANs that can't use forge or some shit?

I dont play FFA enough to have a valid opinion. Shit makes me rage too much. Thanks for the explanation though. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did we become okay with regurgitated maps? 

You're right! When did we become ok with Heretic?? Smh!  

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why we shouldn’t jump to conclusions

At this point, I feel a lot of people are somewhat discouraged to assume the right things will happen. Hyped for recent news and stuff, but I'm never going to assume what should happen, will. Maybe this season will win me back.

I really hope Haven plays great, it would be a welcomed addition to the Fall Season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So like can we get extraction in H5 please it would work so well in this game, and at this point anything is better than assault

When we were given a game that launched with Isolation, Snowbound, Epitaph, Pit with open attics, and Construct with Maulers top lifts.

Halo 3 launch maps were shit.

I know..... That's the same problem we have with H5. A lot of the maps are trash. I was responding to him.

By his logic, we shouldn't have been ok with Heretic, Zealot, Truth, or Regret, Pitfall, or any Halo Reach MLG maps as they were all forge remakes.

At this point, I feel a lot of people are somewhat discouraged to assume the right things will happen. Hyped for recent news and stuff, but I'm never going to assume what should happen, will.

Hope Haven plays great, it would be a welcomed addition to the Fall Season.

How about we just don’t assume anything?

Complaining before we have any real information is pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know..... That's the same problem we have with H5. A lot of the maps are trash. I was responding to him.

By his logic, we shouldn't have been ok with Heretic, Zealot, Truth, or Regret, Pitfall, or any Halo Reach MLG maps as they were all forge remakes.

Zealot wasn't a remake of anything.

How about we just don’t assume anything?

Complaining before we have any real information is pointless.

I think there's a fine line between complaining and raising legitimate concerns.

When we were given a game that launched with Isolation, Snowbound, Epitaph, Pit with open attics, and Construct with Maulers top lifts.

Halo 3 launch maps were shit.

Snowbound. cringe. I remember "playing" that map in slayer was all about who got the mauler/shotgun and camped behind the base shields the best. Trash.

I'll preface this by saying I played h4 the least of any halo titles to date, but I definitely played it enough to form an opinion on the maps.

I feel like Haven was just an okay map in a sea of shit maps. It reminds me of the cheerleader effect. The other maps were SO bad that it made Haven seem a lot better than it actually was. 

That being said, I welcome remakes at this point after the hot garbage that is Molten, Riptide, Overgrowth, and Tyrant.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just like Valhalla was loosely based off Blood Gulch.

Ah, right.

"Because of the level design, this map has been mistaken for a remake of Midship, despite Bungie claiming that it has nothing to do with it.[5] The map's overall design seems to be set up in a similar way to maps like Midship and Assembly."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Zealot_(level)

I guess I've always just lumped this map in with the other Midship remakes. Whoops!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why couldn't 343 make all the maps look beautiful like Mercy, the design, lightning, everything looks so good.

• Upvote (+1) 1