CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Some of the players have full-time jobs, are students, etc that put obligations on them. 

Oh yeah I completely understand and respect that. I was just commenting about some of their sleep schedules because I hear the "I/he just woke up" excuse WAY too much from halo players.

Ace screwed himself by joining Optic for the money and now he wont be making any since Hecz dropped the team and why is Stellur going to join a team that will be 0 - 4 and pretty much already eliminated...  This ex Optic team is a disaster right now, this guy is leaving E6 after this week to join this train wreck team, lolol 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Those with jobs / class on the East Coast are playing / watching until 1-2am, so what's the difference? You aren't going to please everyone, this should be about the fans, I love players but they are more replaceable than growing the fan base.

Let's say whoever is getting these top tier schedule preferences retires, then we are stuck with it? Makes no sense. I know you're doing the best you can but this stuff seems very fixable and basic.

The difference is that someone can stay up late, but may not be able to get out of class/job early. Seems pretty basic. 

But yeah, we're trying to find the happy medium. 

Those with jobs / class on the East Coast are playing / watching until 1-2am, so what's the difference? You aren't going to please everyone, this should be about the fans, I love players but they are more replaceable than growing the fan base.

Let's say whoever is getting these top tier schedule preferences retires, then we are stuck with it? Makes no sense. I know you're doing the best you can but this stuff seems very fixable and basic.

I think he is saying staying up late isn't as bad as having people who would need to skip school/work

Edit: beaten by Timo

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference is that someone can stay up late, but may not be able to get out of class/job early. Seems pretty basic. 

We could always up the prizing so they don't have to work, and those who take classes can schedule them better or save for another semester / online class? Still, not sure why we are bending over to the players at this point. But hey, I'm just a forum guy.

I might pick up the sticks again so I can say I have night classes so we can have earlier matches :intensifies:

Anyways, thanks for the discussion as always.

The roster change window is for one month, and it is the only period during this Fall Season.

Teams may only change ONE player during the roster change period.

That's a shame. I was hoping Lol could get Stellur and replace APG later on if he fails to pick it up.

I think he is saying staying up late isn't as bad as having people who would need to skip school/work

Edit: beaten by Timo

until they fail school or get fired from work for being unproductive because of a lack of sleep.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Although I think the start time should be moved back a half an hour to make it a 7 EST start, what really needs to be worked on to save time is the time in between game. Start fining players who are causing some of these crazy wait times between matches and that will make a large difference.

until they fail school or get fired from work for being unproductive because of a lack of sleep.

That's more of an individual issue. Nobody is required to watch late. It enables those who are able to/willing to stay up be able to watch it as opposed to just completely blocking off those who don't get off of work and school lately.

that's anything in life. Need to prioritize. I work night shift so I miss all the matches live so I just watch the rebroadcast. If you have school or work the next day you can do the same.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Am I the only one who feels like these interviews could be cutdown a little bit like they should 2 minutes max that or cut down on the downtime between matches to me the Pros should be in a lobby ready to start the matches.

Although I think the start time should be moved back a half an hour to make it a 7 EST start, what really needs to be worked on to save time is the time in between game. Start fining players who are causing some of these crazy wait times between matches and that will make a large difference.

Sometimes it is players delaying (and we will be more stringent here), but sometimes technology just bites us in the a**. 

We could always up the prizing so they don't have to work, and those who take classes can schedule them better or save for another semester / online class? Still, not sure why we are bending over to the players at this point. But hey, I'm just a forum guy.

I might pick up the sticks again so I can say I have night classes so we can have earlier matches :intensifies:

Anyways, thanks for the discussion as always.

Upping the prize money to a level where every player in the pro league can just quit their job is of course the simplest solution. :P 

Am I the only one who feels like these interviews could be cutdown a little bit like they should 2 minutes max that or cut down on the downtime between matches to me the Pros should be in a lobby ready to start the matches.

They do seem to be a little long at times.

Let's see what time we end tonight.  We are on decent pace provided we don't have to replay fathom flag 47 times tonight.

Sometimes it is players delaying (and we will be more stringent here), but sometimes technology just bites us in the a**. 

I get that. Thanks for the communication on topics like this, helps the community feel valued and I think it has led to some improvements. Hope to see more of both!

That's more of an individual issue. Nobody is required to watch late. It enables those who are able to/willing to stay up be able to watch it as opposed to just completely blocking off those who don't get off of work and school lately.

that's anything in life. Need to prioritize. I work night shift so I miss all the matches live so I just watch the rebroadcast. If you have school or work the next day you can do the same.

It is an individual issue that everyone on the east coast/midwest has to go through. As a community all we talk about is growing the scene and how much viewership we can get during the live streams. Viewership includes many people that still have bedtimes set by parents, or school or work that they put as their first priority. 

And if it is based on the players, how many players are there out of the 32 that live on the west coast AND have school or work that would interfere with making their match on time?