CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has ESL ever made an announcement stating what the regular season prize pool is? And is prize money from the LAN events during the regular season part of the sum that will be fined?

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I really feel that ESL's handling of the situation is poor and we really shouldn't let up on them too soon, especially if StelluR is getting fined for something that he is a victim of...

Moses and Cyren beat me but I spent 5 whole minutes searching for Timo's post so I'm posting it, damnit.

For those of you who didn't want to wait for the rule set to be published, here is the prize pool breakdown for the Fall Season. 

yDztxP.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure. They created the design from scratch. They did the exact same for the smash event and Nintendo was cool with it. They are dumping 25k in their game to grow the scene. They could have gave a bit of leeway. 

In a perfect world I'm sure 343 would let it slide, but one of the primary tenants of trademarks / copyrights is protecting it. You let one person use it without explicit permission or licensing and everything goes to hell.

Hey man some really constructive pointers here,

Please label this content you are making for free "Community Halo Pro Player Spotlight" because it makes me emotional otherwise.

Also, if you could step down so someone who isn't a random forum poster could do these, so you aren't copy and pasting from MLG interviews, I think we all would appreciate it.

Sincerely,

What

How about "Official Community Halo Pro Player Spotlight"? It certainly has a nice ring to it.

Only required if this series is more than three episodes.

r2HnbVt.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure. They created the design from scratch. They did the exact same for the smash event and Nintendo was cool with it. They are dumping 25k in their game to grow the scene. They could have gave a bit of leeway. 

lets be real man, UGC is investing 25k into this event to grow their company

they aren't a charity

• Upvote (+1) 2

In a perfect world I'm sure 343 would let it slide, but one of the primary tenants of trademarks / copyrights is protecting it. You let one person use it and everything goes to hell.

If 343/Microsoft wasn't approached, I fully understand them shutting it down. But if they were asked, and said no, it's a bit ridiculous. They easily could have come to a simple agreement for use of the protected materials, especially considering it is for a company that is dumping a nice chunk of change into promoting Halo eSports.

How about "Official Community Halo Pro Player Spotlight"? It certainly has a nice ring to it.

r2HnbVt.gif

Official certified platinum community halo pro spotlight official

• Upvote (+1) 7

What about Stasis makes it a shit map for Pro matchups? SnakeBite was nice enough to respond to my question on stream by saying that the Red side is bogus and so they don't practice it.

I've seen the stats about the two spawns having the most distinct difference in win rate but have we had discussions as to why?

Reason I ask is because I can't help but enjoy my Stasis games (low Onyx). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

lets be real man, UGC is investing 25k into this event to grow their company

they aren't a charity

They would be lucky to break even on this event. But it dose get their name out there a bit more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

just realized that E6 players with #seniority make in 4 months what formal makes in a year.  :mj:

Would you guys take $300 to log into @@StelluR's Xbox live profile?

that's how much my rent is

They are dumping 25k in their game to grow the scene. They could have gave a bit of leeway.

They are not "dumping 25k to grow the scene" they are trying to grow themselves as a tournament operator, and as a business. If anything someone is dumping $25k on UGC as an investment because I am unsure how they would have $25k to blow on a prizepool otherwise.

It's cool to have LAN operator options around, but when everyone starts pulling the community card bullshit when they were ghosts until 343 announced an official league... It's annoying. Not just talking about UGC either.

Not trying to be a dick, let's just not get it twisted with a false narrative.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What about Stasis makes it a shit map for Pro matchups? SnakeBite was nice enough to respond to my question on stream by saying that the Red side is bogus and so they don't practice it.

I've seen the stats about the two spawns having the most distinct difference in win rate but have we had discussions as to why?

Reason I ask is because I can't help but enjoy my Stasis games (low Onyx). 

Here:

Blue side getting to Red Flag has a much better route Shotgun side (strong side of the map) -- where they're up basically on level ground with the rest of the combat area of the map to get into the enemy base.  Red going into Blue's base on Shotgun side have that low area they have to traverse (or they have to jump out in the open), giving up high ground advantage to get into the base on strong side of the map.

On Hydra side (weak, low side) of the map, if Blue are OEing to stop a flag, they have sightlines on red team running the flag back to their base.  For the Red team, however, they have a giant lip blocking their LoS and have to lift/jump up to get vision, exposing themselves in an area with no cover.  There are also platforms on BOTH sides of Red's base they have an elevated view of the Red side of the map, but if Red are on Blue's side of the map... there are no elevated platforms, just a thin wall or two to stand on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

MoneyMatches contributed 2.5k to the UGC prize pool to bring the total to $27,500

so that's 5k total they've contributed to halo tournament prize pools, not bad

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here:

OK, so more of the physical features of the map being the problem as opposed to weapon choices or placements. Thanks for the feedback.

In a perfect world I'm sure 343 would let it slide, but one of the primary tenants of trademarks / copyrights is protecting it. You let one person use it without explicit permission or licensing and everything goes to hell.

I feel like 343 should be doing anything they can to help these events be successful, even if they aren't sanctioned. It would only benefit the franchise in the long run.

OK, so more of the physical features of the map being the problem as opposed to weapon choices or placements. Thanks for the feedback.

OS+Rocket control is usually the only way for Red team to truly win games on the map -- even using recent Pro League results as an example, in the tied games between Liquid/opponent, Red team had more rockets/OS, but in the replay vs nV, Liquid had almost all the OS/Rocket control and won easily.  In the replay vs E6, Liquid had equal rocket control and won 3-1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MoneyMatches contributed 2.5k to the UGC prize pool to bring the total to $27,500

so that's 5k total they've contributed to halo tournament prize pools, not bad

Zach, the MM CEO is a fuckin boss

Don't see how Money Matches makes money to afford dropping it on tourneys. They are still in beta and you can't buy their currency.

Anyone know where it comes from?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't see how Money Matches makes money to afford dropping it on tourneys. They are still in beta and you can't buy their currency.

Anyone know where it comes from?

I think the dude just genuinely has a lot of money

• Upvote (+1) 1