CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rulebooks and venue announcements, yes. 

However the other fixes are yet to be seen and probably can't be seen until the season starts. I'm keeping fingers crossed.

A high quality Pro League, partnered by an open LAN (at CWL's sort of scale) in a 'season split' would be so so good for Halo. That would guarantee 2 open LANs, 2 Seasons of Pro League and a World Championship with crowd funding. 

Ultimate goal right there.

Still no actual rulebook release right?

What's your reasoning behind that? Curious. 

FFA is supposed to be a controlled chaos gametype.  Its a contest to see who's reaction time, gunskill, movement and awareness is the best.  Power ups and power weapons are placed on the map in team games as a tool to see which team can rotate around and control the flow of the map better to use them to their advantage.  In FFA obviously there are no teams so that element is eliminated entirely.  It is also a high-death gametype so you are spawning all over the map frequently.  Power ups and power weapons are generally controlled by the player that had the good fortune to spawn near them (assuming all players in the game are around the same relative skill level).  I have won and lost many FFA's becuase of this simple fact.  The best example is probably a game i played on The Rig.  I was down by like 6 or 7 kills near the end of the game.  I spawned right next to Scatter and Invis had just spawned.  I grabbed both and ended up winning the game.  In no way did i earn that win, i should ahve finished int he middle of the pack, the game basically handed it to me and fucked someone else over.

I will argue this fact all day but i'll move it to the settings thread if you want to discuss more haha :)

I know people tend to blame the Orlando trip as a reason why Optic was not involved in any of the team changes but as a fan of Optic as a whole I honestly think they really had no chance at getting any better players than they are getting now. Only possible chance was if Ace and Str8 Sick was a To2 and looked for two others to compliment them. It saddens me to say this but there is a good chance they are relegated this season. :mj:

I don't think there was a chance of Str8 and Ace staying together.  One was always the fuse and the other the match when they argued.  Ideally they would have worked it out like adults but.... if you are going to go with one player out of those 2, you go with Ace.

If the PC community can come up with a customs browser, by George, this'll be huge. Super stoked to see what comes out of this on the Forge end, as well.

Why isn't the HCS using Forge maps, again? I honestly haven't heard any official reason why, and I'm legit curious.

Yes.  i want to play some PC customs and see how that shit works.

they use a "Custom system" for LANs that can't use forge or some shit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

With 343 releasing big updates like this close to a year after launch I can't help but think H3A isn't coming and H6 is going to release in 2018. I just don't see why 343 would put so much time into content for H5 if they are a year from launching another big title like H3A or H6. If H3A does come it's going to be a campaign remaster and some DLC maps to H5 probably.

Because a lot of this content was already in the pipeline at launch and they get whale spending surges with new skin and Warzone item updates.

It's just like DLC map packs...most of the maps are already in production or even finished when the game launches, but they hold it off to release later because $60 doesn't completely cover the cost of a AAA release...and they know players will pay.

Oh for the love of god 343 please ass forge maps to the rotation. The forge crew have gotten the aesthetics looking so good, no one will notice.

I just want properly good maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

EDIT: Might have jumped the gun, maybe they ran into issues or whatnot. But hell this could be our Heretic (H3 Midship) to bring more gametypes in.

Ok..

HAVEN IS BY FAR THE BEST MAP IN HALO 4 (DEBATABLE W/ SKYLINE)

WHY ISN'T THIS BEING TESTED FOR THE HCS AND NOT THOSE OTHER MAPS THAT HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN HCS?

I'M CAP LOCKING THIS. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.

Was gonna call you out, but we cool.

Skyline was amazing

• Upvote (+1) 4

EDIT: Might have jumped the gun, maybe they ran into issues or whatnot. But hell this could be our Heretic (H3 Midship) to bring more gametypes in.

Ok..

WHY ISN'T THIS BEING TESTED FOR THE HCS AND NOT THOSE OTHER MAPS THAT HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN HCS?

Maybe because it doesn't release until September? 

Chances are it'll be added then.

Also I bet this is what was NDAd at the summit thing which the pros went to, they were probably testing Haven.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The game was enjoyable due to the simple fact that both teams had to excel at offensive and defensive strategies to be able to compete.

• In Extraction, there is a zone on the map.
  • Any player can start to arm the bomb anywhere within the zone.
  • Once the bomb is armed, the other team has 45 seconds to convert the bomb, resetting the timer.
  • If they fail to convert the bomb within the 45 second time limit, the team that has control of the bomb scores a point, and the zone goes to another section of the map.
  • Repeat.
It's more or less an insane game of tug of war, with both teams having to fight over a neutral objective with different strategies.

It actually does sound like it would be a better alternative to H5's Assualt. I think the particular map in this video failed to excite me, because the extraction points didn't seem like interesting areas to fight in.

I'm gonna try to dig up some footage on better maps. Was any competitive extraction played on dev maps or was it all Forge?

Ok..

Guessing it's a next season/HWC thing (w/ Extraction possibly being added in time for that)

Edit: It also has a H2 Beam Rifle if you look closely.

Ok..

Because it's not out until the 8th of Septemeber? 

I assume the Pro League is starting shortly after that. Don't know if there's time for it to be properly tested in the wild.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok..

Would not be surprised if it's added.

It's released on the 8th and pro league starts on the 14(?). So that gives teams a week to practice which sounds about right for standard 343 notice...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because it's not out until the 8th of Septemeber? 

I assume the Pro League is starting shortly after that. Don't know if there's time for it to be properly tested in the wild.

I mean, they are the ones making the map, the gametypes, the HCS season. You would think there would be some coordination to get this map in sooner. Would really hate to see potentially the best map in Halo 5 not be used because of bad timing / lack of timing.

Maybe they know it's good and have tested it with the Pro Players + Pro Team a few weeks back and it's a shoe in. I hope it's good because Tyrant is haunting my dreams right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am very curious if 343/ESL would ever switch over to H5 PC customs with controllers for some of the LANs. It would showcase a better looking game in 4k. Also it may fix the Xbox LAN issue. They could actually use forge maps in the HCS. 

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

With 343 releasing big updates like this close to a year after launch I can't help but think H3A isn't coming and H6 is going to release in 2018. I just don't see why 343 would put so much time into content for H5 if they are a year from launching another big title like H3A or H6. If H3A does come it's going to be a campaign remaster and some DLC maps to H5 probably.

H3A is not happening.  If they want to do another Halo title before H6, it should be a 100% corrected MCC that then goes Free to Play.

Halo has generally been a 3 year release cycle, so 2018 would be the original plan anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, they are the ones making the map, the gametypes, the HCS season. You would think there would be some coordination to get this map in sooner. Would really hate to see potentially the best map in Halo 5 not be used because of bad timing / lack of timing.

Maybe they know it's good and have tested it with the Pro Players + Pro Team a few weeks back and it's a shoe in.I hope it's good because Tyrant is haunting my dreams right now.

You'd think...

But in all fairness, it was probably just not ready in time for early testing.