CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I might be reading it wrong and different than all of you, but considering they are ALL getting fined, I'm sure the actual reason for the 5% fine is not showing up to the official discord and being late. If true, then that would explain why @@StelluR is fined as well. That would make sense why all 4 have the exact same fine.

@@Cratos got fined the other 5% for trash-talking an admin. 

The tampering/cheating/attempt to make Stellur look bad was not fined at all. It wouldn't make sense that Stellur would be fined for this part, therefore the 5% must be for the other part of the statement from ESL which was not showing up to the discord and showing up late to the match.

5% seems fair for that part. I'm baffled on how they didn't get fined at all for #StellurGate though. If they want to claim that the 5% IS for that, then that's ridiculous. 5% of the PRO LEAGUE ONLY is basically nothing. All the money comes from Season finals. I'd imagine they get more from skin sales (the teams that have them) than the pro league payment at the end of the season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well wouldn't I look like a fool then haha. But nah could get the entire EU scene to back me up with this one, it's been an ongoing thing for a while. No legitimate proof was ever found.

But who cares about EU Challenger scene drama anyway  :simms:

wait, EU has a challenger scene ??. what is that like 5 teams ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Players actually take addy for League matches... Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh... There is no way in hell that EG has gotten blown out by Optic in both times they have scrimmed them yet they beat them in a League match legit... ALG is another team that is on addy for League matches, this team usually gets mopped in scrims yet in their 2 League match games, they went last map both times... I wonder who else takes addy for League Matches 

• Downvote (-1) 32

If E6 wants to save face, they could easily come out with a "due to the actions of some of our members, we have decided to drop our Halo team (or member(s) of our Halo team) in order to remove themselves from the bad press and let people know "We don't support this kind of activity". I'd gain some respect for the org if they could do something like that after their poor handling of the whole situation from the beginning. One of those "We've made mistakes but we are learning from them and apologize to all those involved" type things.

• Downvote (-1) 3

We forfeited game 1 for showing up late to the discord. I am getting fined 5% of whatever I earn while being on Enigma 6 because I got signed out of my account. And Honestly I am happy they came out with a statement and the ruling, because when I found out I was being fined i was awestruck, but not able to say anything because it was confidential.

I don't understand why you're getting fined for being signed out because someone recovered your account.

That makes no sense @@Timo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

We forfeited game 1 for showing up late to the discord. I am getting fined 5% of whatever I earn while being on Enigma 6 because I got signed out of my account. And Honestly I am happy they came out with a statement and the ruling, because when I found out I was being fined i was awestruck, but not able to say anything because it was confidential.

So you're being fined for something out of your own control?

What

big font power rankings

I still think you guys should have an odd number of panelists to reduce the chance of ties.

Also, Allegiance lost to Luminosity, not Liquid.

Beyond rankings should be community based. Everyone with positive rep, and a member for a year votes, and then your "panel" comments on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Woke up the e6 'punishment' news - can only assume that ESL didn't fully understand the accusations etc, that's a ridiculously lenient punishment.

"You have red hair, you're playing 2K, and you're making beats. Everything about this is unnatural." -Scump to Maniac in Hecz vlog.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just caught up with the E6/Cratos announcement. Pretty fair imo, haven't read the forum's perception of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Beyond rankings should be community based. Everyone with positive rep, and a member for a year votes, and then your "panel" comments on that.

The weight of your opinion should not be based on how many memes you post.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just caught up with the E6/Cratos announcement. Pretty fair imo, haven't read the forum's perception of it.

Team cheats, tries to tarnish Stellur's reputation, lowers the integrity of the league, lies about it, and ESL fines them 5% of ONLY the pro league regular season payouts (so not even finals) and also fines Stellur the same amount and you think it's fair? So a few hundred dollars.

Cratos got an extra 5% for shit-talking an admin based on players comments on twitter combined with the ESL announcement.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It must be great to know that if you really wanted to do it you could fuck with the competitive integrity of the league as any team/individual in pro league and suffer an inconsequential monetary penalty. You can basically do just about whatever you want apparently as long as you don't do it every day. You can literally disrespect ESL multiple times, make the entire league look bad, attempt to tarnish the reputation of other players, and throw series without a single serious repercussion. Oh all at the same time too. Hilarious that the consequence can be called inconsequential. They totally missed the point of handing out a punishment to begin with. This is where you make an example out of what happens when you don't follow the rules but instead they just announced free reign to do whatever you feel like because even ESL doesn't take themselves seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Didn't the first place team last season make like $12K for pro league (before finals). So assuming they don't pay their coach ANYTHING, $12k divided by 4 players is $3K a piece. 5% of 3K is $150. If E6 gets first place, the players got fined $150.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team cheats, tries to tarnish Stellur's reputation, lies about it, and ESL fines them 5% of ONLY the pro league regular season payouts (so not even finals) and also fines Stellur the same amount and you think it's fair? So a few hundred dollars.

Cratos got an extra 5% for shit-talking an admin based on players comments on twitter combined with the ESL announcement.

The entire situation could have been avoided if Stellur hadn't aired his dirty laundry in public and just played out the two weeks and left. ESL has no business getting involved in petty org salary squabbles. Also, revealing E6's plans to pick up Shooter compromised the integrity of the league. If Stellur is being fined for his entire season, that's fucked, but if it's just for whatever miniscule amount he's making from the two weeks with E6, I can understand it.

Cratos's punishment is fair. 10% of season earnings is more than you see professional sports players being fined for "comparable" violations. I'm not sure how other esports organizers handle things like this, but people who thought he was going to get banned for a year based on inconclusive evidence were kidding themselves from the start. If there was something undeniably linking him alone to sabotaging Stellur's account, it'd be a different story.

And that's my contrarian 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15