CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It makes ESL look like a joke. I still don't understand how people like you aren't seeing this for as big of a deal as it is. Sabotaging a match and intentionally trying to tarnish another players reputation and standing in the league, then publicly and blatantly lying about it. Its a fucking joke.

It is a joke, but again it really didn't have an impact on anything. It was all the result of an internal conflict in E6 between Stellur and the rest of the team/org. It would be much much different if E6 were sabotaging other teams, but they weren't. Like I said, I still think the penalties (fines) could have been bigger but I don't think anything here was ban worthy. If E6 were trying to make Stellur look bad it didn't work, and never would have worked, because everyone knew what was going on with that team prior.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There really is no way for ESL to know who logged into Stellur's account so the only action they can take is punishing the whole team.

But they know it wasn't Stellur (obviously) and if I'm not mistaken Suspector wasn't their either. Punishing the whole team when it can easily be narrowed down to 2 is stupid...

• Upvote (+1) 1

And why do you think that? Why are you singling him out? You do know Bubu and Showtime both live there right?

I'm singling him out because ESL punished him the worst out of everybody, that's a sign they know something we don't.

Yes, I know they both live there as well.

Edit: Saw T2's tweet. I take this back. Guess we don't know who did it for sure

what are GSL groups?

• Match one: Team A vs. Team B
  • Match two: Team C vs. Team D
  • Winners’ match (WM): Winner of match one vs. winner of match two - winner advances to semifinals
  • Elimination match (EM): Loser of match one vs. loser of match two - loser drops out
  • Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM - winner advances to semifinals and loser drops out

In this case it just creates the seeds, no one is eliminated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys at the end of the day we can't hate to much ESL was just protecting their families ...

E6L

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just imagine how hype the E6 vs what team Stellur gets on is gonna be in pro league.  We need to all hope those teams play at the open event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When Stellur leaves E6, does the deducation still apply to him?

These are the questions that need answering.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused after reading the article about the penalties.

From what I'm reading there are three things done:

#1 Team not showing up on time in discord (team fine of 5% including Stellur; he could have joined it).

#2 Someone signing into Stellurs account (No fine?)

#3 cratos using foul language (5% fine)

• Upvote (+1) 2

When Stellur leaves E6, does the deducation still apply to him?

These are the questions that need answering.

This season, players are paid for each match they played within a team.

If your team wins 10,000 as a result of your placing, and you played for 2 of the 7 weeks, you'll get 28% (2/7ths) of 25% (As the team's fourth for those 4 matches) of 10,000 ($700).  If the team lost 5%, you're instead getting 28% of 25% of 9500 ($665).

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm confused after reading the article about the penalties.

From what I'm reading there are three things done:

#1 Team not showing up on time in discord (team fine of 5% including Stellur; he could have joined it).

#2 Someone signing into Stellurs account (No fine?)

#3 cratos using foul language (5% fine)

#1 is a game 1 forfeit to OG

#2 5% everyone

#3 5% cratos

• Upvote (+1) 4

• Match one: Team A vs. Team B
  • Match two: Team C vs. Team D
  • Winners’ match (WM): Winner of match one vs. winner of match two - winner advances to semifinals
  • Elimination match (EM): Loser of match one vs. loser of match two - loser drops out
  • Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM - winner advances to semifinals and loser drops out

In this case it just creates the seeds, no one is eliminated.

ah that makes sense, so basically double elim group play into double elim playoff bracket?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suspensions > Fines

However, I realize we can't suspend the whole team.

I would've been satisfied with 10% reduction from "tampering." Then some kind of suspension for Cratos. 

I can't believe cratos didn't get in anymore trouble then just a small fine, and they fined stellur also lmao. 

I know comparing this to the NFL might not be the best way to go about it but if an NFL player tampered with a member of his teams shit im sure he would be in a lot more trouble.

This league is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:thinking:

I cant speak on the proof, but again account sharing is far more damaging to the integrity of the matches played then this E6 situation.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I cant speak on the proof, but again account sharing is far more damaging to the integrity of the matches played then this E6 situation.

E6 basically threw their week one matches lol. Didn't even put Stellur in their call. That's pretty damaging to the integrity of matches alone, and that's not mentioning the sign in issue.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Suspensions > Fines

However, I realize we can't suspend the whole team.

I would've been satisfied with 10% reduction from "tampering." Then some kind of suspension for Cratos. 

suspension for what? Cursing in an interview?

• Upvote (+1) 1

E6 basically threw their week one matches lol. Didn't even put Stellur in their call. That's pretty damaging to the integrity of matches alone, and that's not mentioning the sign in issue.

They beat Liquid and lost to Optic... Really don't think those outcomes constitute throwing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not really about the punishment itself. It's about the fact that Cratos is now officially acknowledged scumbag.

Feel free to quote/post pictures of things he said in the past. Now it shell never be forgotten.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How hype would it be if E6 said they are going to pay their players the 5% out of their own pockets

i'd be so happy

• Upvote (+1) 2

If ESL were provided with the same proof that we were then what could they do beyond what they did?

All we know for certain is that someone logged into Stellur's account around where the E6 house was. Obviously this is likely from the E6 house but that could have been a guest accidentally logging on for all we know.

You can't straight up ban a player based off of circumstantial evidence, no matter how much of a dick he is.

Yes it seems like a weak punishment, but with the evidence they had there's not much more they could have reasonably done without appearing massively biased.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1