CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's 10:20 AM CST and Maniac is grinding arena solo. I assume he's still up?

Not a huge Optic fan myself, but hopefully this is good news for the #Greenwall folks.

Edit: Flamesword just joined.

https://youtu.be/hoJ4u4GOIVo?t=1390

Give this a watch.

I've never played Extraction, but watching the videos, I can't get a clear understanding on what made it so enjoyable.

It seems like, it's all about establishing a setup in the designated part of the map, then holding that setup for a 30s or so.

Am I reading that right? Perhaps it would seem more interesting on a better map, but it doesn't seem like it would be very good on H5, IMO...

Not a huge Optic fan myself, but hopefully this is good news for the #Greenwall folks.

I think it's more of a chemistry thing at this point as opposed to individual skill. It's weird because they're such good friends outside of game and in game they just can't play well together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its about quality practice, not quantity.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How many times are we going to see posts about Maniac's grinding?

The problem was never the grinding, especially from maniac. He grinded a lot of stream last season.

The problem is the team, and Maniac, just aren't that good (Minus Ace, he's solid) and their practice is just not quality time spent. 

Like Lethul (I think) said, this game's skillgap lies a  lot in the movement, and Maniac is so behind in that regard. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think it's more of a chemistry thing at this point as opposed to individual skill. It's weird because they're such good friends outside of game and in game they just can't play well together.

Simon & Garfunkel made some of the greatest music of all times and they hated each other.

OpTic has had issues for well over a year now and it seems no one has stepped up or addressed it. I like the players on the team, but for the love of god they should split up. At this point too I think it's somewhat of a fear thing of not ending on a possible Pro Team, but knowing you are potentially better than most AM teams and just keep at it and hope for the best. I really do wish the guys the best on the team.

Also, playing doesn't make a difference unless you are actually working on improving as a team with real practice. I'm not going to pretend I know what goes behind the scenes for a lot of these teams, but 2 hours of solid practice is better than 10 hours of random arena grind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never played Extraction, but watching the videos, I can't get a clear understanding on what made it so enjoyable.

It seems like, it's all about establishing a setup in the designated part of the map, then holding that setup for a 30s or so.

Am I reading that right? Perhaps it would seem more interesting on a better map, but it doesn't seem like it would be very good on H5, IMO...

The game was enjoyable due to the simple fact that both teams had to excel at offensive and defensive strategies to be able to compete.

• In Extraction, there is a zone on the map.
  • Any player can start to arm the bomb anywhere within the zone.
  • Once the bomb is armed, the other team has 45 seconds to convert the bomb, resetting the timer.
  • If they fail to convert the bomb within the 45 second time limit, the team that has control of the bomb scores a point, and the zone goes to another section of the map.
  • Repeat.

It's more or less an insane game of tug of war, with both teams having to fight over a neutral objective with different strategies.

• Upvote (+1) 5

looking good 343. 

No mention of spectator passes. Does this mean that spectating the open LANs will be free?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thinking about Extraction in Halo 5 made me realize that Tyrant has an extremely similar layout to Haven. But instead of open lines of sight it has giant walls

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that gives me hope is that each LAN has a 5K FFA. I think this will draw a lot of people to attend that otherwise wouldn't, and those people will form teams because they might as well after making the trip and all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simon & Garfunkel made some of the greatest music of all times and they hated each other.

This instantly makes me think of Believe the Hype 2009. I don't think they all hated each other but I remember Clutch telling me they all talked a ton of shit to each other!

• Upvote (+1) 1

My guess on the weapon skin is the Tron/Neon skin like the one Vetoed posted on here little while ago.

Edit: Vetoed pretty much confirmed it on Twitter.

LET'S GO! I will never change my skin lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AWESOME THING HERE

Kinda off topic but still relevant I think.

If the PC community can come up with a customs browser, by George, this'll be huge. Super stoked to see what comes out of this on the Forge end, as well.

Why isn't the HCS using Forge maps, again? I honestly haven't heard any official reason why, and I'm legit curious.

My guess on the weapon skin is the Tron/Neon skin like the one Vetoed posted on here little while ago.

Edit: Vetoed pretty much confirmed it on Twitter.

LET'S GO! I will never change my skin lmao.

You can see it in this picture:

anvilslegacy_visid_horizontal-73ff3fd935

• Upvote (+1) 1

With 343 releasing big updates like this close to a year after launch I can't help but think H3A isn't coming and H6 is going to release in 2018. I just don't see why 343 would put so much time into content for H5 if they are a year from launching another big title like H3A or H6. If H3A does come it's going to be a campaign remaster and some DLC maps to H5 probably.

I know FS is playing because the gym is closed this morning or theres an event going on (he tweeted it). So its like he has nothing else to do but play Halo. Dont know why Maniac is still playing.   :kappa:

With 343 releasing big updates like this close to a year after launch I can't help but think H3A isn't coming and H6 is going to release in 2018. I just don't see why 343 would put so much time into content for H5 if they are a year from launching another big title like H3A or H6. If H3A does come it's going to be a campaign remaster and some DLC maps to H5 probably.

I think a campaign remaster is unlikely. I could see a large Halo 3 inspired expansion for H5 though. A bunch of H3 maps, some H3 skins/weapons, a playlist with H3 settings etc.

• Upvote (+1) 4