CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I keep seeing this a lot, but can I just clarify that Microsoft has many different server locations? Really weird to see people thinking that being "in the southeast US" is causing them to have bad connections. Like you legit probably have 30-50ms ping to the closest Microsoft data center.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way that it's worded makes it seem like you don't show up on radar when walking normally.

You don't show up on radar if you walk (partial thumbstick movement) or crouch (slower movement). If you run (full thumbstick movement) or sprint, thrust, fire a weapon, you show up on radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok Steven Seagal

Lol is he a big conspiracy theorist now? I just know him for his hilariously bad movies.

@@DaneCook

I was just joking I highly doubt that happened

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blood will be shed when these power rankings come out.

so much parity so far, I would be surprised to see some 1-1 teams get ranked above a team they lost to in pro league and even some undefeated teams ranked middle of the pack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am currently Braedons public defendant and he is not able to speak on what has happened behind the scenes at the moment. 

Well that's a first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really teams should have dedicated subs and Cratos should be forced to sit out of pro league and be ineligible for stipends and winnings.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've defended Cratos time and time again, and love his "villain" persona because I enjoy the drama that he creates in the League. This is not drama, this is outright cheating and trying to tarnish another players name for personal reasons.

I dont care if he's the winningest player, the best player, the friendliest player, the most veteran player. Somebody who cheats and directly affects another players livelihood does not deserve to compete at the highest level of competitive play. What if Stellur hadn't figured it out and HE got punished by ESL for throwing a match(which is what Cratos publicly accused him of during this whole thing...)

I've always had Cratos' back on here when I'm around, but the dude deserves a perma ban for this.

EDIT: People are saying a perma ban is to harsh, why? Its not like the perpetrator didn't know this was against the rules. He knowingly violated the rules and knowingly tried to tarnish another Pro Players name in the process. Why should we "go easy" on this guy? Make an example of him. For every Pro Player, there are thousands of teenagers and adults eager to take their spot. We'll survive without Cratos guys.

Well all your assumptions are just assumptions. There is something called reasonable doubt in the world of justice system. Maybe I just expect a rational thought process from people who are incapable of such task. Recommend reading GEB and Descartes, logic is an important concept. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 14

I keep seeing this a lot, but can I just clarify that Microsoft has many different server locations? Really weird to see people thinking that being "in the southeast US" is causing them to have bad connections. Like you legit probably have 30-50ms ping to the closest Microsoft data center.

They are overreacting,  try playing from outside US . The highest probable ping in inside US is 60ms, that is a decent conection.

They are overreacting,  try playing from outside US . The highest probable ping in inside US is 60ms, that is a decent conection.

Oh I do not doubt that people have a hard time with ping overall. Unfortunately high level matchmaking has to choose a server SOMEWHERE. And that somewhere may not be optimal for you, but optimal for 7 out of 8 players in the game.

I get the complaints, just trying to stop the spreading of misinformation.

Guys, you can't focus on Cratos so much unless we get more evidence or one of them comes forward. Like I said a few pages, I get why people are fixating on him. It seems like he has the motivation, there's his weirdly defensive tweets, interview and that dumbass video... but that's not hard evidence.

What we know is:

- Stellur recovered his account on Showtime's Xbox when he was there

- The disconnection was caused by a sign-in in Colorado.

The only person we can definitely link to that is Showtime. I'm not going to pretend that Cratos hasn't been acting super guilty but I don't think it's fair to make assumptions with regards to actual financial punishment just because we don't like a player. There's just as much hard evidence pointing to Bubu as Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well all your assumptions are just assumptions. There is something called reasonable doubt in the world of justice system. Maybe I just expect a rational thought process from people who are incapable of such task. Recommend reading GEB and Descartes, logic is an important concept.

But we aren't in court. It's a private league with inhouse mediation.

Anyway rational thought tells us that there is a high probability that someone with access to Showtimes Xbox logged into Stellurs account during a league match.

Such circumstatial evidence wouldn't mean much in court, but it's more than enough for the league to act in the interest of their product and to discourage future misconduct.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well all your assumptions are just assumptions. There is something called reasonable doubt in the world of justice system. Maybe I just expect a rational thought process from people who are incapable of such task. Recommend reading GEB and Descartes, logic is an important concept. 

I assure you that you dont need to teach me about the American Justice system. Since your comment seemed a little barbed, I'll give you some background. I studied and majored four years of Law Enforcement and Justice Administration and received a minor is in Homeland Security. Use your logic and dont assume anything about anybody on here. Dont be an ass.

My assumptions, if correct, can be proven by Microsoft surely, and the evidence that Stellur posted points towards Cratos, or his teammates being the guilty party here. This isn't the court of law, this is Team Beyond. If I had my way, I'd have the whole team removed from the HCS, including the organization.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1