CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

20-25k aren't that bad imo

i was expecting closer to 50k per but it's a step in the right direction

never expected 100k

• Upvote (+1) 4

So we have two open LANs, regionals, and worlds (i'm assuming those are still things)? That's pretty sick.

That's not where 3rd party prize money comes from. Outside sponsors, and that's very difficult for Halo in a PC dominated esports climate.

Yes but perhaps Mcirosoft could make more effort to provide their own open prize pools. They've done it with Gears of War.

That's not where 3rd party prize money comes from. Outside sponsors, and that's very difficult for Halo in a PC dominated esports climate.

I don't think people are upset with eSports Arena (since it's actually a place in California). PGL/343/HCS/MS should have picked a Midwest/East Coast venue though, that would have been the most logical thing for people all over the country.

To top it off, how old are Open AM players these days? I stopped competing seriously when I was about 21 or so. Have to imagine a lot of players are still under the age that's good for Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seriously considering booking a week off to attend the Vegas event in November partially just because it's in Vegas and that's something I have to do at least once...

• Upvote (+1) 2

20-25k aren't that bad imo

i was expecting closer to 50k per but it's a step in the right direction

never expected 100k

They are testing new waters. Next season we will something major, but ONLY, if these events are well attended. In fact, I hope we smash it. I hope 100 teams turn up (never happening) and 343 see what they've missed out on.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Microsoft, one of the largest and richest companies in the world.

They got that way by having other people give them money, not the other way around. They want sponsors, tickets, and other revenue streams to support the events not their deep pockets. 

Rich people who do philanthropy usually give there a small amount of their own money to some extent, but the majority of the money they raise is from other sources.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously considering booking a week off to attend the Vegas event in November partially just because it's in Vegas and that's something I have to do at least once...

Need a companion? :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh absolutely. I with we could get a Midwest like everyone else. I just think people need to temper expectations. Halo doesn't have the viewership or sponsorship pull that PC games have, and the console market is dominated by CoD.

This is a step in the right direction and people need to realize that 343/MS doing anything for Esports is a good thing. Not all games have developerror support.

The only question I have, will T2 be there next to you again

It is, but in the same token a lot of this stuff is so obvious to people that understand the scene it shouldn't be an issue. I really do hope the Vegas event has a lot of fans and players there, but looking at the peak of Halo 3, stuff like this scares me.

I+don+t+know+why+that+map+reminded+me+of

The best part about Halo 3 is that it peaked TWO YEARS after it launched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh absolutely. I with we could get a Midwest like everyone else. I just think people need to temper expectations. Halo doesn't have the viewership or sponsorship pull that PC games have, and the console market is dominated by CoD.

This is a step in the right direction and people need to realize that 343/MS doing anything for Esports is a good thing. Not all games have developerror support.

This is true lets not forget Halo is an exclusive title on the the least popular current gen platform.

For the Fall 2016 Season, HCS Open Circuit online matches in North America will also be broadcasted in addition to HCS Pro League matches

Havent seen anyone mention this yet. So we have broadcasted, top level Halo 4 nights a week? Im down.

Plz try not to put a 4 after the word Halo ever again .
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Where are people expecting this mystical prize money to come from?

wrnnbb5L50jLy.gif

1st Place: 1 Year Xbox Live Gold Membership and 30 Gold Req Packs.  :laughing: (still need your moms credit card for when it renews)

• Upvote (+1) 3

YESSS.  A new thread to keep me busy just as soon as classes are starting up.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Need a companion? :)

Maybe. It's still a bit early to tell, I doubt I'll be sure about going until tickets are on sale.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean when they added maps to it not named "Snowbound" "Isolation" or "Epitaph"?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

No it didn't, opening weekend Halo3 had over 1.5 million users.
  • Upvote (+1) 1