CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think part of it has to do with Halo's split screen roots. Even if you didn't say anything you knew everything that was happening on your teammate's screen. When they transitioned to full screens they probably felt lost and naturally wanted to communicate as much information as possible to teammates.

There's that famous 7 second cap in battle creek too where zyos is watching everyone's screens and literally commanding them how to position to support teammates. Much easier to coordinate and correct people on split screen because you can see if they didn't hear your communication if they aren't acting on it. I miss that with modern Halo.

do you have a clip of that or something? sounds really interesting. also did anyone clip whatever Ninja did to Ace?

as a sidenote, how do you think the Gears scene will compare to Halo's in a year? Obviously there's a lot of optimism around the former and pessimism around the latter but realistically, what do you guys think?

Halo has growing pains but it is growing, and tbh I'm not sure how big the Gears scene was back when it was more of a thing. I'm just wondering, it'll be interesting to compare the two communities and developers going forward.

Didn't these forums (community) basically get him that casting gig?

I wouldn't say as much but we all shared our sentiments on how he did a great job even just solo commentating over challenger league games

do you have a clip of that or something? sounds really interesting. also did anyone clip whatever Ninja did to Ace?

as a sidenote, how do you think the Gears scene will compare to Halo's in a year? Obviously there's a lot of optimism around the former and pessimism around the latter but realistically, what do you guys think? Halo has growing pains but it is growing, and tbh I'm not sure how big the Gears scene was back when it was more of a thing.

I'm just wondering, it'll be interesting to compare the two communities and developers going forward.

I've never really grinded gears of way but I will 1000% be playing it over Halo 5 as my main game if MM issues and constant map "unbalancing" are constantly occurring. I'm sick of 4 v 1+1+1+1

• Upvote (+1) 3

Scrim scores for ALG:

ALG 5-2 Aries/TireIron/Brainstrms/Renegade

ALG 3-0 Xrossfade/Stresss/Blaze/Kaiss

ALG 5-2 Enigma6

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just got back. was worried if eg was going to struggle vs optic. were the games close?

Something interesting from Maniac's stream. Most people say that Maniac is the main issue when it comes to their practice schedule, yet Baby J's team wanted to scrim them, but Ace said he'd rather play some arena and go for a break. Maniac replied with the suggestion that Ace isn't about the grind and they both had some form of disagreement as Ace had something 'he could say, but won't' also, Ace said he'd only want to play top teams. Right after this, they went up against them in team arena with 3 of them as aPG had disconnected, but got beat 100 - 32. Take from this what you will, but at the very least it shows that Maniac is at least starting to get his ass into gear.

• Upvote (+1) 3

so odd, maniac and apg do fine in pro 8s against other top pros. but play bad  together on optic. It is not lack of skill for sure. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fan-made @@MaNiaC montage that was shared on his stream tonight. BtH  :simms:

That was cool (Need more Pro H5 montages!)

Maybe this can serve as a bit of motivation for Maniac

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something interesting from Maniac's stream. Most people say that Maniac is the main issue when it comes to their practice schedule, yet Baby J's team wanted to scrim them, but Ace said he'd rather play some arena and go for a break. Maniac replied with the suggestion that Ace isn't about the grind and they both had some form of disagreement as Ace had something 'he could say, but won't' also, Ace said he'd only want to play top teams. Right after this, they went up against them in team arena with 3 of them as aPG had disconnected, but got beat 100 - 32. Take from this what you will, but at the very least it shows that Maniac is at least starting to get his ass into gear.

Witnessed this. Honestly, Ace is pry just getting sick of all of it. 14-0'd by EG...I wouldn't want to scrim an AM team after that...

as a sidenote, how do you think the Gears scene will compare to Halo's in a year? Obviously there's a lot of optimism around the former and pessimism around the latter but realistically, what do you guys think?

Halo has growing pains but it is growing, and tbh I'm not sure how big the Gears scene was back when it was more of a thing. I'm just wondering, it'll be interesting to compare the two communities and developers going forward.

Probably this clip is what he's talking about

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did anyone see the EU scrims last night?  The new dinosaurs got stomped by the new vibe roster.  It was pretty rough to watch but in all fairness the Dinos are really new and the BUKs were not playing anywhere near their best.  Dino 0 - Vibe 4 (This was the score when the stream stopped)

Fabe with Jimbo played pretty well, although there were definitely a few communication issues but again they have time to gel yet.  If they gel, that roster has an insane amount of potential (not that all of their rosters didnt either but there is alot of slaying power there).  Fabe 4 Infused 1 (Score when stream stopped)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are they releasing more team skins for h5? I dont know if they said anything on it 

I hope so, hopefully some EU ones this time as well.

Edit - Sorry about the multiple posts in a row, just catching up on things.  Will aim to multi-quote more.

343 would rather have PGL and EsportsArena to host events for them rather than having MLG. #Prayers.

It is what it is. 343 clearly have their reasons for not wanting to work with MLG. That's all we know.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a huge deal and it won't severely impact my enjoyment of the scene. The HWC Regionals were probably the most well-produced HCS event, granted, but it's not like the ESL-run events have been bad. They seem to be lightening up on stuff like not releasing prize pool amounts/rules and releasing tickets last minute, and I'd say these were much bigger issues than which TO is running things.

PGL did a great job with the Indianapolis event last year IIRC. I'm a bit skeptical on eSA, but we'll see how that turns out when we get there.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 3

PGL did a great job with the Indianapolis event last year

One of the most fun events I ever attended as a freelance caster and the PGL guys where awesome to work with. Best of luck to them with Open, excited to see what they do in Vegas!

• Upvote (+1) 4

It is what it is. 343 clearly have their reasons for not wanting to work with MLG. That's all we know.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a huge deal

This post deserves a super mega neg rep

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I remember after Worlds, APG talked about how Ace wouldn't go over film... so APG would do it for him and give him the cliff notes. Definitely seemed annoyed.

Ace is a top 4 talent who is content on the 8th place team... need I say more?

• Upvote (+1) 3