CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel like getting rid of CTF replays would almost single handedly solve the issue of finishing too late.

Not only that, but it puts a massive downer on the proceedings, all the great plays of a tense and close game get wiped and count for nothing when you replay. But keep playing and all those 'PogChamp' moments have a chance to add up to a clutch win after a stalemate. The momentum is kept rather then restarted in the middle of a series.

and cut down the downtime between matches and series by 30%.  If the night is running late, skip the interview or make it very short.

Any tie needs to go into IMMEDIATE sudden-death.  first cap wins period. not a 3 minute overtime, not a full replay first, immediate, unlimited, sudden death overtime.  This helps out the casters and the viewers.  Its more intense for the viewers and prevents the casters from basically having to make shit up for another 12 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Cratos interview was good, EG interview was piss funny.

GG's.

I didn't even watch the cratos interview.  I have no interest in hearing him speak anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some options/ideas for flag:

12min, 3 min overtime. In OT no matter the score whether it's 0-0 or 1-1, next cap wins. Still tied? Restart game, next cap wins.

15 min game time. Still tied? Restart game, next cap wins.

I think he means dominance in the way of gameplay. Not dominance in that they haven't lost a major. 

Solid gameplay would, imo, mean you play well enough to win in most situations but it's not perfect. Dominate gameplay would mean having almost no mistakes and giving the other team no chance at taking the series. OpTic clearly just played "solid" last night. Which may be because they didn't have enough practice or it may be because EG is getting better. Or, more likely, it's a bit of both.

People have been trashing RoyBox and Ninja all year for not playing enough. Never has it been a reason to lift them up and say "Oh yeah... they're actually better than the team they lost to, they just don't play enough." OpTic lost. Whether or not it's because they didn't have enough practice, we don't know but I'm sure we'll find out next week. Let's not use the not practicing excuse to put down one team while using it to lift up another. 

I wasn't thinking of it that way. I was thinking more from what I see Optic has solid aiming, tactics, opening strats, and movement, or in other words a solid understanding of the gameplay of Halo 5 that allows them to dominate.

To me saying you have solid gameplay is the same as saying you have dominant gameplay. Because you have to be solid at the game in order to excel. That's what confused me because I didn't see how they are really all that different since from my POV they are essentially the same thing.

And to be fair, I have never trashed Roybox or Ninja like others have. And I certainly don't think Optic not having a lot of practice recently is the only reason they lost, it's a factor, sure. But I would never insinuate that EG didn't deserve the win 100%.

Sure I support Optic the most out of all the teams but I also support Halo as a whole more then any single player or team as well and seeing competition like this makes me happy. I would never devalue a win like that but I also like talking about why things happened the way they did.

It's like when T2 talks about WHY a play went down, it's interesting to hear.

^What is there to clarify? That summed it up. I just think you didn't really try to understand my post in the first place.

You summed it up so well I was left asking questions. Got it.

I'm still confused on why the overtime rules aren't the same as they've always been. 30 minute game time(ok 24 in halo 5),regulation is 12 minutes, if a team is up after regulation they win. If it's tied it just keeps going to sudden death. These restarts are just ridiculous and completely ruin the flow. Example is how EG would've won Fathom CTF after 15 minutes instead of 35 if OT rules were the same as they've always been. It's such a little and easy thing that would make it so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didn't even watch the cratos interview.  I have no interest in hearing him speak anymore.

large.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And to be fair, I have never trashed Roybox or Ninja like others have. And I certainly don't think Optic not having a lot of practice recently is the only reason they lost, it's a factor, sure. But I would never insinuate that EG didn't deserve the win 100%.Su

Sure I support Optic the most out of all the teams but I also support Halo as a whole more then any single player or team as well and seeing competition like this makes me happy. I would never devalue a win like that.

The second part of that post wasn't directed specifically at you. Just an in general response to some of what I've been reading through this morning. Guess I could have worded it better. 

This season is definitely off to a killer start. I can't imagine anyone would have guessed that both nV and OpTic would be 1-1 at the end of the first week. As much as I hated seeing Snip3down leave EG, the roster mania at the end of season 1 significantly improved the HCS. Almost all of these teams have a shot now and it's going to make each week that much more enjoyable to watch.  

I'm still confused on why the overtime rules aren't the same as they've always been. 30 minute game time(ok 24 in halo 5),regulation is 12 minutes, if a team is up after regulation they win. If it's tied it just keeps going to sudden death. These restarts are just ridiculous and completely ruin the flow. Example is how EG would've won Fathom CTF after 15 minutes instead of 35 if OT rules were the same as they've always been. It's such a little and easy thing that would make it so much better.

Agreed 100%. As crazy as that first CTF match was, it really didn't need to go on that long. These matches really shouldn't be running as late as they are. Makes it hard for anyone on the east coast with a job to stay up and watch them all. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How long does Hecz let flame and maniac stay in the house? Flame is just GTL'ing jersey shore style and Maniac is on the cusp of being the best music producer ever

He'll let them stay indefinitely as long as they're liked, just like he has with every other member who currently lives in the house but doesn't compete anymore (BigT, MBoze).  There was like a year-long period wherein BigTymer was spending all of his time focusing on the stock market, he wasn't streaming or putting out any videos, and Hecz still let him stay in the house.

He'll let them stay indefinitely as long as they're liked, just like he has with every other member who currently lives in the house but doesn't compete anymore (BigT, MBoze).  There was like a year-long period wherein BigTymer was spending all of his time focusing on the stock market, he wasn't streaming or putting out any videos, and Hecz still let him stay in the house.

This actually makes sense ... he said in his post-Vision video that players pay for their own food and internet, so it costs Hecz literally nothing to let ex-players stay in the OpTic house (given that he has enough free space, which he seems to, that place is huge).  

Worlds or Orange County. World is going to have the best Halo of all time with great production value and hopefully a sweet venue. 

Orange County will be an open and from the MLG opens I've seen it should be a very fun time with a different vibe. 

Vegas is open too.

Optic will remain the best to me unless they fall short at Finals in convincing fashion. Or they proceed to get 3-0'd in every Pro League match from this point on. I don't think neither will happen. I take these Pro League matches with a grain of salt. Every week can bring something completely different.

T2 did an excellent job these past two days. I was watching the Cards/Giants game and found myself actually muting the baseball game instead of muting the stream. I have always been a fan of his when he competed and now in the booth. Good stuff all around.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Accidental mobile neg. Haven't done that in a while. Sorry.

UqfmU4r.gif

It's cool  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

You just described first to 3 caps with an unlimited timer.

that would be pretty fun come to think of it
  • Upvote (+1) 1

After hearing T2 cast, I desperately hope we never go back to having anyone else. I couldn't stand to hear the same generic terms and phrases repeated over and over by our usual casters. It is so nice to have a caster who will actually acknowledge and explain the mistakes that led to a player's death rather than just hearing "oh and he's taken down.."

• Upvote (+1) 4

that would be pretty fun come to think of it

...till the first 15 min standoff of no one moving a muscle. There needs to be a break just cuz there needs to be desperate times, needs be times to set things in motion. Fun idea on paper tho!

After Week 1 of HCS

I appreciate the dankness of the gif, I have it saved as well, but you need to work on your gif timing. I'll give it an 8/10 on the Dank scale but a 4/10 on execution. An appropriate time would be when a higher population is concurrently browsing.

You'll catch some more later as some will go back to catch up but overall it's a 6/10. Here's a +1 :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1