CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lethul's movement is so good man. It's also impossible to find a 1v1 against a member of clg and if you do odds are its to bait you out so Royal 2 can rip your face off. (I'm aware this is known but I haven't had a night off to appreciate a full scrim.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Optic also gave up a Trip cap when they were up 99 - ~75

I think also someone got 3 kills with OS and then 1 person went pit and another person went Red instead of both committing to red there.  Idk if that is the right play or not but i feel like splitting up, especially being alone in pit knowing 3 people are about to spawn blue, is kind of a low percentage play. 

N.E.E.D. vs E6 is currently 8-5 in favor of N.E.E.D, sadly no one is streaming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was actually ExTL 11 - 3 E6

Oh geeze I read Halo5arena wrong, thanks for correcting 

EG all dropped out of discord and started shitting.

As in "shitting on OG" or "shitting the bed"?

Doesnt look like Optic are going to recover from that Empire loss. Just a slaughter now

Zip Power Rankings (since I'm procrastinating on pre-class problems for tomorrow's 9:30AM)

1) CLG

2) Ex-TL/N.E.E.D

3) TL

4) nV

5) E6

6) EG

7) ALG

8) Elevate  :apg:

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've said for a long time that communication is where Halo players excel and where most Esports have room to grow. I've been working with a few high level Overwatch teams as a 'Communications Consultant' or something to help them develop those skills, because even at the highest level of Overwatch it's laughably far behind Halo communication.

I think part of it has to do with Halo's split screen roots. Even if you didn't say anything you knew everything that was happening on your teammate's screen. When they transitioned to full screens they probably felt lost and naturally wanted to communicate as much information as possible to teammates.

There's that famous 7 second cap in battle creek too where zyos is watching everyone's screens and literally commanding them how to position to support teammates. Much easier to coordinate and correct people on split screen because you can see if they didn't hear your communication if they aren't acting on it. I miss that with modern Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else think that OpTic should drop aPG?

Honestly, if the org really cared about winning in halo, they should've done what TL did and bought out another team's spot. Starting completely fresh seems like the best option at this point. I don't think any iteration of Optic with the current core roster can do any better than 6th.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, if the org really cared about winning in halo, they should've done what TL did and bought out another team's spot. It's probably too late for that at this point.

Arguing Semantics here, but TL didn't buy out another team's spot.  We just signed the players from another team (while maintaining ties to one of its already contracted players, in Spartan), and thereby acquired that spot.

And then released the players holding our previous spot.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Arguing Semantics here, but TL didn't buy out another team's spot.  We just signed the players from another team, and thereby acquired that spot.

And then released the players holding our previous spot.

Okay well Optic should've done this^^^ then lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

*snip

I agree, they dropped their leader because he was being vocal and no one respected it. Maniac leads by sighing and saying "idk I mean" and then the game starts. It's a video game but that is not a man I would follow into battle.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So there's a pretty decent chance that Optic could be worse this season, and the AM teams going to relegations could be better. Will this be Optic's last season in Pro League? Will they even quality for HWC?