CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hopefully no one actually things that EG is a better team than OpTic?  OpTic were playing terribly that series, seems like an off night (hadn't seen them scrim as a team for ages)

They may not be a better team overall than Optic, but I think it's definitely an accomplishment worth noting. EG has been getting stomped by CLG since X-Games, and Ninja and Victory have never taken a series from CLG thus far. Plus, out of two Pro League seasons, this is CLG's second series loss. If they clean up their game they can definitely contend for the top. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honest question: when a pro tweets "tomorrow" at 4:58 Friday morning does he mean that night or Saturday?

i'd assume that night

I fairly certain the majority of people still know Optic is still the best team/the team to beat. Optic seemed off and EG was playing very well and were able to capitalize. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

OpTic used to be just better than every team on every map and in every aspect. Now a lot of teams have caught up to them at some things but OpTic overall is still better than everyone. I don't think they will drop a bo7 this season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was gonna be like "Come on, it's a team effort.  No one truly carries in HCS." then I looked at the stats...

de6cb62eb3f2dce0711fe0d9ce60c1a2.png

StelluR was putting in work.

It seems like I picked a really REALLY shitty week to miss most of Pro League.

I personally think this was the best thing Stellur could have done for himself. He went god-mode and carried the team he's getting dropped from in spite of them. No one will question his competitive spirit.

As a long time Instinct/EG fan it was pretty cool to see EG really just turn back the clocks last night and play some gritty out teamwork the other team Halo. I don't know how much longer I'll get to watch my favorite players play so seeing that win was awesome considering the fact they just couldn't take a win from this Optic squad in almost a year.

I do think the outside factors have impacted the Optic squad. Below adequate amounts of practice will impact any team. EG last season was easily the number 2 team and they took 2 weeks off and they were never even close to the same.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I fairly certain the majority of people still know Optic is still the best team/the team to beat. Optic seemed off and EG was playing very well at was able to capitalize. 

Yep. I'll still be cheering for Optic/LG all the way.

It's not like they rolled over either. EG fought hard for their win and deserved it.

As a long time Instinct/EG fan it was pretty cool to see EG really just turn back the clocks last night and play some gritty out teamwork the other team Halo. I don't know how much longer I'll get to watch my favorite players play so seeing that win was awesome considering the fact they just couldn't take a win from this Optic squad in almost a year.

I do think the outside factors have impacted the Optic squad. Below adequate amounts of practice will impact any team. EG last season was easily the number 2 team and they took 2 weeks off and they were never even close to the same.

I'm confused. They didn't get practice? I thought they were still playing, just not streaming because of the change to Optic and lethul moving around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

late post as had to go dark until i'd caught up with last nights matches. Great casting, stories and rivalries, 4 amazing matches. Roy seems to be getting his shot back and Victory X proving doubters wrong. Pro League is unrecognisable from last season (except for players missing every shot and getting a perfect medal......)

OpTic used to be just better than every team on every map and in every aspect. Now a lot of teams have caught up to them at some things but OpTic overall is still better than everyone. I don't think they will drop a bo7 this season.

I think they have not had quality practice for a couple weeks while Lord @@LethuL & Co. were working on the Optic details.  They are going to grind together this week like nobody's business and maybe drop 1 map in week 2 matches.

Edit: Favorite thing T2 says = "gives him the business" or any iteration thereof.

I think they have not had quality practice for a couple weeks while Lord @@LethuL & Co. were working on the Optic details.  They are going to grind together this week like nobody's business and maybe drop 1 map in week 2 matches.

snakebite himself said they couldn't find scrims the whole week during or after the NV scrim

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully no one actually things that EG is a better team than OpTic? OpTic were playing terribly that series, seems like an off night (hadn't seen them scrim as a team for ages)

Who in their right mind would ignorantly say EG is now the better team? Any knowledgeable fan knows EG was better tonight sure, but overall Optic is still the world champs. You don't need to make excuses for them. They will prove their superiority or lack there of in the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully no one actually things that EG is a better team than OpTic?  OpTic were playing terribly that series, seems like an off night (hadn't seen them scrim as a team for ages)

Optic weren't playing terribly. They were playing solid. But Optic isn't known for solid play. They're known for their dominance. However, EG is pretty much a recently formed team. Optic is the only team that has stuck together for such a significant amount of time and EG still took them to town. My point is, we could argue all day about the specifics and which mattered more, but in the end, EG won when it counted. Let's not act like there's some asterisk we have to put next to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Optic weren't playing terribly. They were playing solid. But Optic isn't known for solid play. They're known for their dominance. However, EG is pretty much a recently formed team. Optic is the only team that has stuck together for such a significant amount of time and EG still took them to town. My point is, we could argue all day about the specifics and which mattered more, but in the end, EG won when it counted. Let's not act like there's some asterisk we have to put next to it.

*EG is the new Barry Bonds of the HCS.*

• Upvote (+1) 3

If a flag game is tied 2-2 the overtime should just keep going. (OT 2..... OT 3 etc.) having full replays is so stupid. Having a continuous OT system would only take some minor tweaking too. Same applies for 1-1 tie, first team to take a lead at the end of an OT wins, or first to 3 still. 

If a flag game is tied 2-2 the overtime should just keep going. (OT 2..... OT 3 etc.) having full replays is so stupid. Having a continuous OT system would only take some minor tweaking too

You just described first to 3 caps with an unlimited timer.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

How do you dominate without having solid play to back it up...? Your post makes no sense.

Also if people are discussing why a match was won or lost, you talk about the factors, all of them that went into it. You don't just avoid talking about it just because you like a team more. Some people are interested in the specifics, why ignore it?

I feel like getting rid of CTF replays would almost single handedly solve the issue of finishing too late.

Not only that, but it puts a massive downer on the proceedings, all the great plays of a tense and close game get wiped and count for nothing when you replay. But keep playing and all those 'PogChamp' moments have a chance to add up to a clutch win after a stalemate. The momentum is kept rather then restarted in the middle of a series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you dominate without having solid play to back it up...? Your post makes no sense.

Also if people are discussing why a match was won or lost, you talk about the factors, all of them that went into it. You don't just avoid talking about it just because you like a team more.

Lol. What?

Dominant play > Solid play

Get outta here.

Lol. What?

Dominant play > Solid play

Get outta here.

Was that comment really needed? You could clarify what you mean so that I understand instead of being an ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was that comment really needed? You could clarify what you mean so that I understand instead of being an ass.

I think he means dominance in the way of gameplay. Not dominance in that they haven't lost a major. 

Solid gameplay would, imo, mean you play well enough to win in most situations but it's not perfect. Dominate gameplay would mean having almost no mistakes and giving the other team no chance at taking the series. OpTic clearly just played "solid" last night. Which may be because they didn't have enough practice or it may be because EG is getting better. Or, more likely, it's a bit of both.

People have been trashing RoyBox and Ninja all year for not playing enough. Never has it been a reason to lift them up and say "Oh yeah... they're actually better than the team they lost to, they just don't play enough." OpTic lost. Whether or not it's because they didn't have enough practice, we don't know but I'm sure we'll find out next week. Let's not use the not practicing excuse to put down one team while using it to lift up another. 
  • Upvote (+1) 4

But Optic isn't known for solid play. They're known for their dominance.

^What is there to clarify? That summed it up. I just think you didn't really try to understand my post in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1