CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How much do you guys think H3CZ paid to buyout CLG?

i heard the CLG contracts expired and they just signed with OG

so no buyout

Yeah as a long time CLG fan it was really weird to see how they were always portrayed as the "villains" even though they have 3 really humble players and Lxthul. Sure, Frosty and Royal 2 throw some body disrespect in and talk some shit (in their own comms) every once in a while, but I still see them as very humble for the amount of success they've seen. 

I suppose it was a mixture of how Lxthul left EG, how he got 2gre dropped, and how much people love the twins/snipedown that turned everyone against them. 

I wasn't aware people ever really thought of them as the villain. Nobody that actually watched their streams could have. They're actually generally pretty funny and positive when they aren't strictly playing the game and even then its almost never actually anything negative. Every time they tried to sort of put them in that position on pro league streams or w/e it just felt awkward and forced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those are all such minimal issues and are unfortunately just a hazard of doing a live show - audio issues and dealing with unexpected changes happen on live TV shows too, sometimes you just can't plan for it and the audience has to be a bit forgiving.

The graphics were fine in my book, the same style as used previously in H5 tournaments and certainly very clear and well laid out. I don't get why people want on-screen information to be enclosed in some kind of stupid faux-technological over-detailed overlay. Simple and clean-cut is best, especially when trying to attract new fans.

As for casters, sure another caster could work out but bear in mind this is a pro-league, not a massive live event, and that Halo as an esport just does not have the same budget it used to. Having two really solid-looking casters in a good looking studio delivering what I considered to be far less formulaic and much more interesting interviews is fine with me - its similar to your usual Saturday evening sports show, and doesn't need to be overly crowded with personalities and talent.

Serious question, what would it take to please you? Because honestly I feel that ESL did the best they could to address the complaints from last season and that last night's show was a much more refined and enjoyable viewing experience.

Framing your question as "Serious question, what would it take to please you?" implies that they've done a lot and I'm just being impossible. I just disagree that there has really been any substantive improvement from S1, outside of T2 coming in - which we all called for. With all the drama and story lines it would have been really hard not to enjoy yesterday, and I think most people here are letting that cloud their judgement of the actual stream. Why don't they do player interviews or some sort of video piece before the games? (Just one thought)

Re-reading your post, I guess to you it comes down to budget and popularity. You think this extremely basic stream is fine because Halo isn't the biggest esport and that drives the budget available for this. That's fine to think, and may be true, but I have a hard time buying into two people talking to each other over an awkward height desk for hours with almost no graphics or video pieces is a good stream.

Super excited for today's games. Let's go EG.

so no buyout

Wait, wouldn't this violate the roster transfer rules????

Nvm keep forgetting that the spot belongs to the players not the orgs.

As a fan of Team Chaos, I haven't been this into Halo in a while. Between Stellur/E6 drama, Optic dropping an entire team and picking up CLG, T2 taking shots at everyone, Liquid 3-0ing NV (I really like NV and the guys on the team - but I pull for chaos), and everyone in general going nuts, I was glued to my computer screen all day yesterday. 

I have no strong feelings one way or the other towards Lethul, but dammit that guy knows how to stir the pot of Halo's biggest shit storms. 

I watched maybe 5 minutes of pro league all last season, and I watched most of the matches last night. It's gonna be a good season. LET CHAOS REIGN. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know you're somewhat of a prophet right now, but don't you think 20k is a stretch? We didn't really see an increase when EG played last night.

i think now that vision has been up on youtube for a day and lots of people found out overnight that clg was acquired the numbers will increase. we saw 13k when optic was playing. i think 20k is not too far of a stretch. ninja roybox and optic are probably the 3 biggest halo fandoms.

edit: there were like 15k people watching vision, overnight the video already has 100k and people in the comments are asking who lxthul is. i think it will peak lots of peoples interest.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think now that vision has been up on youtube for a day and lots of people found out overnight that clg was acquired the numbers will increase. we saw 13k when optic was playing. i think 20k is not too far of a stretch. ninja roybox and optic are probably the 3 biggest halo fandoms.

Have you already grouped together Lxthul and the Cummies with Optic fans?

:lxthul:

edit: there were like 15k people watching vision, overnight the video already has 100k and people in the comments are asking who lxthul is. i think it will peak lots of peoples interest.

#InW0uldWeTrust
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah I get your reasoning I just don't think ninja and roybox are going to bring in an additional 5-7k viewers. 

so no buyout

Wasn't it a case if some players expired. So they only had to buu out the rest?

Could it maybe, just maybe, be possible that Liquid is a really good team?

Nah, NV fans say things like "Kryptonite" and "matchups are crazy".

Nah, NV fans say things like "Kryptonite" and "matchups are crazy".

Don't forget "200+ ping" and "24+ hours without sleep."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope, it's just matchups.

Liquid is good, and if they continue to dominate nV, that will be 2 wins that will be tough to come by for LG, E6, EG and ALG. That puts them in great position to get into the LAN.

Also, maybe new nV is reverse nV. Good at scrims bad at matches, where as old nV was bad at scrims and good at matches.

nV got 3-0ed?? By LIQUID??

how tf?

I think Mikwen had stated earlier that TL had their number last night. As we have also seen in scrims, NV struggles against the TL play style. I think as the season progresses and the teams start to gel together more, NV will eventually figure out how to take down TL. We will have to wait and see, though! 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1