CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good enough for what? Good enough to know what's best for competitive settings? No.

Top 10-15% is nothing impressive considering this game has an overwhelmingly casual audience.

Compared to every other console shooter H5 has arguably the most diehard audience at this point in it's lifecycle. No social playlist means what's left of the casuals are primarily in the Featured playlist, breakout, BTB, WZ, etc. The majority of players consistently in the Team Arena playlist are sweaties/tryhards.

The state of the game at release scared off the casuals and that's why we're left with the current population. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am not sure about other people, but I really do not like the Pro League being on Thursday and Friday nights. I was busy for almost every single match (especially the later ones) last season.

Optic fans only care about CoD I highly doubt that is gonna happen. Probably a spike in viewers in their first matches and then they are gonna lose interest.

Yeah, it will probably go from 4,000 viewers to like 40,000 if they get to the finals though.

I think on average viewership GoW gets about 4,000 in NA.

I am not sure about other people, but I really do not like the Pro League being on Thursday and Friday nights. I was busy for almost every single match (especially the later ones) last season.

Matches are on Wednesdays and Thursdays for the Fall Season.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Matches are on Wednesdays and Thursdays for the Fall Season.

Awesome. I should be able to watch a lot more then. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, the team Optic picked up for Gears is like the CLG of Gears of War.

They've won nearly everything in UE. 

Optic does it again, only thing slacking is the Halo team still...  :simms:

OpTic CS is looking promising too. They just made a roster change and beat the team dominating the NA scene right now to qualify for a $300k LAN in china

Are they releasing more team skins for h5? I dont know if they said anything on it 

Elumnite accidentally leaked something about nV skins before Fall Season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are they releasing more team skins for h5? I dont know if they said anything on it 

Also would love an answer to this  :holmes:

Elumnite accidentally leaked something about nV skins before Fall Season.

And if that wasn't clear enough, they did call the first set of skins "series 1" for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hecz talks about how passionate the developer is behind Gears and how it motivated him to pick up a team. It makes him happy that theres all that dev support.

Pretty awesome stuff for Gears.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hecz talks about how passionate the developer is behind Gears and how it motivated him to pick up a team. It makes him happy that theres all that dev support.

Pretty awesome stuff for Gears.

Yeah, i just hope Gears 4 is going to be a good game it would suck if the game is sub-par 

Yeah, i just hope Gears 4 is going to be a good game it would suck if the game is sub-par 

I'm sure it'll be a banger. The Coalition know their stuff and Rod Fergusson is no slouch. Somehow they are going to ship a complete game with couch co-op (IIRC), campaign, Horde mode, and MP at launch. 

Didn't know you could do that these days. 

Plus it has actual LAN support too or UE did so no need for a private server. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, evidently they have balanced the game separately  for competitive play, going so far as the change weapon spread and  auto aim for the comp side. So, they certainly have a very competitive game, and they won't have to deal with "well the casual players expect this or that" being an excuse not to implement or remove things. I have heard mostly good things as well. 

Well, evidently they have balanced the game separately  for competitive play, going so far as the change weapon spread and  auto aim for the comp side. So, they certainly have a very competitive game, and they won't have to deal with "well the casual players expect this or that" being an excuse not to implement or remove things. I have heard mostly good things as well. 

Why not just make that the default game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure it'll be a banger. The Coalition know their stuff and Rod Fergusson is no slouch. Somehow they are going to ship a complete game with couch co-op (IIRC), campaign, Horde mode, and MP at launch. 

Didn't know you could do that these days. 

Plus it has actual LAN support too or UE did so no need for a private server. 

Good im glad to hear that, Gears deserves everything good that is happening to the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not just make that the default game?

Casuals. Maybe they'll have a MLG playlist that's separate from a regular Arena type playlist? That would make sense. 

I just realized 343 has no intention of fixing spectator mode, lol.

We've known this since one of the EU casters said that it would only be available on LAN builds shortly after it was revealed 

We've known this since one of the EU casters said that it would only be available on LAN builds shortly after it was revealed 

?