CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

+1 for pistol only. Maybe throw regret in there somehow as well. The hcs FFA had truth and regret, however I don't like how the power weapons and power ups were included.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are some fuggin goons. I've been out of the loop lately with some odd working hours, and this morning I figured I could catch up on some Beyond type intel, and I wasn't disappointed- dank memes, pipe dreams, and raw teams. What I can't figure out is how you fucking savages made it to page 39 already on a thread started yesterday afternoon.

What have I missed? How are my Boys in Blue doing after that loss to Liquid?

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that news of the Open-LAN variety was met with such hostility. It definitely could be more convenient logistically, which I'm sure would lead to a more expansive reach. However, OPEN LAN. That's good news. It's a step in the right direction, even if it's more of a look-my-baby-just-took-his-first-step-actually-he-tripped step.

Open LAN? Check

Prize Pool transparency? Check

Riptide and Overgrowth?  :apg:

Carry on, Beyonders.

RIP Cooper

RIP W0uld's self-esteem

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone been getting shot through the lava stream on Molten? I was playing Slayer last night and idk if it was lag but I swear to god on more than one occasion I was getting shot through the Lava? 

Pistol starts with a BR P2 and Carbine Car2 would be ideal imo, but I get it if making a map for it isn't something you guys want to do.

You guys are some fuggin goons. I've been out of the loop lately with some odd working hours, and this morning I figured I could catch up on some Beyond type intel, and I wasn't disappointed- dank memes, pipe dreams, and raw teams. What I can't figure out is how you fucking savages made it to page 39 already on a thread started yesterday afternoon.

On another note, I'm a bit surprised that news of the Open-LAN variety was met with such hostility. It definitely could be more convenient logistically, which I'm sure would lead to a more expansive reach. However, OPEN LAN. That's good news. It's a step in the right direction, even if it's more of a look-my-baby-just-took-his-first-step-actually-he-tripped step.

Open LAN? Check

Riptide and Overgrowth?  :apg:

Carry on, Beyonders.

RIP Cooper

RIP W0uld's self-esteem

You havent missed much. We bitched about MLG being left out of the loop for most of those pages. The rest are filled with a mixture of Harambe, dank memes, and important charts showing why Open Lans should be on the East Coast more so than West.

You havent missed much. We bitched about MLG being left out of the loop for most of those pages. The rest are filled with a mixture of Harambe, dank memes, and important charts showing why Open Lans should be on the East Coast more so than West.

This thread so far.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Open LAN? Check

Riptide and Overgrowth? :apg:

Carry on, Beyonders.

RIP Cooper

RIP W0uld's self-esteem

Liquid is Spartan, Commonly, Penguin, and Rayne.

people would watch the pro league if spectator mode wasn't broken

Or if pros started streaming their matches.

I am begging that this thread and the posters in it push for pros to lift the agreement on not streaming league games this season.

It baffles me as a keen lurker here how little posts I saw about this issue last season.

It makes no sense to me why pros have agreed to this.  I know the agreement is in place so that all the traffic is directed to the Halo channel and they feel that's the way to make Halo grow but it's obviously not working with spectator mode being broken.

During any qualifier that both the Halo channel and other pros streamed the Halo Channel would always keep a solid amount of viewers and usually by far the majority when compared to pros channels. 

Also a lot of fans enjoy watching their favourite teams while being able to listen to them and their coms. I want to hear the story lines as they happen, hear the shit talk etc. That's why LANs are so great.

Alright, I could rant on but I'm going stfu and hope that more people push for it.   :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 3

who?

Yeah, i dont care what Vetoed says, power up and power weapons have no place in FFA.

Liquid is Spartan, Commonly, Penguin, and Rayne.

:flip:  glad they found a great org.

Where is ex-Liquid headed?

If we had a company making a great competitive game the community would profitably take care of itself like it did from Halo 1-3 when we had great games that functioned and were feature rich. MLG dropped us because Reach sucked and no one cared anymore. Throwing money at something will not generate long term success. It's good that they are artificially keeping the game afloat with prize money but we shouldn't be thanking them having to do that in the first place.

Obviously if things were going well for the series over the years they'd be going well, or not, modern esports can be a fickle industry. Smash / CS / UT / Quake all showed that it is possible for the community to reconcile being forced onto a shit newer game by simply not budging from their preferred experience and they are valued for their sustainability.

My point was that whilst everyone was enjoying the fruits of the passions of MLG (all credit to them they did a great job) they ignored all other potential avenues that would have solidified the scene. Thus when MLG dipped, whatever the reason, competitive Halo was left treading water hoping someone else would come and save them.

You see the same tunnel vision mentality repeating last season when you would hear quite frequently that no one gives a shit about the EU scene, which is exactly what happened over the years and it basically shriveled up and died. Again this season with the announcement that two lower tier organizers are taking care of the open LANs people are shouting about mismanagement and doing things "better" or "right" but in actuality they're asking for "more". Bigger prize pools, more developer driven open LANs, more funding into production. It doesn't matter that daddies got big pockets, at some point it turns from an investment to self-entitled charity.

As much as I would like MLG to be at the helm of the developer driven campaign wouldn't it be just as beneficial, if not more so, if they started their own open LANs to provide more opportunities for the scene alongside what the developer is bringing to the table? There's so much talk about how they'd do every part of it better and people would attend so why not have a crack and provide some direct competition, maybe even get some crowd funding involved. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

who?

Really good FFA player. He competed in a couple of the points brackets for Worlds with Kampy.

OT: Anybody in here that will let me piggy back their Spartan Company so I can haz Achilles?  :simms:  :prayers:

:flip:  glad they found a great org.

Where is ex-Liquid headed?

Eco, Naded, Danoxide and El Town have been running games. They have announced their org yet. 

I just don't play like a freak. I just play basic Halo. 

god damn right

i'm sick of this flashy newfangled dipsy doodle halo all the young kids like to play

basic is better

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We had nothing to really go off of when we started it, I'll talk to @@Clicked and @@Saucey and see if we can streamline it more if the demand is there.

Cool, would like to see how everyone else feels about it.

Oh god, OpTic are gonna dominate in Gears of War. Looks like viewership could literally be higher than Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh god, OpTic are gonna dominate in Gears of War. Looks like viewership could literally be higher than Halo.

Optic fans only care about CoD I highly doubt that is gonna happen. Probably a spike in viewers in their first matches and then they are gonna lose interest.

• Upvote (+1) 1