CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The pro team is the team that tests the maps to see if they play well, and think of any changes to new and current ideas.

I understand that this is the stated purpose of pro team, but I see no evidence that people who were ever involved in playing competitive halo have any input currently.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Caster Dream Lineup:

Simms-Puckett-Tsquared-Elamite-Goldenboy-Walshy

With Ryanoob and Towey thrown in as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So it seems Jimbo is now on Fabe in place of Kimbo. 

A shame i was looking forward to the buks,Jimbo, Qristola roster.

Its good for Jimbo i suppose but why change an unbeaten team?

Yeah Ghost was great at regionals, don't know why we haven't seen more of him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh no... you're from Cincinnati?

I just moved from there, I hated it :wutface:

Dicks out for Harambe

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If you could have any former pros on the caster desk who would they be?

Walshy, obviously.

Tsquared, obviously.

There's really not that many well spoken pros in the Halo community I could see transitioning well into casters.

I think Elamite is fantastic but he needs someone much more energetic by his side to really bring the best out of him.

Walshy and T2 are flashed out casters already. I had in my mind more of an analyst addition. Let's say a tricast with two "professional" casters with addition of currert/former pro who would answer questions about specific plays, situations, playstyles. You have a fast talker Bravo, more in depth caster (and gametype and settings expert) Ghost, and "from the field" expert that breaks down specific moments/scenarios. That person doesn't speak all that much and doesn't need to have voice of Goldenboy. Anyone like Ogre2, Ryan, Buks. The presence it self of those personas add a lot. Many esports do this, it's great. Even Eu Halo did it few times during Uk/Eu finals.

Oh no... you're from Cincinnati? 

I just moved from there, I hated it  :wutface:

Haha really? thats kinda funny actually.  RIP Harambe and Cincinnati Zoo Twitter account

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bravo and Ghost are some of the best casters Halo ever had honestly. Yeah, they were not involved in casting all that much recently but that could change I guess. Also there are a lot of veteran pros that could spice up caster/analyst desk.

I like simms, onset and strongside myself.  I love how excited strongside gets when players go off.

I also thought Spartan did a decent job when casting with Onset last season

Caster Dream Lineup:

Simms-Puckett-Tsquared-Elamite-Goldenboy-Walshy

With Ryanoob and Towey thrown in as well.

But...how would you ever choose pairings?  Do you go to a three person panel?  Do you do three teams of two?  Maybe a 4 man desk with 2 field reporters to interview players?  At what point do you bring in Ogre 2 for guest commentary and banter with Puckett?  

Dammit man, I'm a forum poster, not a production manager.

(Sorry...I'm 10 minutes from getting off work and I think I might be a little loopy)

So let's see if we can correctly predict what will happen first:

Halo event run by MLG or a Destiny event run by MLG?

A little backstory, Destiny is just introducing private matches in their new expansion, so it is probably going to take a while before competitive tournaments are held (if at all, though Bungie has said that if the community wants it, they will support it). 

With that in mind, I predicted that there will be a Destiny event before Halo again  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe he doesn't want to commentate.

Horseshit. More like he's got tons of other things to do at 343. Remember how much work he did for free during H4 era? He loves Halo, he loves working on it, casting too obviously. He also happens to be one of the most knowledgeable Halo persons and talented caster. Huh. Too much talent, not enough time ?

Ppl asked him on twitter why he is not casting anymore. He said "he hasn't been asked to". Recently he replied to similar question "only time will tell".

If something doesn't get fixed/changed instantly don't let that put you off posting feedback on thinking it get brushed off as an empty promise, I appreciate all comments and feedback for the better and ensure it makes the right team.

So how about them videos during downtime being changed that we've been giving feedback on since Halo 4?

There's so much more that could be shown, videos that would get people interested, help players out, have an impact, not make people turn the stream off etc.

X5oO9jc.png

Completely irrelevant and I'm quoting myself for this but holy shit, Quinn - that armour is disgusting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Completely irrelevant and I'm quoting myself for this but holy shit, Quinn - that armour is disgusting.

90% of the armor in the game is  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like simms, onset and strongside myself. I love how excited strongside gets when players go off.

I also thought Spartan did a decent job when casting with Onset last season

We were talking more about current Na casters. Simms is another level obviously, also Onset, Gaskin and Harry are more then decent. And more importantly they have a great chemistry between them, something Na has been lacking during first season.

Honestly though I think Strongside should step down to analyst role. I like his both voice and presence but when he gets heated up (and that is often) he stumbles upon himself a ton. On the other hand, when he is relaxed (analyst desk, Hcs Listenin) he is very pleasant to listen to.

Was actually a topic in one of the calls I was on around 2/3 hours ago. Will update once/if something further progresses.

Cool.

Don't be shy in making a thread here asking for video ideas either, if/when the time comes.

We were talking more about current Na casters. Simms is another level obviously, also Onset, Gaskin and Harry are more then decent. And more importantly they have a great chemistry between them, something Na has been lacking during first season.

Honestly though I think Strongside should step down to analyst role. I like his both voice and presence but when he gets heated up (and that is often) he stumbles upon himself a ton. On the other hand, when he is relaxed (analyst desk, Hcs Listenin) he is very pleasant to listen to.

I know what you mean about strongside but i kind of like it, not so much the stumbles but the enthusiasm is great. Personal preference i suppose but i wish walshy would get on more NA casts

Casters should work on being more inappropriate. Like when Simms says damn and hell or when T2 says boner.

So long as they don't say "get f****** raped!" Right?