CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm sure that Che has nothing to do with settings.

Anyway, are there any free agents left in the industry who know how to make a proper arena shooter?

From the maps, to the proposed settings, it seems like 343i just doesn't "get it". As evidence, they are testing settings to see if people like them, rather than previewing settings that they already know are functionally sound. It just feels like their goal is to learn as they go... As opposed to being experts in the field (which is a better approach than saying fuck it and shitting out a game like H4)

Is Arena design becoming a lost art? Since COD4, it seems like devs are avoiding the sub-genre or fucking up their attempts at it.

Edit: also, seriously why do they have a pro team?

The pro team is the team that tests the maps to see if they play well, and think of any changes to new and current ideas.

Yeah no.

This community survived through the dark ages without great, official support...

Don't blame the community. It's ESL and the HCS team.

Behave yourself, we held a random rich group of guys to the same unrealistic standards as we currently do throughout Halo4 until they gave up and packed it in. Back in the day MLG was great but when that went there wasn't a scene left and people really weren't too interested in carving out one.

Genuinely where do you think we'd be without 343's support over the last few years?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

@@Moyceyy che is the media head dude, he has nothing to do with the settings

also i updated the HCS event calendar so check that out if you like not missing stuff https://www.stanza.co/@hcs#/ 

That's awesome Moses. I'll be sure to share that around once I get home. Thanks for making that!

• Upvote (+1) 1

No promises were ever made Vin except that feedback would be passed on and taken on board and scaled up, which did happen. I think to say empty promises is a tad strong, I always push to get the community what it asks for and scale up to the right parties, obviously I can't promise everything will be a given hence I never promise anything on them. Just to note a few...

Open LAN events

Prize pool breakdowns

Rulebook (will be going live to public)

Better finals/event location

Dates and location for finals in advance

If something doesn't get fixed/changed instantly don't let that put you off posting feedback on thinking it get brushed off as an empty promise, I appreciate all comments and feedback for the better and ensure it makes the right team.

Don't take anything too personally Simms, I know if it were you in charge things would be different but I'm sorry, feedback can be passed along all we or you want, but if nothing is done with that feedback, then what's the point?

Behave yourself, we held a random rich group of guys to the same unrealistic standards as we currently do throughout Halo4 until they gave up and packed it in. Back in the day MLG was great but when that went there wasn't a scene left and people really weren't too interested in carving out one.

Genuinely where do you think we'd be without 343's support over the last few years?

Am I saying drop 343? Hell I wouldn't even mind ESL is they didn't drop the ball at every turn.

I just fail to see the discrepancy between what the coalition is doing with gears and then what we have with Halo. Both sponsored by Xbox but miles apart in terms of what their getting out of a brand new studio and game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No promises were ever made Vin except that feedback would be passed on and taken on board and scaled up, which did happen. I think to say empty promises is a tad strong, I always push to get the community what it asks for and scale up to the right parties, obviously I can't promise everything will be a given hence I never promise anything on them. Just to note a few...

Open LAN events

Prize pool breakdowns

Rulebook (will be going live to public)

Better finals/event location

Dates and location for finals in advance

If something doesn't get fixed/changed instantly don't let that put you off posting feedback on thinking it get brushed off as an empty promise, I appreciate all comments and feedback for the better and ensure it makes the right team.

Huge progress has been made but theres still a long way to go. Onwards and Upwards :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll say it again, @@TheSimms should be running the HCS.

That would require the other people in charge to admit that someone else is better for the job
  • Upvote (+1) 7

That would require the other people in charge to admit that someone else is better for the job

Stole the words right out of my mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apparently being in the top 10 to 15% of players isn’t considered good anymore? Okay.

I've always thought that on here. Us on Beyond seem to forget that most players are Gold/Platinum.

I'm a 2k+ Onyx in Arena and FFA (Almost always solo), with a positive W/L and K/D. And for some reason I feel like a noob on here. While if I go to Waypoint or r/Halo I get confused for a pro. It's kind of funny.

Just a reminder that 343 is a subsidiary of a $100 billion company that most likely makes significant money off the Halo franchise, so no one should be guilted into feeling badly about complaining on an internet forum in the spirit of trying to grow the scene and improve the game and community that they love.

That said, I 100% agree that 343 is absolutely taking positive action to continually move in the right direction; I think some folks just wish that would happen more quickly.

Halo is a multi-billion dollar grossing franchise. It's Microsoft's baby. 

Being kind of neutral/ middle ground on this whole subject has led me to running out of both plus rep and neg rep in 1 day.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Being kind of neutral/ middle ground on this whole subject has led me to running out of both plus rep and neg rep in 1 day.  :mj:

Premium can fix that :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

feedback can be passed along all we or you want, but if nothing is done with that feedback

Feelings mutual Vin don't worry, its never personal. We are all here for the same goal! I just think to say nothing happened is a little strong as I personally think the same as the quote below.

Huge progress has been made 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Its actually shocking how dysfunctional corporations can be, I would guess Microsoft/343 has some level of this that we don't see. There are so many layers of oversight and approval, so many competing agendas, its not as simple as, "Ok Simms you're in charge, make halo great again!" If it was then I think we would be able to turn things around much more quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Premium can fix that :simms:

One day........One day soon..... 

But how long do I have to go before I can plus rep The Simms again?

One day........One day soon..... 

But how long do I have to go before I can plus rep The Simms again?

24 hour cycles of when you rep.

Dont you have to buy the new one to get the remake?

Oh I get what you're saying..haha sorry. Yeah I think you do. They get you like that. Honestly probably wont even touch the new one to be honest. 

S6iQ2hh.png

the forums lately lol

• Upvote (+1) 2