CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I consider anything above a 1.00 to be alright at the game. Being able to kill more than die is always a positive. 

You can achieve that in many ways, the question is how does he do it? Camping? Wizardry? Playing with really good people? 

We need answers.

• Downvote (-1) 2

LET'S GOOOOOO

Emma-Watson-Jiggle-Dance-Gif.gif

You sir are a rep cheater. Using Emma Watson is absolutely not fair.

OT: Liquid top 1. But realistically top 2

• Upvote (+1) 8

You sir are a rep cheater. Using Emma Watson is absolutely not fair.

OT: Liquid top 1. But realistically top 2

liquid liquid? or ex liquid? 

Agreed. That's why I'm pumped about the COD 4 remake coming out. Can't take the new ones they keep trying to make more and more futuristic which is only further ruining them in my opinion. So many ridiculous perks and things you can do it's absurd. 

oh but you still buying the new one :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure that Che has nothing to do with settings.

Anyway, are there any free agents left in the industry who know how to make a proper arena shooter?

From the maps, to the proposed settings, it seems like 343i just doesn't "get it". As evidence, they are testing settings to see if people like them, rather than previewing settings that they already know are functionally sound. It just feels like their goal is to learn as they go... As opposed to being experts in the field (which is a better approach than saying fuck it and shitting out a game like H4)

Is Arena design becoming a lost art? Since COD4, it seems like devs are avoiding the sub-genre or fucking up their attempts at it.

Edit: also, seriously why do they have a pro team?

Hardy Lebel, lead multiplayer designer of Halo 1. Quit after they ignored him during Halo 2's development and he was relegated to map designer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Apparently being in the top 10 to 15% of players isn’t considered good anymore? Okay.

Better than H3 where you weren't considered good unless you had your 50 in 5-6 playlists (including MLG) lol. This attitude isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

But we want the powers that be coming here feeling like they are amongst fans and friends that is the best way to get things accomplished that work for everyone. 

So true! Well worded!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I'm sure che has a part in the settings.

:sleeping:

I am sure that Che doesn't touch the settings.  I really dont know how they come up with these... 

So who the fuck does then? I literally am so confused as to how these changes came to fruition.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wait wait wait wait...

EU Pro League is only 1 day again?

Is that a joke?

That was probably the biggest complaint about last season... Is this company that cheap we can't stream online matches for a second day?

Well, get the viewers then.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll say it again

You get back what you put in

I don't expect to see any EU growth this season considering there just repeating the same mistakes despite saying how much they've listened to feedback. It's just empty promises at this point.

And I'm cautiously neutral about NA. I don't think we'll see much growth there either, at least viewership wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While we're on the topic of how these changes were devised, has anyone heard anything about the "HCS Council" 343 announced they'd be forming during the summer season. To my understanding this was supposed to include pro players, prominent community members, 343 pro team, and some from the actual development team. 

Point being the 343 stated outright that the community and pro players were supposed to be directly involved in the development of new settings BEFORE they were released, for the sole purpose of avoiding what is happening right now. 

Clearly 343 did not come through on that.

I've been playing since the 80's and have watched the competition grow from 20-30 of us meeting up at a Holiday inn conference room to play doom (ipx) we pitched in and rented and a prize pool we all pitched in for... to the current state of competitive gaming its just amazing. I also spent 10's of thousands of dollars getting Austin to events like Snakebite eluded to, in MLG orlando there were 6 of us in a 2bed, Dallas at least that many, do I think they need to have an event in the midwest absolutely, I am optimistic it will happen . On the subject of Quinn, that dude is dedicated and truly wants what is best for competitive Halo, he's a genuine guy with genuine motives. The best we can do to assist him and the team is to provide quality feedback and respectful well worded constructive criticism. I would volunteer to collect the data and provide it to him in a good format. I am not going to send him arbitrary this sucks 343 is lame type statements. I don't want to marginalize anyones feelings if your an aspiring player or fan and cant get to the west coast I truly understand the frustration trust me. But we want the powers that be coming here feeling like they are amongst fans and friends that is the best way to get things accomplished that work for everyone. 

I respect this sentiment, you for being a part of the community, and everything you did to get Mikwen to events. However, how can I honestly believe that Quinn wants the best for competitive halo when they dismiss having MLG as the partner. There is no way he honestly believes having e-arena and PGL running the open events will be better for Halo than allowing MLG to.

Edit: I know it probably wasn't all Quinns choice, but I have to believe he has a pretty loud voice in these decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respect this sentiment, you for being a part of the community, and everything you did to get Mikwen to events. However, how can I honestly believe that Quinn wants the best for competitive halo when they dismiss having MLG as the partner. There is no way he honestly believes having e-arena and PGL running the open events will be better for Halo than allowing MLG to.

Edit: I know it probably wasn't all Quinns choice, but I have to believe he has a pretty loud voice in these decisions.

Quinn is a game designer, I doubt he has any say behind how tournaments are ran, organizations they partner with, budgeting distribution, etc.

For all we know, he may just help with write ups for Halo 5, he could have moved on to Halo 6 already and not be touching Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll say it again

You get back what you put in

I don't expect to see any EU growth this season considering there just repeating the same mistakes despite saying how much they've listened to feedback. It's just empty promises at this point.

And I'm cautiously neutral about NA. I don't think we'll see much growth there either, at least viewership wise.

"You get what you put in"

The same could be said about the community to be quite honest. For the majority of the top esports currently you could take away their developer funding and it would be a blow but they'd still sustain themselves, the same can't be said about Halo anymore.

Apparently being in the top 10 to 15% of players isn’t considered good anymore? Okay.

I'm top 6% in Overwatch apparently but I'd consider myself dogshit. I'm top 0.5% in CSGO and I'd consider myself good. Not that it really matters if he's amazing as @ explained.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This says it all, it has to be personal shit:

fdrSPzO.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Good enough for what? Good enough to know what's best for competitive settings? No.

Top 10-15% is nothing impressive considering this game has an overwhelmingly casual audience.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"You get what you put in"

The same could be said about the community to be quite honest. For the majority of the top esports currently you could take away their developer funding and it would be a blow but they'd still sustain themselves, the same can't be said about Halo anymore.

I'm top 6% in Overwatch apparently but I'd consider myself dogshit. I'm top 0.5% in CSGO and I'd consider myself good. Not that it really matters if he's amazing as @ explained.

Yeah no.

This community survived through the dark ages without great, official support...

Don't blame the community. It's ESL and the HCS team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

can you read? It's a remake...of an older COD...thats not futuristic

Dont you have to buy the new one to get the remake?